Getting to Know One Another

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone. Kathy posted in the Just Starting Out thread about wanting to know alittle more about all of the people here. There are so many new people at MYO these past few weeks...Maybe we could take this opportunity to introduce ourselves and give a little background on how we came to be at MYO.

I was a weekend drinker until I was in my thirties. I never considered myself a problem drinker. Throughout college it was what everyone did and in my twenties and thirties, it was just a fun way to blow off a little steam after working all week. When I was in my thirties I stayed home more because I had a husband and two kids. The opportunity just didn't present itself to get out like I used to. That's when I started drinking at home by myself. At first just occasionally, a few beers. Then I went through a divorce, and five years of being single. My way of dealing with all the stress of that was to drink more than I ever had in the past. In the past few years I switched to wine, more sophisticated and adult was my thought. After it started affecting my second marriage (which I cherish), I tried to stop and realized what a huge battle that was going to be. When did I become an "alcoholic"?

I'm 42, have a career, my children are flourishing, my husband is confused, and I'm struggling. This is not how I envisioned my life would be. On the surface I have it all--a loving husband and kids, a career, a few good friends...but in reality I have very little self worth because of this problem. I'm afraid of what will become of my life if I do not change. This sight has been a blessing. I have definitely been able to make positive changes because of all that I have learned from reading the MYO book, using supps, and especially logging on here.

Looking forward to learning more about others here.

Julie

I grew-up VERY poor...left home at 16, got married into a wealthy family. Which I am grateful for because of it I was the only one in my family to finish high school. Divorced my first year of college....worked FT and put myself through college. Grew-up in a small town in TX. But, moved to Miami, Fl with my first husband to attend college...was there ALONE through college after the first year...what a culture shock...GREW-UP fast! Received my BS in health Administration and I am credentialed in medical coding. Married the father of my two children. We lived in Miami for 10 years and then moved to SC where I live with the kids now. We divorced, I met my fiance' that was killed last year in an automobile accident...tried to drown the pain in the bottle...didn't work. So, here I am. With all of you!! 23 days AF, popping supps, and a big ol' Topa head loving life again.

Comment

Working...
    X