WEIGHT Gain w/these Meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WEIGHT Gain w/these Meds

I have posted a couple of places on the site concerning weight gain. I was taking Topomax and Cymbalta at the same time; I was curious if anybody else experienced above average weight gain with any of the meds? I quit taking them because my pants don't fit any more. :upset:

Aiming for AF life~!

WEIGHT Gain w/these Meds

Hi

Just read another one of your posts on another message board.
    Are you taking these drugs with the supervision of your doctor?

You are supposed to lose weight on them not gain weight. I read what
    someone else wrote to you about getting your liver function tested and wonder
    if your liver function is ok enough to be taking the meds.

hope you get checked ASAP!!

Comment

WEIGHT Gain w/these Meds

Isn't Cymbalta an anti-depressant? I gained 30 pounds doing not one thing differently from going on antidepressants. Thankfully the weight came off but I will never go on them again.......
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

WEIGHT Gain w/these Meds

I will check the liver. . . I did several months ago and only had a cholesterol issue and now taking one of those statin drugs. Gheeessss, why does life have to be fixed, cured or treated with pills and more pills. Can we blame this on alcohol? Well, I have decided that I wanted to give Mom a Mother's day present of being AF for the day. If I can do one - maybe I can do more. . . report to follow.

Comment

WEIGHT Gain w/these Meds

My second time around with Topa I did not lose any weight & gained some weight (6+ lbs) because when I quit drinking I replaced it wth food. See, when I drank I ate aweful or barely none at all. So now that alcohol is out of the equation I enjoy my meals (my treats). But now that I've got some sobriety under my belt I'm going to start eating better & incorporate a healthier diet.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

WEIGHT Gain w/these Meds

Hi there, I am pretty sure the main reason for your weight gain is cymbalta: like all the other anti-deps except for wellbutrin- my psychiatrist told me - it does make gain weight........I was on Prozac for more than 6 months and gained 15 lbs.......and haven't dropped it yet!:upset:

Comment

Working...
            X