Here's a curly one ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a curly one ....

The last time I was really, really angry - (about 5 months ago) - I cast 'moderation' to the wind and got totally and utterly legless. For 2 days.

Today, again, I am really, really angry.

So ..... How do you deal with anger without getting wasted?

How do 'normal' people handle anger? How do 'normal' people go numb?

Of academic interest only.

(It's ok - I still haven't caved in but geez .... I'm bloody close.)

Here's a curly one ....

I used to go for a run until I hurt my back.

Or shout and scream and hit the pillow hard.

My daughter hits walls with her fist but I wouldn't recommend that-it hurts.

Perhaps walk fast around some ot the lovely areas you have shown on the gallery and wait for the calming effect?

Or kick someone on here!

Love Waves
    Enough is enough

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

PS Don't do " normal"
      Enough is enough

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

Froglet....'normal' people quite often do anger by covering it up and letting it eat at their souls from the inside out.....
        If you're angry at someone...I say let them know.....hopefully without resorting to violence....if it's a situation that you can do nothing about, then pick your activity of choice, and go at it until you fall over exhausted...
        this is how I try and do it anyway....get the tao i ching and have a gander through some of the passages..very soothing ......

but yes......as waves says.....DON'T do normal.....why would you want to be?????

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

I say exercise for sure and then buy yourself flowers that smell really good -

And watch something on tv that will make you laugh- for me it is America's Funniest Videos.

Life is too short to be angry for long.

xo

I probably should not have replied because I am not a long term abster. Just want the frog to be happy again.

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

I Cry, then plot my revenge. Which I never act upon. But it sure makes me feel better. Kindda, have a Soprano's moment in my mind. Then talk to you good people about it.
            Smiles
            Mar

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

I'd like to know the 'right' way too.
              I tend to save things up.
              I'm really slow to take umbrage and rarely address things as they occur, then all of a sudden, I'm drunk and making an arse of myself in the least appropriate way.

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

Tawny, I really think that 'normal' people get drunk, but don't realise that they have a problem.

We are actually the 'lucky ones' because we want to deal with problems without alcohol ....

Hope that that makes sense xxx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

OK.....I have to say something here....
                  I just had a "Hissie" fit myself!
                  It has been a rough day down here on the farm after a wonderful mom's day with my kids.

Hubby has been in a baddddddd, grumpyyyyy mood all day and has slap worn me out .

He crossed the line as I sat down on the deck with him and he was having some cans of beer....

He said hateful things and I left the deck, told my "Father" on him all the way into the house and got in the shower and wept.

Works everytime for me.... The telling my Daddy....

I did threaten to leave him and Belle to fend for themselves....there IS a limit...

I hope things are better Tawn....Life just sucks sometimes, doesn't it?

I love you.
                  Nancy
                  "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

((Nancy))

Hang in there. It must be so frustrating for you right now. I don't have much to say except hold your head up high, ignore (if you can) your husband and I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you. :l

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

Thank you AFM...
                      You're right, things are better today....
                      I love you all.
                      Nancy

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

Well....this reminded me of how my Dad dealt with anger. He doesn't drink. OK. He screamed and ranted at my mother. He tore down towel bars and threw them across the room. He disabled my car one time so I couldn't leave home even though I was an adult. As a child, I closed my bedroom door while this was going on and prayed to God for it to end.

Maggie

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

If it has to do with my husband, I l ike screaming at the top of my lungs, swearing like a salior and jumping up & down pretending to kick him...really

If it is more remote .... darn... I think exercise is the healthiest...sometimes I crawl under the covers & pretend the world does not exist & breathe & try to cry & pray for the anger to stop ..and they eventually do...

..and sometimes I just get drunk...but I guess not in a long time

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

Chrysa dear,

Please chill out. You are spastic with that broom and are exhausting me.

Thank you in advance.

xoxoox

Comment

Here's a curly one ....

There she goes AGAIN!
                              She IS going to be blind! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                              X