Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reviewing our Belief Systems - What works and what doesn't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I have been thinking a lot about beliefs and how they affect our lives. On a personal note, I?ve spent a lot of time looking at the beliefs I?ve grown up with, and working on them to keep what assists me in my path/life, and what needs to be discarded. The following book has been very helpful to me in assisting me to become conscious of the beliefs I hold. Here follows a number of quotes from a specific chapter that has been relevant to me recently.

Please note that this is my own summation of the chapter. Others may have read this and picked out entirely different passages! If anything in this resonates with you, I suggest you seek out the book and find your own interpretation.

From ?The Nature of Personal Reality; specific, practical Techniques for solving everyday problems and enriching the life you know.? Jane Roberts 1974; notes by Robert F Butts. A Seth Book. This edition; 1994 Amber-Allen Publishing.

Chapter 3 (abridged/summarized ? by my own personal interpretation):
    "Ideas have an electromagnetic reality. Beliefs are strong ideas about the nature of reality. Ideas generate emotion. Like attracts like, so similar ideas group about each others and you accept those that fit in with your particular ?system? of ideas."

"If you become aware of your own conscious thoughts, these themselves will give you clues for they clearly speak your beliefs?You may follow your thoughts, and find yourself thinking that you are having difficulty because you are too sensitive. Finding the thought you may say, ?But it is true; I am. I react with such great emotion to small things.? But that is a belief, and a limiting one."

"If you follow your thoughts further you may find yourself thinking, ?I am proud of my sensitivity. It sets me apart from the mob? or, ?I am too good for this world.? These are limiting beliefs. They will distort true reality ? your own true reality."

"You are a sender and a receiver. Because ideas have an electromagnetic reality, beliefs, because of their intensity, radiate strongly? Limiting ideas therefore predispose you to accept others of a similar nature. Exuberant ideas of freedom, spontaneity and joy automatically collect others of their kind also."

"If you are honest? you will finally come to what I call core beliefs, strong ideas about your own existence. Many other subsidiary beliefs? should now appear quite clearly as being offshoots of core beliefs? Once the core belief is understood to be a false one, the others will fall away."

"It is the core belief which is strong enough to so focus your perception that you perceive from the physical world only those events that correlate with it? As your beliefs change there will be alterations in your experience and behaviour, and points of stress, creative stress, while you are learning. There is a period of stress? whilst you dispense with one set and are learning to use another."

"The truth is then that you form your reality directly. You react consciously and unconsciously to your beliefs. You collect from the physical universe, and the interior one, data that seems to correlate with your beliefs."

"Believe, then, that you are a being unlimited by nature, born into flesh to materialize as best you can the great joy and spontaneity of your nature.?

Just wanted to put this out there. As always, would love to hear your feedback.

Much love

Gem x
    Free since 26th February 2012

PS: Yes this particular edition was 1994. But there have been many editions since and they are widely available!
    Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Very interesting stuff hidden_gem..I always enjoy your post. Didn't someone say that "in order to believe something you have to believe everything about it?" (something to that effect) I like that, because if you really follow your thoughts/beliefs, you may find just a few thoughts away, that you contradict yourself right away...or find out how limited your perception of that 'idea' actually was..

Comment

"Believe, then, that you are a being unlimited by nature, born into flesh to materialize as best you can the great joy and spontaneity of your nature.?

Interesting...
        :h Nancy
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Working...
        X