Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28 DAYS.....

Left!!!!!

Rockys 100 days made me think of this. To think how happy I was when I hit my first 30 AF days. Thats all I was gonna do at first. But truthfully I didn't feel stable enough. So I thought I had better go to like 45 days or so.

Well then after I hit the 45 day mark, I thought crap....now I have these 45 days and I kinda didn't know what to do with em. Actually it was sorta depressing. Cuz I thought I better just better keep on goin. I didn't want to ruin it. So I did. And then before ya know it I was just goin along. And along some more.

Sometimes it got really hard. Even just recently. But I just kept on hoedy doe-in. Workin on myself. Really doin some inner searching, workin, evaluatin, cryin, healin, readin. Postin here and postin some more. Gettin to know all you folks. Even havin fun. Kinda lots of fun. Learnin how to restructure a lot of things in my life so things weren't centered around drinkin. Learnin new ways to deal with my crap. The crap is sure still there. huggh....GOD knows that! But somehow I'm dealin.

Some really nice things have happened along the way. Like my new love. I sure wouldn't have him if I still had the drink. I wouldn't have a lot of things like my clarity which means so much to me, if I still had the drink.

Anyway....I could go on forever. But I wont. The funny thing is I think you know your an addict when you quit and you are counting the weeks, days....hours and minutes since your last whatever. :H

So I figure I am gonna count a little bit of success that instead - I can do that backwards. Instead of countin up my first 30 days. I am gonna count down
    my last 30 days of the year. Today I am on 28. I have only 28 more days till my first year of being alcohol free.

Boy thats amazing. I never knew I was gonna do this. But I sure am glad I did.
    Happy on me! :goodjob:

(inspite of the rest of the world beating on me :H ) I'm still laughing tho!
    Gabby :flower:

28 DAYS.....

Hey Gabby, well done....can't wait til I am doing my version of the same thing some time in the future......

Amelia
    Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

28 DAYS.....

Gabby, I posted in Rocky's thread congratulating you (sorry Rocky!).

What you have accomplished is truly awesome! You are a HUGE inspiration to the rest of us. Even through your tougher moments, in which you have had BIG TIME, you managed to stay away from picking up that drink.

Truly, truly, truly a job well done!

Comment

28 DAYS.....

Gabby - GREAT JOB is right!!! congratulations!! We are all so lucky to have you here and inspiring all of us! xo Mary

Comment

28 DAYS.....

Gabby,
          You are the best!!! Congratulations on a huge achievement. I know what you mean about the 45 days. When I made it to 30, I was like Wow, I did it. Now, I am looking forward to following in your footsteps....I only have 242 days to make it to a year.
          You are a major inspiration..... kudos to you.
          Abby

Comment

28 DAYS.....

Gab, you are a huge inspiration to me too! That is just incredible how you started on 30 days and just kept going. You've got the right attitude girlie... and great news about your new boy I hope he's treating you like a princess.

Scoobs xo
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

28 DAYS.....

good on ya Gabs!!!! great job!!! WTG.....whoo....whoo!!!...

:dancin: :wave: :danthin: :band2:
              :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

28 DAYS.....

What a great way of looking at it. Only 28 more days!!! You rock Gabby.............
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

28 DAYS.....

Let the countdown begin!!!!
                  Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

28 DAYS.....

:goodjob: Gabby. That is amazing. I know you'll shatter a hundred.
                    where does this go?

Comment

28 DAYS.....

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :thumbs: WOW! Gabster, that is bloody fantastic! You do rock! Glad to know you- you are an inspiration. Well done.

Comment

28 DAYS.....

Gabby~that's awesome!

Keep up the great work you.... remarkable you!
                        Attached files [img]/converted_files/244165=1010-attachment.gif[/img]
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

28 DAYS.....

GABBY...BEAUTIFUL POST!!!! YOU SO DESERVE ALL PRAISE & ACCOLADES!!! INCREDIBLE ACCOMPLISHMENT!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING SO MUCH

Comment

28 DAYS.....

I think you are doing great. Good Lord, even better than that. Good Job
                            What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                            ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

28 DAYS.....

Gab,

Thanks for the post!...You are special to all of us here.

Bless you.
                              Control the Mind

Comment

Working...
                              X