Campral and Neurontin (gabapentin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am taking 666mg of campral and 300mg of gabapentin three times a day; along with a 300mg welbutrin xl; and I am having a pretty easy time being AF. I saw my Dr. last night and he told me he had had much more success with campral when he prescribes gabapentin with it. Has anyone else heard of this combination?

Just curious
    Bear
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

I was just given neurontin for my feet injuries...

I read the side effects -- do you experience any? I am officially AF for 30 days since it is after midnight! I am on Lexapro but still transitioning from Effexor ... I tried campral but I can't seem to do anything three times a day but I AM AF and my feet have me so preoccupied that I have not craved alcohol... I would like to talk more... feel free to send a private message ... La Liz...

Comment

(((Bear)))

I'm on Campral and Lexapro-Didn't do well on wellputrin and never was on gabapentin, nor heard of it.....is it an anti-d too? I don't know if my heightened mood is being AF 3 days or whateve. Probably getting off all that booze ain't hurting my mood

Comment

Hi Bear,

You were the first person I have heard doing the Campral, Gabapentin thing. I mentioned in my pm to you that my dr. would be open to it if I needed it.

I was wondering if you have had any weight gain with the meds? I exercise 4-5 times a week, cardio, pilates, yoga, etc. and have not lost 1 pound. Actually I have gained 2. This is frustrating because I have not changed my eating habits--healthy eater to begin with and probably eating a little less than ususal. I figured I would have lost weight by now (14 days AF) since I am not consuming the 600-800 calories in wine daily. I read one of the side effects of Campral is weight gain and if this continues, I am going to see if my dr. will change my meds.

I am having a particularly tough day today for some reason. I would love to have a glass a wine and the campral does not seem to be kicking in. I did take some l-glut. I almost feel as if it the cravings are about the same as they were during the week I had to go AF prior to starting the campral.

Who knows? I am going to stick it out until the 31st until I see the dr. again and see what he has to say.

Have a great weekend.

Kari
        mombytheocean

Comment

campral-neurontin combo

Wow, this is worth a try. I'm drinking 3-5 oz a day (controlled drinking, I'm for sure an alcoholic ). I am presently taking 1200 mg neurontin a day except 900 mg is at night. I also have some campral on hand and i'm going to try spacing these drugs out over the day. Miracles can happen, thanks for the tip regarding your success. pS I just started taking viibryd a month ago for depression which is helping. Maybe I'll hit the trifecta, maybe not. At this point I'll try anything. Willard:new::thanks:

Comment

campral-neurontin combo

Wow, this is worth a try. I'm drinking 3-5 oz a day (controlled drinking, I'm for sure an alcoholic ). I am prersently taking 1200 mg neurontin a day except 900 mg is at night. I also have some campral on hand and i'm going to try spacing these drugs out over the day. Miracles can happen, thanks for the tip regarding your success. pS I just started taking viibryd a month ago for depression which is helping. Maybe I'll hit the trifecta, maybe not. At this point I'll try anything. Willard:new::thanks:

Comment

The messages you replied to were over 5 years old. It would be interesting to know if any of those people were still AF after all this time. I would suggest you try Baclofen instead of Campral.
              "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

Wow this was from 2007. Anyone know if MDBiker is around?
                When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

JDizzle;1604271 wrote: Wow this was from 2007. Anyone know if MDBiker is around?
                  I believe he passed away a few years ago. He was AF and in a road accident.

Vale MD biker.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Ahhh man. Sorry to hear that. Thanks for the update.
                    When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

Working...
                    X