Horror Movies..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horror Movies..

I have been on a Horror Movie kick lately. I can't watch them when my girl is awake, and my DH hates them! So, I am forced to watch them during the day or if I manage to see them in between when she goes to sleep and if he works late.

I've been watching all the classics; Cujo (I have two dogs, not good); Pet Semetary; all the Freddy movies; Fright Night movies, Lost Boys, Pumpkinhead...all those kinds.

I can't stand the new ones these days; they are so gorey in a bad way and there is really no story to them anymore. It's just there for blood and guts, and that's just gross.

What is everyones favorite horror flicks? I am more partial to the vampire movies and such; even the good old Nosferatu!

Horror Movies..

You & my hubby would be a match in heaven-Halloween wouldn't be Halloween without Micheal Myers & that music....He loves Jaws, Friday the 13th (but as those movies got sequels they get worse). He loves classic horror movies.

Give me the Stephen King ones-my fav~Storm of the Century ("give me what I want & I'll go away"), Creepshow, Misery, Needful Things, The Shining, IT geesh....the list goes on.

I do like spook movies that have a ghost theme to them.

Give me imagination-don't need to see actual brains coming out...LOL!
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Horror Movies..

Gosh Breez I hadn't tought about Creepshow for years I used to love watching that!

The oldies are still great, Cujo still terrifies me and I watched Nightmare on Elm Street the other week and it's still great (I'm always trying to pull things out of dareams! though not Freddy obviously)

There are some good new ones too, the Japanese "Ring" is really scary and "Wrong Turn" is a good one. I quite like physocholgical thrillers too there is one where Michael Caine plays a crazy shrink who has gender issues, can't for the life of me think of the name. Can anyone remember, I think Angie Dickenson is in it and I think Brian de Palma directed it.

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

Horror Movies..

I've loved horror films since being a teenager....Stephen King is the master though for me..I like the old Zombie films...Dawn of the Dead...Day of the Dead...although they look really dated now.
        The spooky ones are the best though...Poltergeist is one of my favourites..."Can i get a goldfish now"?
        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Horror Movies..

Not me guys...I'm still getting over "The creature from the black lagoon"!

LOL
          "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Horror Movies..

The creature of Rosie O’Donnell... too scary...I just can't watch it
            Control the Mind

Comment

Horror Movies..

The Shining scared the crap out of me as a kid and still does today - even after seeing it a bazillion times!

Another movie which had given my sister and I MANY nightmares for years was The Turn of the Screw staring Marlon Brando. His character's name was Peter Quint and we use to lay there in bed and say out his name until we were crying and running to our mom's room. After months of this mutual torment she finally separated us and we had our own rooms! LOL!

And although a music video - Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' video still gives me the heebeejeebees!

Comment

Horror Movies..

Any of the old Hammer horror films with Christopher Lee - a well dressed, sanitary vampire with pretty victims in period clothing. Night of the Living Dead - a classic! Loved Saw ... not the later ones, the first Saw was more psychological than gorey, or the goriness was implied. Brian dePalma ... Dressed to Kill, that's it. He also did one called Body Double and another called Blow Out, all very good, suspenseful, creepy. I liked Near Dark, with dirty, bad unsanitary vampires. Not gory by today's standards. And Shaun of the Dead - excellent zombie spoof!
                "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Horror Movies..

Shaun of the Dead...Funniest film i've seen in the last couple of years...LOL...Forgot about that one..
                  I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                  One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Horror Movies..

IT...scares the hell out of me. I hate clowns!! And that one eats kids! I had nightmares about that movie for so long, I still won't watch it.

Comment

Horror Movies..

maniac
                      proberly the most disturbing film of all time , that and the excorsist
                      ///
                      the ninth configuaration is my fave film tho its not a horror movie

Comment

Horror Movies..

"Henry portrait of a Serial Killer" is pretty damn disturbing as well.
                        where does this go?

Comment

Horror Movies..

The old versions of Villaige of the Damned and Night of the Liviing Dead - and my favorite all time scary movie the Omen with Gregory Peck.

Comment

Horror Movies..

The wizard of Oz scares me to death. It has since I was 5. still can't watch it 40 years later. Don't really like scary movies, but if I want to laugh Always is "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" could watch that over and over.
                            Smiles
                            Mar

Comment

Horror Movies..

jsut one more note
                              ive got a pretty big film libary not all horror
                              henry is ok...... but stuff like driller killer i spit on your grave last house on the left are much more extreme
                              also gg who started this thread. has got to remind me of gg allin the most extreme underground rocker who ever lived

Comment

Working...
                              X