Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Topamax and mental clarity

Hi,

Read the Topamax survey - good information. I am pondering that I really should try it, too. However, I am in the middle of very busy project and on a business trip working serious hours. I need to be alert and functioning all the time. Worrying that Topa might mess me not to be able to do my work.

Also, I ordered GABA in addition to the starter pack with Kudzu and glutamine. Would they be sufficient until I get back home in 4-5 weeks?

Any experiences or advice, please.

Otie
    :new:

Hi Otie and welcome,
    The sups you have ordered may well be enough to help you through your business trip and I'm sure drinking less will help with the mental clarity for your project.
    Here is a link to a post about meds to help with the brain fog should you decide to try the topa.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ents-5601.html
    Here is a link for cheap generic topamax online
    Buy Generic Topamax (Topiramate) Online :: Aclepsa.com They take a couple of weeks to deliver.
    Also keep visiting this site there is so much info and support here, its fantastic.
    Best Wishes
    Suz
    Suz
    Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Every medication effects everyone differently-it's hard to tell. I only occasionally got that "word on the tip of my tongue" forgetfulness that lasted for about 2 weeks. That's all. No Topa dopa. No sleepiness.
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I gave Topamax up after 2 weeks as I felt so spaced out on it. Not all day, but for significant parts of the day. This meant things like going to the shop and really having to strain to remember what I'd intended to buy, not being able to get serious and efficient about working fast on things that needed me to. I hated it. I couldn't wait to get back to feeling alert and sharp.

Comment

Cookinghappy - did you feel more brain fog than when drinking? I haven't yet tried topa, plan to ask my doc for it next week. I've read about the mental effects, and at first was put off, but figure, it can't be worse than a night (in my case every night) of drinking.

To others - if you experienced topa dopa was it worse then the mental problems of drinking heavily?
          Hugs,
          imatree

Comment

Imatree, In a word (or a couple of words) certainly not!!!!

Robin

Comment

What about driving? Mine has not arrived yet.
              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

imatree;133335 wrote:
                To others - if you experienced topa dopa was it worse then the mental problems of drinking heavily?
                Good question...I'd have to say no....drinking causes major problems with mental clarity as well and they are probably much worse than those caused by Topa...for me...the biggest issue has been the fatigue....I am told that will pass though.
                :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

rottrod;134072 wrote: What about driving? Mine has not arrived yet.
                  Sorry Rottrod...didn't see yours...(guess the topa made me miss it... )....

For me driving has been about the same except for the fatigue....I have about a 45 minute drive to and from work...the morning drive isn't too bad...the afternoon drive can be a bit tough depending upon when I start and how I am feeling when I start but it hasn't generally been TOO much worse than usual...I am usually a bit tired in the afternoon anyway...I get home, take a quick power nap on the couch and I am good until bed time.
                  :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

I tried it for 30 days with the only affect being beer tasted really weird and sort of nasty. Wine stayed the same, but I felt it might have cause me the drastic weight gain. Anybody experience that?

Comment

I bought adrafinil from nubrain.com as per RJ's recommendation. bloody fantastic stuff. Took it for about 4 weeks. gets rid of 95% of the fog. However, it makes your appetite disappear almost completely, which was a bonus for me, but if you are already slim you may not want this.

i had no other side effects whatsoever. But I did not do this under medical supervision, just trusted RJ's book .

Good luck all. kate

Comment

Working...
                      X