Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight Loss??

Hi guys!

In order to keep me motivated (as if a strong healthy liver, mind, relationships, mental clarity weren't enough) I wondered if anyone could share any weight loss stories from consuming less or no alcohol at all.

Doesn't really have to be all about weight loss, but I'd like to hear of any physical improvements.

Day 4!!!

E

Weight Loss??

well e i ahve lost 9lbs in the last 27 days without dieting i am very heavy though. but best of all i feel so well i used to have a pain in my right side which has gone, also my hands used to shake i used to tell people i had a benign tremor yeah right!!!! thats stopped now.
    i am sleeping well and i would be lying if i said i did not miss drink my god i do but these results will help keep me strong

Comment

Weight Loss??

I've dropped 25 lbs in the last 45 days! Cutting out the booze not only reduced my calorie intake but upped my workout schedule as well (who hasn't skipped a workout because of a hangover)?

Not only do I look and feel 100% better, my racing (bicycles) has improved greatly as well (usually the less you weigh the faster you are).
      Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Weight Loss??

I have dropped more than 15lbs in the last couple of months. I stopped drinking over 4 months ago and had a bit of 'fluff' on me from drinking and eating garbage when hung over. I have been walking and eating well however.

You will notice not only weightloss from the reduction in calories consumed, but your skin will definitely look better! My eyes - I haven't seen them this open and clear/healthy in a very long time. My appearance started to change dramatically after the first month.

Also, my cardio and overall energy has increased 10-fold. No more slothing around! There is nothing but 'good' that comes from quitting the drink!

Comment

Weight Loss??

WHOO-HOO! I love hearing this! Now, are you all moderaters, or abstainers?

Comment

Weight Loss??

Abstainer - although I have had two glasses of wine since December 29th.

Comment

Weight Loss??

Hi everyone,

Back when I had done 30 days AF I lost 7 pounds, I know it wasn't much, but I gained it all back when I started drinking to much on my weekends. I joined the gym, which I enjoy but you couldn't drag my hungover but in there with a mack truck and a large rope.

I am 17 days AF and back in the gym, and I don't want alcohol to change that!
              I'm thinking the pounds will come off.

kitkat
              AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
              Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Weight Loss??

I don't know if I count in this or not, but I did manage to lose all my baby weight (i put on 50lbs!!!) and I am back down to a size 6. Because of my section I could not everything I wanted at first. But I did do a lot of eating lean protein, lots of berries, dark greens and I only ate when I was hungry. At first I was BF'ing so I could not drink at all, but after that I ate like I did when I was still pregnant. I made my own juice, ate a HUGE breakfast, smaller lunch and tiny dinner.

At first working out after a section was horrible. But I can actually see my abs again!! yah!

I went out today and bought myself a brandnew outfit to make myself feel great for all the hard work I did to get back to a 6. Sexy little grecian top which my hubby will love and some nice pants to match. God love Paris!

Comment

Weight Loss??

I have lost 13 lbs in the past 25 days! YEAH!!!!

Comment

Weight Loss??

Great news. Thanks for starting this thread CKE - I've been wanting to ask the same questions. I eat really quite well but have gained so much weight from drinking. I need to lose 60 pounds. Think about all those calories of booze!!
                    I am going to ask my doctor for topa. In the MWO book RJ says it usually causes weight loss. Those of you who have lost weight, are you taking topa and do you find it is accelerating your weight loss? I am so disgusted with my body - I've never been nearly this heavy before. I'm embarassed to be seen in public, and my daughter fears I'm going to die young from being obese.
                    Hugs,
                    imatree

Comment

Weight Loss??

Good job on 13# loss, LUV. And back to Size 6 GG! AA, Accountable, hereatlast - very inspiring! Day 10 for me, no change, I seem to crave fast food, but even though I don't keep cookies, cakes or candy in the house, I visit vending machines at work! Guess I should leave the quarters and bills under $10 at home. I think I am eating more, just not gaining or losing - I must be replacing those extra 500+ daily calories - or maybe my body's just making its adjustment!
                      "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Weight Loss??

I seemed to have developed a strong craving for peanuts now that I'm not drinking. Unfortunately my boss keeps a VERY big jar of them in his office......

While I haven't lost weight, my belly is starting to flatten out some.
                        Suddenly I see
                        This is what I want to be
                        suddenly I see
                        Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Weight Loss??

Be careful of the peanuts... loaded with calories.

Well I haven't lost any weight yet (I need to lose about 8 kilos/18 pounds) to be my normal weight but I'm also waiting for my Topa Dopa to arrive, so I'll keep you posted!

Scoob
                          :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Weight Loss??

initially wheni went af i craved chocolate, now all the time i was drinking i never ate sweet things but someone on here mentioned the body missing alcohol sugars and to be honest in the early days i didnt care what i ate as long as i wasnt drinking that soon evened out and now i am able to resist sweet things and the alcohol, i think we need to adress the alcohol first and the rest will follow anyone else have any thoughts on that?

Comment

Weight Loss??

THANK YOU ~ THANK YOU for the encouraging words. I KNOW in my heart that if I can somehow go AF for 30 days I can loose most of the weight I need to loose. My belly! It's the only thing I can convince myself as a reason to quit. I'll be back for encouragement. It's that first day to say no that's the hardest.

MM

Comment

Working...
                              X