I need help from the computer geeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello. Does anybody know about linux? I wanted to install it on my home PC. I downloaded an .iso image from Mandriva, and burned it to CD. When I try to boot from it, it doesn't. I have the PC to default to boot from CD. When I have another bootable CD in the drive, it boots no problem. I read all I would need is the .iso file (Its over 700MB by the way, so I'm guessing the whole OS is on there.) Is there something else I need to do? I didn't make sense to me that it would just boot from that one .iso file. I figured you would need some type of config on the CD that would make it bootable. When I try to go online to research how to do this, the stuff I get is just WAY to technical for me, so it is no help. Anyone? I know I saw some PC/tech people on this site. Thanks.
    where does this go?

Morrison, Determinator is pretty good at thoses things maybe you can pm him. My IT husband is out of town sorry
    Mar

Comment

Thanks Simey. I hope its not inappropriate to start a thread like this and bump others down. I thought of that after the fact. I just want help with this. I'm the type of person, if I can't figure something out, I go crazy. I just can't let things go.
      where does this go?

Comment

Morrison, your talking to someone just like you, I too have to make it work now!! No waiting. I am the worst combination of a person, impatient perfectionist.
        Smiles
        Mary

Comment

Working...
        X