Anyone know about terminal thyroid cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys, baby sister just called to tell me that our oldest sister who was not raised with us, (I didn't even know she was my sister until I was around 10) I thought she was an Aunt. The way they did things for single mothers in the 1950's I guess. Long story anyway my sister who is 8 years older than me has has thyroid problems for years. She finally was diagnosed with lupus and graves disease. and now being told that she has terminal thyroid cancer. I really don't know how to feel. I don't know her that well, were always pleasant to each other. But not close. My main concern is my Mom, she dosen't know and will fall to pieces when she does. This is her first born that was taken from her by her parents to raise as their own. I'm sure she will feel regret over the lost years. My sister is the parent of 2 boys.She always wanted a girl,she got her 1st Grandchild a little girl this past August. I really feel bad, she wants more Grandchildren. I was curious if anyone knows how long this disease takes to come to fruition? I guess I really need to talk the older sister, in order to prepare Mom. I am the one that takes care of things in the family. Thanks for letting me get that out.
    Mar

Simey so sorry to hear about your sister. My brother in law was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer in December and had surgery two weeks ago. He is only 33. He won't know what he is dealing with for another few days. (they did biopsies).

It is said Terminal Thyroid Cancer (the anaplastic form) is fast-growing and doesn't respond well to therapy.

I am so sorry you are going through so much right now. Prayers coming to you and yours.

Comment

So sorry Mar...gosh...I say wanna meet for drinks, but we're doing so good!

Comment

Simey, so sorry to hear about your sister. I'm not sure if this will help, but here's a link to the National Cancer Institute web page on thyroid cancer: Thyroid Cancer Home Page - National Cancer Institute

pixie
        AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Working...
        X