Feeling Trapped and captive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Lord thy God will turn thy captivity." (Deuteronomy 30:3)

God's own people may sell themselves into captivity by sin. A very bitter fruit is this.

What a terrible bondage it is when the child of God is sold under sin, held in chains by Satan, deprived of his liberty, robbed of his power in prayer and his delight in the Lord!

But as sure as we are human and in these bodies born in sin so we shall struggle till we see the Lord.

Let us watch that we come into such bondage less and less; but if this has already happened to us, let us by no means despair as with having no hope.

We shall not be held in slavery forever. The Lord Jesus has paid too high a price for our redemption to leave us in the enemy's hand! Amen!

The way to freedom is, "Return unto the Lord thy God." Where we first found salvation we shall find our Heavenly Father there to help us in our despair.

At the foot of Christ's cross, confessing sin, we shall find pardon and deliverance.

"He restores our soul" seeking Him and asking forgiveness with all our heart and all our soul, and then our captivity shall end.

Often depression of spirit and great misery of soul are removed as soon as we quit our idols and bow ourselves in obedience before the living God.

We need not be captives!

We may return to Zion's citizenship, and that speedily. Lord, turn our captivity!

Control the Mind

Thank you Rocky!

Comment

Rocky, Amen, that is a great message for all of us recovering here at MWO. That's how it's done.
      :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Another desktop item

Rocky thank you -- tomorrow I is day 30 for me!

When I refer to my desk top I have a special e-folder that has snipets of posts that inspire me... thank you Rocky! La Liz

Still...

Comment

Working...
        X