Here I go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here I go!

Without drawing out my story - I have been known to drink too much too often. About 80 days ago I found MWO, these boards and kudzu - my wonder supp. I abstained with great ease -- why? I don't know, but following the program managed to significantly alter not only my habits but also my thoughts about alcohol.
    I asked here for advice on whether or not to attempt moderation and received very sincerely and thoughtful response. After careful consideration, I decided to return to those ancient days of a single glass of wine once in a while.
    Why did I decide I could moderate? I no longer am obsessed by drink -- I am not planning and plotting for my next glass. Here's the best example I can think of:
    Friday night in the middle of a home spa birthday party/sleepover and sit down dinner with china and crystal dishes for 8 of my daughter's closest friends, I was pooped. I plopped into bed to watch a movie with DH. Thought, gee, my feet are sore, my head is pounding and the night is young for these kids. I think I'd really enjoy a glass of wine. I poured the wine, set it on my nightstand and didn't even have one sip - I simply forgot it was there and when I remembered, just didn't really care about it. I funnelled it back into the bottle, recorked it and stuffed it in the refrigerator.
    I am ready for moderation. I have so loved being an MWOer and reading and posting and laughing and crying. But, I've been spending too much time here and not enough with my family -- so, here I go. I'll check in every once in a while, but for now I wish all you the very best and thanks for being here when I most needed it. May all of you find success in abstinence or moderation -- whichever is the right way for you.
    Love ya all,
    T.
    Mama T.
    Found MWO Feb. 17, 2007

Here I go!

A great success story Mama T ...thanks for sharing!!
    Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Here I go!

I wish you continued success .....
      :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Here I go!

Fantastic mamatee

Family is so important. I am glad you are so happy when you are with them. You've been a great attribute to this site, and an inspiration, and generally nice person. I hope you stop by to post once in awhile, but whatever you do, I wish you the best.
        where does this go?

Comment

Here I go!

Good luck Mama-T. It sure sounds like you have your priorities straight! Enjoy the time spent with your family.

Julie

Comment

Here I go!

Big hug and good luck mama... it sounds like you are going to be just fine! You know how some people find moderation hard... well always remember also, that if ever you find yourself struggling a bit with moderation, come straight back in here.

And my advice from experience is to formulate a solid plan/limits for yourself.

Lots of love
            Scooby
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Here I go!

I wish you all the best MamaTee and thanks for sharing your story!
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Here I go!

Dear Mama T

A fantastic success story indeed! Good for you!

Y'know, I've been having very similar thoughts. I've been moderating for a few weeks now - a single glass every now and then, and finding that it's been no big deal at all. So it's been occurring to me that maybe I have been successful in changing the way I act and feel around alcohol. Not quite as confident as you yet in saying that is definitely the case - still an element of wishful thinking perhaps, but I really do think I'm well on the way to making that change. Isn't that simply wonderful?

And the best bit is this! That even if we do have a slip, we know what to do to get right back on track again!!

So best of luck. I completely understand about the need to stop obsessing about 'drinking" and maybe part of that is spending less time here - sad as that may be! I suspect a vital time in the process is knowing the right time to step aside (not leave completely, we hope) but just step aside.

Love
                Robin
                x

Comment

Here I go!

Congratulations Mama T. I think all of us have different ways of handling our drinking, and I am so glad you are able to moderate since that is what you want. I also agree with Scooby, come anytime you feel you need us, we will be here for you. And come just to visit when you can.

God Bless
                  Bear
                  What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                  ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Here I go!

Great story Mama T. Spend time with your family. It will mean alot to them and you. I am doing the same with mine, spending more time. One reason is because I have more time. I am no longer that lump on the couch from 5 to 9.

We will be here for you, so please pop in to say hello.
                    The world and everyday of it is mine.

Comment

Here I go!

Well Mama it seems as if you are on your way and I wish you all the best.. Do come back though and let us know how you are doing..

Au revoir,
                      Love, Louise xxx
                      A F F L..
                      Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Here I go!

Mama T, i am very proud of you and moderation is possible for some. You are proof! congrats!!! come back often to let us know how your doing, because I'd miss you if you stayed gone to long.
                        Smiles
                        Mar

Comment

Here I go!

I would like to Thank-You so much for your honest and heartful responses when I first became a MWO-er almost 3 weeks ago... You were and still are an insiration to all of us. We are blessed to have you... Take Care, You're doing just wonderful Mama T !
                          Sincerely, Love; ~Niblet~

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
                          X