Hey Lushy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Lushy..

Hey Lushy, saw a bumper sticker today that read "Stop Bitching Start a Revoultion" ( I thought of you) So were do ya want to start? Saving Bees? I'll join ya!
    Smiles
    Mar

Hey Lushy..

That's a good one. Yep, saving the bees is a top priority for me right now. I made my friend hang up from her cell and not call me until she got home last night. My own personal revolution!! But then I realized I was talking on a cordless phone and that must confuse the bees too??!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey Lushy..

Let the revolution begin.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hey Lushy..

Lushy, I think your right about the cordless as well. My only fixed phone line now is in my bathroom. (No, I didn't put it in it was there when I bought the house.) I have to go buy some new phones. I wonder if you can still buy the old fashion ones? ummmh
        M

Comment

Hey Lushy..

I'm sorry...what's up with the bees?

Comment

Hey Lushy..

I mean do you want me to shoot them?

Comment

Hey Lushy..

No shooting the bees Chrysa! The bee population is declining at a rapidly alarming rate and the beekeepers and scientists are not quite sure why. No bees means fruits and veggies could disappear from our food supply if something is not done.

Discovery Channel :: News - Travel :: Honey Bee Die-off Alarms Beekeepers

One theory is that cell phone frequencies are confusing the bees internal radar so they cannot find their way back to their hives and are dying off. Cell phones for emergencies only is my motto.

Are cell phones bee killers? :: Fire and Knowledge

Comment

Hey Lushy..

Thx...lushy...I do think that is serious...in addition to not trusting any imports..we are getting in real trouble....that is disturbing very..

Comment

Hey Lushy..

Oooh just to add a bit of Gem's own personal weirdness to the debate... it is a good point about not trusting any imports...

My kinesiologist told me about this new information from some lecturer (she hasn't emailed me the details yet) that suggests we should all try to eat food that has been grown locally.

Quite apart from supporting the local producers, natural produce that has been grown locally is more in tune with our bodies... because it is grown in the same location that our bodies are... is subject to the same weather, same position of sun etc...

Yes, I know, I know, this is a little out there... but it kind of makes sense. It's worth a shot!!

Gem x
                  Free since 26th February 2012

Comment

Hey Lushy..

Makes perfect sense to me Gem. In fact today I am going to go to a farmer's market to load up on some veggies!!!

Comment

Hey Lushy..

It all makes perfect sense to me too!

Now what do we do with the generation Y that my sons are in who have no land lines, just cell phones? They don't stay on that long but they are guys.

I decided to make some vichyssoise so hubby ran to local vegetable market last night and beyond his list brought home a cucumber in a condom . . .uh oh!! I mentioned our carbon foot print this morning. He said, well, I will think about that. He thinks as a couple we are quite careful and frugal on the energy front, I said, we could be more conscious though! Every little bit helps.

Great Topic!

Comment

Hey Lushy..

No more cukes in a condom. Tawny said so. Honestly, why do they need to wrap it in plastic? The regular cukes are not. So much waste in this world. Like those Lunchables they try to market for kids lunches? Don't get me started.....not only it is the most unhealthy food you can be feeding your kids but the packaging that is ending up in our landfills. It is all so unneccesary but all the big companies care about is a profit.....

Comment

Working...
                        X