What can you say/do here, that you wouldn't elsewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted text because this was stupid. Mod, please delete.
    where does this go?

Morrison!
    What the heck? It could not have been that stupid!
    Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Yeah, I wish I didn't delete it now. Thought nobody was responding cause it was dumb.
      where does this go?

Comment

Thanks happy. I'll try to put it back. The thread was about things you may talk about here but wouldn't be seen doing in your normal day to day life. I wrote how I sometimes get teary eyed when I'm listening to music. I can be in my usual selfish state, and change the radio channel to get away from the all to known noise we usually are subjected too. Then, I find some music that is beyond brilliant, and it just humbles me, moves me, and heals me at the same time. I was driving earlier and I was heard something that made a tear role down my cheek. I love music. I am not a musician, but I love music. I love great works of art and engineering. I just need to be reminded of the greatness that is so close to us everyday. Sorry, went off on a rant. My earlier post was about how you can let things out here. If you knew me, you know you would never see me cry. But, hey, I"m human. Dont' tell anybodyl.
        where does this go?

Comment

Well here's one thing I can't say elsewhere!!

I'm A DRUNK!
          Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

I am the same way about music Morrison. Completely feeds my soul.

I definitely bare a lot more of myself here than I do with most people in my real life. Not sure why, I suppose it is because underneath a lot of what is going on in my head is a result of years of drinking too much and I feel like people here get that.

And if you want to feel better about your crying Morrison check out Paddy's thread in Guy's Group about what movies make you men cry. He was the only man to answer. I called him a cry baby. I wonder if he is off crying right now at my comment??? I promise to not tell any of your friends you cry at songs!!
            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

haha Lushy. Trust me. If you told my friends you saw me cry they would laugh. Naw, not that guy!! Haha. I'll have to check out the guys thread. I'm older now, but I remember when I was younger the move "Champ" was a tear jerker. Not the older one, but the one with Ricky Shroeder. I saw it not too long ago and it did nothing, because I'm cynical and jaded, but I remember crying when I was young. :upset:
              where does this go?

Comment

Oh I loved that movie Morrison.

LOL Happy.........
                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

You know what your are? You know what you are? A pain in the ass!! Right? A pain in the ass? haha. Tell me you didn't get a little misty eyes at that.
                  where does this go?

Comment

Things I can talk about here that I can't talk about anywhere else...well that would sum up about most of my FEELINGS. Everyday I walk around being the "rock". Everyone at home looks to me to be stable and be the one that they can rely on and gage their own emotions on how I am doing. Here I can come and be honest with how I am feeling. When I am scared, when I am worried and I get the support I need to go on and I think that helps me and in turn helps my family.
                    Morrison, this is a great thread, thanks.
                    "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Beaches;135070 wrote: Things I can talk about here that I can't talk about anywhere else...well that would sum up about most of my FEELINGS. Everyday I walk around being the "rock". Everyone at home looks to me to be stable and be the one that they can rely on and gage their own emotions on how I am doing. Here I can come and be honest with how I am feeling. When I am scared, when I am worried and I get the support I need to go on and I think that helps me and in turn helps my family.
                      Morrison, this is a great thread, thanks.
                      Yep Beaches. Most of us are the lot that gets it done. We live in some silent pain. I feel narcissistic at times. I don't want it to be all about me. Fuck though. I'm a control freak. Gotta work on that too. Uggg.
                      where does this go?

Comment

Hey Morrison....

Totally with you on the music thing. I know some guys who feel the same way, they just wont admit it! Its okay... music is supposed to move you. Its a good sign you are normal.

I think once you can share your struggle with the alcohol issue, it opens the door to talk about most anything. It's hard to be "real" sometimes.

Glad you brought up the topic!
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

I have some lovely friends who I talk to about anything and everything - except my drinking. It's the shame factor I guess. So its such as relief to be able to talk about that here in an honest and open way, which in turn is gradually helping me be honest with myself. I'm convinced that my dependence is entirely psychological. Therefore being able to talk, read and learn from others is going to be crucial to my recovery No its not a stupid thread at all!!

Comment

Yup. Another rock here, reporting for duty.

In my world, I'm probably seen as the woman who has it all together. The strong one. Oh yes, I'm good at pulling off those little conjuring acts of living. :H Hey, it's all done with smoke and mirrors! Don't they realise that?

But, at the end of the day, when I've tucked up my metaphoric responsibilities for the night, I realise that I'm just pushing shit uphill.

I wouldn't say that elsewhere.

Comment

tawnyfrog;135081 wrote: Yup. Another rock here, reporting for duty.

In my world, I'm probably seen as the woman who has it all together. The strong one. Oh yes, I'm good at pulling off those little conjuring acts of living. :H Hey, it's all done with smoke and mirrors! Don't they realise that?

But, at the end of the day, when I've tucked up my metaphoric responsibilities for the night, I realise that I'm just pushing shit uphill.

I wouldn't say that elsewhere.
                              when I've tucked up my metaphoric responsibilities for the night, I realise that I'm just pushing shit uphill.

Damn. that is some good stuff.
                              where does this go?

Comment

Working...
                              X