Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weirdest, thoughtless, funniest gift.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having my daughter's Communion next week & have to borrow my mother-in-law's ice bucket AGAIN. Usually when we entertain we have a cooler but for this time....I need a bucket. I've borrowed it a few times. You'd think she'd get us one for Christmas-ok-or we'd buy one.:H

Anyway...got me thinking...She once bought us sterling silver wine stoppers knowing I have an alcohol problem. We have no alcohol in the house. Yup she is the same person that made me pot roast laced with cabbage when I came home from the hospital with my first born. Feed a nursing mom cabbage. She doesn't think.

So what is the dumbest, funniest, thoughtless, weirdest gift you ever received?

My second would have to be from my best friend. A motion detected dumb rubber bass fish you hang up that flaps & sings. She thought it was up my alley. I got her a sweater. I got gypped.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Oh no, not the bass fish!!! That is the silliest thing I had ever seen. Is it hanging in your house?

One gift that came to mind was someone got me a beer stein that every time you placed it back on the table a huge burp would come out of it. I actually have it in a pile thinking I will pass it along to someone as a gag gift but now it sort of makes me laugh so I may keep it.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Billy bass!!! I have a few, A whoopie cushion human size you wear for Halloween. A little putting green that goes around your toliet like a rug. A pair of palattzo pants (baggy) that are made out of chili pepper fabric that you tie on your waist and legs.

Ok I am going to stop cause this is making me look like some kind of freak.
      Sammys

P.S. I have many more

Comment

And yes they were all gifts.

Sammys

Comment

my mum always bought me some kind of alcohol for my birthday, till she realised i had a problem.

last birthday she bought me an ironing board

Comment

I had a boyfriend once give me a thigh master for my birthday.
            Needless to say, I didn't marry him.
            * * I love Determinator * *

Comment

:H these are tooo funny:H

& noooo....the fish if I recall....was tossed after it's "stay" with us in the closet.

I do still have the wine stoppers that I plan on re-gifting one day.
              :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

LOL DX!!!! Glad you dumped that loser.......
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

My MIL bought me some weird man hating fish earrings- some kinda fish where you can procreate without a man fish. They are ugly and creepy. And this was a gift for having a baby with her son. LOL

I'm telling you no one can top her.

"Whoaahhhh she comes- watch out boy she'll chew you up, whoaa here she comes...she's a MANEATER!!!!" Lushy and my fave song. LOL!!!!
                  Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

My MIL got me a book about "how to keep your hubby happy" I think it was written by a priest
                    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

The silliest was the Louis Armstrong doll my husband got me. You press a button on the base, and it blinks and turns its head and sings "What a Wonderful World." The most bizarre was a lovely salmon slicing knife from William Sonoma that was given for Xmas by my brother-in-law. It's for slicing entire sides of smoked salmon - not the kind of thing one purchases very often.

Comment

Prescious, that cracked me up!

How to keep your hubby happy - written by a priest, ey? Well, introduce him to the priest, ha, ha! No, just joking. That would probably just make the priest happy.

The weirdest gift I ever got from a female was a tooth pick holding device. Now what on earth that was supposed to mean?? I tried to read something into it ... I have no oral hygiene issues ...

So ladies, what could that mean ... Tooth picks ... Holding device? Anything saucy tied to that?
                        Paddy
                        Time's fun when you're having flies. - Kermit the Frog - eace:

Comment

Working...
                        X