Early mothers day pressie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My honey bun :h gave me an early Mothers Day present (Mothers day is next Sunday for us Aussies) from the boys. It's a new mountain bike with hydraulic disc brakes... it's identical to his new one which he bought about 6 months ago. A 'Giant - Alias'. I also got some new mountain bike shoes (colour co-ordinated - of course! ) and a few other things. (We always go crazy in bike shops!) We christened it yesterday morning and went for a 2 hour MTB ride through the local national park near our house... it was a sensational day! We went to some friends for a BBQ dinner last night. The first hour or two, my girlfriend and I just drank mineral water (she knows I'm trying to moderate) and the we caved in and had some really nice red wine... eeeck.... big mistake! I'm realising now that for some reason, I really do find red wine really addictive and can't stop at 2 or 3. Over the course of the night and when we got home, I had in total around 8 standard drinks... too much! Thankfully seeing as I spread it out I wasn't drunk! So I'm feeling a bit dehydrated today... Yuck! Apart from that, we had a fantastic weekend.

My little 8 year old had his first soccer match on Saturday morning and they won. He's loving it but needs to work on his fitness a bit so we're thinking of buying him a new bike too, one that is lighter and with front shocks so he can do some of the shorter mtb rides through the dirt with us.

7 weeks to go til our adventure race, so we'll be training almost daily until then. Part of the adventure race involves 5km of kayaking so I bought a heavy duty inflatable kayak on ebay last week (neither of us have ever done any kayaking) and it's just arrived today so next weekend we'll get wet and give this kayaking thing a go. lol. I'll post some photos of us in our adventure race when the time comes around.

Oh and I can't wait for the Topa dopa to arrive that I bought from that aclepsa site. It'll be interesting to see what it does. It should arrive later this week or early next week. I'd really love to be able to go to a BBQ and easily pass up the alcohol for mineral water and just go completely AF for a few months, and then decide whether to remain AF or try moderating properly. We'll see.

Well that turned out to be a big post from me! Thanks for reading

Scooby doo Ba
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

What a nice weekend....Happy Mother's Day to you!

Comment

Happy Mothers Day Scooby, I hope the topa works for you and you reach your personal goal with the alcohol. Your going to be so busy into all that outdoor sports training your you'll be to busy to drink.
      All the best
      Mar

Comment

Well scoob......you lucky dog! Sounds like ya got ur self a gooden there in that new honey bun. I'm glad for ya!!!
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Thanks gals

Simey, that's the plan! Replacing alcohol with the healthy stuff.

Gab, I started reading your post yesterday but had to leave quickly and couldn't finish reading it. The first part I read, I can really relate... based on my experience, (apart from all the stressful yucky divorce and dealings with the ex) you'll look back on this time you're having on your own with great fond memories, so enjoy it while it lasts. You sound to me like one hell of a gal who is going to be snapped up by a good guy when you're ready. I will post more on your thread now I have a chance to finish it.

Scooby
          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

That's great Scoob !!! Isn't it a great feeling to replace healthy habits with some not so healthy ones... Enjoy you new bike !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

"Mom's day" Ha! Everyday!

If you send this to just one person, it should make it all the way
              around the world by Mother's Day.
              This is for the mothers who have sat up all night with sick toddlers
              in their arms, wiping up barf laced with Oscar Mayer wieners and cherry
              Kool-Aid saying, "It's okay honey, Mommy's here"

Who have sat in rocking chairs for hours on end soothing crying
              babies
              who can't be comforted. This is for all the mothers who show up
              at work with spit-up in their hair and milk stains on their blouses and
              diapers in their purse.
              For all the mothers who run carpools and make cookies and sew
              Halloween costumes. And all the mothers who DON'T.

This is for the mothers who gave birth to babies they'll never see.

And the mothers who took those babies and gave them homes.
              This is for the mothers whose priceless art collections are hanging
              on their refrigerator doors.
              And for all the mothers who froze their buns on metal bleachers at
              football or soccer games instead of watching from the warmth of their
              cars,
              so that when their kids asked, "Did you see me, Mom?" they could say, "Of
              course, I wouldn't have missed it for the world," and mean it.
              This is for all the mothers who yell at their kids in the grocery
              store and swat them in despair when they stomp their feet and scream for
              ice cream before dinner. And for all the mothers who count to ten
              instead, but realize how child abuse happens.
              This is for all the mothers who sat down with their children and
              explained all about making babies. And for all the (grand) mothers who
              wanted to, but just couldn't find the words.
              This is for all the mothers who go hungry, so their children can eat.
              For all the mothers who read "Goodnight, Moon" twice a night for a
              year. And then read it again. "Just one more time."
              This is for all the mothers who taught their children to tie their
              shoelaces before they started school. And for all the mothers who opted
              for Velcro instead.

This is for all the mothers who teach their sons to cook and their daughters to sink a jump shot
              This is for every mother whose head turns automatically when a
              little voice calls "Mom?" in a crowd, even though they know their own offspring
              are at home -- or even away at college.
              This is for all the mothers who sent their kids to school with
              stomach
              aches, assuring them they'd be just FINE once they got there, only to get
              calls from the school nurse an hour later asking them to please pick them
              up. Right away.
              This is for mothers whose children have gone astray, who can't find
              the words to reach them.
              For all the mothers who bite their lips until they bleed when their 14/>year olds dye their hair green.
              For all the mothers of the victims of recent school shootings, and the mothers of those who did the shooting.
              For the mothers of the survivors, and the mothers who sat in front
              of their TVs in horror, hugging their child who just came home from
              school, safely.
              This is for all the mothers who taught their children to be peaceful,
              and now pray they come home safely from a war.
              What makes a good Mother anyway?
              Is it patience? Compassion? Broad hips? The ability to nurse a baby,
              cook dinner, and sew a button on a shirt, all at the same time?
              Or is it in her heart? Is it the ache you feel when you watch your
              son or daughter disappear down the street, walking to school alone for
              the very first time?
              The jolt that takes you from sleep to dread, from bed to crib at 2
              A.M. to put your hand on the back of a sleeping baby?
              The panic, years later, that comes again at 2 A.M. when you just
              want to hear their key in the door and know they are safe again in your home?
              Or the need to flee from wherever you are and hug your child when
              you hear news of a fire, a car accident, a child dying?
              The emotions of motherhood are universal and so our thoughts are for
              young mothers stumbling through diaper changes and sleep deprivation...

And mature mothers learning to let go.
              For working mothers and stay-at-home mothers.
              Single mothers and married mothers..
              Mothers with money, mothers without.
              This is for you all. For all of us

Hang in there. In the end we can only do the best we can. Tell them
              every day that we love them. And pray.
              Please pass along to all the! Moms in your life.

"Home is what catches you when you fall - and we all fall."
              Please pass this to a wonderful mother you know.
              (I just did)
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

For moms

"A Mother's Day Prayer"
                Here's the link:
                http://www.andiesisle.com/mothersdayprayer.html

If you enjoy this presentation, I invite you to share it with your friends and loved ones.? As always, there is no cost to share my pages.

This is a great site.
                Enjoy and check out her other presentations on her home page.

Love.

Nancy
                "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Thanks Nancy, that was lovely. How about for all those Mums who type one handed to reply to posts, with jealous toddlers on their laps, smelly ones at that! Must go nappy change needed.
                  Suz
                  Suz
                  Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

LOL! I am trying to master the art of one-handed typing as well! Sorry, had to acknowledge the toddler thing. My daughter sits on my lap a lot of the time while I am on here too. She LOVES all of the different avatars!

Comment

Hi Scooby,

Good to hear you had a fabulous weekend - does sound perfect! Don't beat yourself up about the wine either - it's just another step towards a decision to go AF as it really sounds like that's what you ultimately want.

It's funny you mention drink and barbecues - a friend of mine went through rehab and one of the exercises was to attend an alcohol free barbecue just to prove that they could enjoy such a traditionally drink-based social activity without the alcohol. I know it was different in that no alcohol was available, but she said it was a real eye-opener for her. At the time I remember thinking barbecue with no wine - no way! - but having now had several I can vouch that it doesn't take away any of the pleasure - in fact for me it lengthens it as a) I remember it and b) just being able to complete the evening with a completely clear head adn c) no embarassment the next day.

Anyway, good luck with the training - and hope you enjoy the kayaking next weekend - one of my favourite sports

:l
                      :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                      Goals:
                      Days 1-7 DONE
                      Days 8-14 DONE
                      Days 15-21 DONE
                      30 days DONE
                      60 days
                      100 days

Comment