Anyone on Prozac with the topomax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading about antidepressants and topamax, but can't seem to find anyone on prozac. doc said it should be ok, yet my first go at the topamax fell short of 50mgs with dizziness and nauseousness. Could be my fault due to lack of fuel, supps, hydration, who knows. Just curious to see if anyone else is on both. 20mg of prozac. If at first I don;t succeed, try, try, try, try, -------(want to be normal)

hi keke, 12 mths ago i finally told my gp i had a serious drink prob,she put me on prozac for depression and chloradiapoxide for the cravings and temazapam for sleeping!!!
    i managed af for 3 weeks then the odd one would start creeping in and before long i was back on the booze and taking all the meds.
    within 3 mths i was going crazy and took an overdose of the lot with 3 bottles of vino!
    luckily i was ok,but i stopped the prozac and have felt much better without it.
    it does work differently for everyone so give it at least a month and dont be scared of my story just look out for any warnin signs, i just wanted you to be aware.
    take care and pm me if you want any help i am an ex nurse!!!
    lv lakota xxxx

Comment

I'm still waiting

for my Topamax to arrive. Prozac has been effective for me, with short breaks, over the past 12 years. It is not helping me right now; I have started to drink again waiting for my shipment. Feel like poop.

Comment

keke,
        I'm on Prozac, 60 mg daily, have been taking the generic Topamax since last August. Got up to 200, stayed there for a few months, then went down to 150, and have been on that for about a month now. No problems. No urges to drink. Have a glass of wine maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks. Don't get the buzz anymore so really no use in drinking!!
        This is down from drinking the BIG bottle of wine every day.
        Hope this helps.

Comment

I take topa and 20 mg of prozac too. everything so fine.
          Gabby :flower:

Comment

lokota,smokey,monkey, gabby - Thanks

Thank all of you for the reply. I seem to be tolerateng the Topo a little bit better this time around. I've not had more than two drinks on one occasion in the past two weeks. Yeh! It does take a little work. Funny how I think it was Monkey who said he doesn't get the buzz anymore. I vary from day to day (i'm sure it's hormonal). I'm back on the sight today because I noticed the little denial game starting to creep back in. Got to stay strong. Question? Is it imperative that we titrate up? I'll try to find my answers on the boards,but again thanks for your replies and Lokota no you did not scare me. Cheers

Comment

to MonkeyWrassler - Hang in there!!!!

Hey I was caught up in myself and didn't really notice that you seemed to be in a bad way when you posted. I hope you got your topomax. So far I like the combo of the topomax and the prozac a lot better than the alcohol/depression cycle, so I think yo should give it a chance. Good Luck, KeKe

ps When I went to have a glass of wine this afternoon (feeling sorry for myself) I used a quote from another member here on myo " It's not an option " It worked today!!!!!!

Comment

Gabby, you have been AF for 11 months, so why do you still need Topa?
                How long do you think you will take it, if you don't mind me asking?
                Meow-Meow
                MonaKitty

Comment

Working...
                X