Today 100 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today 100 days

I remember the first day AF... I kept putting off starting it cause I did not think I could do that.

Then I did. And I have looked at each day as just one day. and I have still done that. 100 AF.
    I started just to try to moderate, but have not tried that yet.
    I have just used the sups, and CD's and the board as tools...

Many times ...Many times as recent as yesterday, I just wanted to pound down a few... Sometimes with so much going on "stress etc. you think...Oh why not... Who cares?...(Where does that voice come from?...

Many, would have gone AF for a while report how they feel so much better. I really have not. ( Except the bad mornings of grog are gone)

I am tired, kind of weak and not sure footed, I have been working out for 10 weeks 5 days a week and trying to eat healthy stuff...have lost very little weight.. very frustrating....sometimes feeling worse in the middle of the day then when I drank a lot... Weird...

Perhaps my lack of feeling good has to do with some other health issue, I do not know about ...yet...

Yet... I know not drinking is the right thing....poring poison down your throat just is wrong for you and all you care about.

A big thank you to all here who have been supportive!!!
    As for tonight & tomorrow....one more day... I can do it...

Bless the Lord for strength day to day and for all you...(Thanks RJ!)
    Rocky
    Control the Mind

Today 100 days

Congrats Rocky on your 100 days! :goodjob:

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling a whole lot better. The day will come. Some people recover a bit faster than others, but just know your body is WAY better off without the alcohol.

So glad to see you are doing so well!!! Keep it up!

Comment

Today 100 days

Rocky, I am so happy for you on your 100 days - it couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Sorry to here that you are physically not feeling any better, though... Have you had a physical lately? Seems a little strange to be not drinking, but exercising & eating better and feeling the way you do.

Anyway, here's to the next 100 days!! :rockband:
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Today 100 days

Congratulations Rocky!
        Yes, sounds like something else might be going on health-wise. I know sometimes people can be anemic even if they eat a lot of iron-rich foods and even if needing to lose weight. It can make you very draggy. Maybe you just need some routine blood work to see if something else might be going on?

I know you must be feeling so much better mentally and spiritually having achieved such a wonderful victory! Keep going! Its always an inspiration to the rest of us.

Allie
        What happens in Vegas goes straight to Ohio....

Comment

Today 100 days

Congrats Rocky!! I hope your energy levels begin to climb soon. By all means, a physical may be in order. Way to go.

Roberta

Comment

Today 100 days

Rocky, congratulations on your 100 days, you sure deserve it..

I would go with the general opinion here Rocky, and get yourself checked out by a doctor, just to be on the safe side...
            A F F L..
            Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Today 100 days

Rocky!! that is awesome - 100 days is quite an accomplishment!!

Ditto to the check up. Seems you should be feeling on top of the world about now.

Comment

Today 100 days

Sorry Rocky, I should of suggested a check-up as well. Again, congrats!

Comment

Today 100 days

Whew, 100 days!! A Centurian!! WOW !! Well Done Rocky. I'm a third of the way there, not sure if I'll make it, but every day I'll try. Now I know how much of an achievement you've made. You should be very proud of yourself.

I agree with the others on the check-up thing.
                  :racer:

Comment

Today 100 days

Wow Rocky... that is such an achievement! Congratulations and keep going strong!

You must feel so proud of yourself. You deserve to!

Re feeling tired... I'd go to the doc and get your blood work done. I know thyroid problems can create exactly the symptoms you describe - Tired and lack of weight loss. I bet you feel better for hitting the gym. Have you made some new mates at the gym who you can relax with ie not around alcohol?

Scooby
                    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Today 100 days

Hi Rocky:

Way to go on the 100 days! I didn't know you had got that far AF.

A few words. Remember, the recovery happens in cycles. Some days good, some days bad. A lot of just so-so days.

Are you overdoing the workouts? I was guilty of that in the first days, and like many, had an all or nothing drive. After many months, I settled into a little more even level of exercise. My mind was driving me so hard to get healthy, that I burned out, and quit for a few weeks. Then picked it back up at a lower level of cross training. Much better to sustain for the long term. Tortoise and hare.

I second, or third, or fourth the physical exam. Lots of times, boozing will cover up issues with blood sugar. Fatigue and tiredness can be a result. Dizziness (not sure on feet?) also a symptom I believe.

Many times, depression can get very bad after quitting booze and/or cigarettes. It did with me. Fatigue and disorientation common. It could be tied in with a possible blood sugar issue as well.

Just passing this along, as the earlier months were not so much fun for me a lot of the time.

Don't cave in to the drinker voice. Sometimes it was screaming at me, and the sober Neil voice just about got buried a few times.

The world is opening up in new ways, these days little by little for me. Would have never known it if I had caved back a year ago.

You're right. The booze won't help, but it sure does make us think things are OK for a short while. The long term costs are just not worth the price of admission.

Be well.

Neil

Comment

Today 100 days

Rocky GREAT NEWS!

Rocky -- two things hypoglycemia, hypothyroidism -- bloodwork will provide some answers.
                        Also, not sure what kind of work that you do but are under alot of stress? I am so proud of you! Keep us posted! I am hypothyroid if you have any questions let me know. La Liz

When Louise reached 100 days I cut and pasted her post to my desk top & read it often...Louise (aka IrishLady with a tennis ball on her head (kidding ofcourse) I do hope you don't mind my posting an excerpt:

A normal person when they get up in the morning and the day starts crowding in on them, they may think to themselves " Oh God, another day to get through. "...When I get up in the morning I thank God in advance for another day without alcohol, another day when I don't have to lie to myself or my loved ones about my drinking, another day when I can feel my confidence and strength growing, another day when my body will carry on slowly healing itself, another day when I can look at myself in a mirror and instead of seeing a bleary hungover face I actually like what I see...

I feel as though God has given me a second chance and I am determined not to waste it...I'm still very much aware of all the wasted days spent either drinking or hung over...Now, even on the coldest or dullest of winter days it's a pleasure to go for a walk and to be able to take a delight in the beauty surrounding me..

This is MY LIFE, This is YOUR LIFE, so don't waste anymore of it...wake up....get out there...Grab it with both hands and hold it tightly....DON'T let alcohol take away from you what is the most precious gift you will ever receive.

Comment

Today 100 days

Rocky.....
                          I heartfelt congratulations on 100 days!!!! That is great.....
                          Just one thought: Are you taking campral? I agree with everyone else, exercise, food and probably a physcial are terrific advice. Stay strong.
                          Abby

Comment

Today 100 days

Wanted to add my congratulations as well Rocky. Hope you start feeling better soon...you have a lot to feel better about!!!
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Today 100 days

Hi Rocky- congrats first of all. Take a minute to feel good about that. Triple digits!
                              I'm closing in on 200 days now and there are still good and bad days. I started working out a lot too and got a trainer etc. I think you have to work on the right balance of exercise. I overdid it some too. I think 4 days a week is optimal for me. 3 is too little and 5 is just abit too much,. Try to get more sleep than you think you need too. That's just an opinion of course...

Hey...Fantastic Job on the 100 days :h
                              Lisa

Comment

Working...
                              X