Swelling under right ribcage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, to make a long story short...for years now I've had this swelling under my right ribcage that has been mostly pronounced when I'm binge drinking. I've been AF for more than two months now and it's gotten better but periodically comes and goes even still...damn! whish it would go away. Been to doctors and they have no idea and say not to worry.
    After a big meal when I push on the area with my hand it makes a "squish" noise...what the heck?

Anybody have any insight on this?
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

If you have been to a doctor then I am sure everything is fine, but that is darn annoying. Have they specifically checked for a fatty liver? Most of the time docs do the most basic blood work and testing they can, and we need to ask for what we want. If it really bothers you I would ask about that.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

thanks Lushy, I think I'll push the point a bit more at my next checkup on the 21st. Yes it is annoying so we'll see....
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hey D,
        That is the location of your liver- have you gotten your actual liver enzymes checked? Make sure you ask specifically when you have blood work done. Get a full checkup. I am sure you'll be fine but it does make sense that it is more tender or hurts more after bingeing. Drink a ton of water with that garlic hon.

Also, try to get this moved to general so more people see..a lot of people have had this problem.
        Sunny days, sweeping the, clouds away. On my way, to where the air is sweeeet!!! Can you tell me how to get, how to get to......LOL

Comment

Its funny that you brought this up Determinator, I have the same feeling in the same place and it has been months since my last drink. All my test came back ok ( very little liver damage :wow

I think my innards are rejecting the good things it recieving now. My docter also said not to worry.

Julie
          AF Since December 2006

Comment

very interesting...a lot of people have this swelling and sometimes dull pain, yet doctors are poopooing it. ???? I KNOW something is wrong dang it!
            yes, HappyC I got the full bloodwork more than once and it's coming back fine. I'll put a thread directing people here from general I guess. Don't know how to move the thread per se. Thanks all. The fact-finding goes on!
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

D...if the blood work shows everything is fine, then it probably is, but if you are concerned...make an appointment to discuss just that issue...nothing else. Run the labs again and get a scan...that should help put your mind at ease.

Comment

The only time I had a weird "pain" in my liver was when my daughter decided to use it as her pillow for 3 months. You're not pregnant are you?

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Kidding aside....get the bloodwork done to rule out things. Then if it still bothers you - I would get an ultrasound done of that region. Doctors have so many patients that sometimes you have to be your own doctor and push certain procedures to be done (in a nice way of course). For your own peace of mind.
                :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hello D,
                  I have that same dull pain under my right rib, my last blood work looked fine, I did the ultra sound about three years ago and they found nothing wrong, but I would still go in and have it done if I were you.

Our poor liver is probably letting us know it is way over worked, so lots of water, and liver friendly herbs like milk thistle, dandelion root, and I have heard good things about lecithin.

kitkat
                  AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
                  Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

D, are you sure that lovely wife of yours hasn't been sucker-punching you in the middle of the night? After all, she is the Determinatrix!!

Just kidding my friend - hope that it is nothing....
                    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

that's it! the midnight gut punch! and I thought it was indigestion.
                      good stuff guys, I'm doing the milk thistle and lecithin-choline and should be taking dandelion but forgot...thanks KKat. The "squish" noise it makes when I press there just creeps me out...??? seeing the doc on Monday.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

D~you can actually hear it-or "internally" hear it? wow....
                        Glad you're not putting it off any longer b/c I remember you mentioned this awhile ago. Good luck~I'm sure it's just a huge accumilation of garlic, that's all.
                        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Just a thought....have you had your gall bladder checked out?
                          Suddenly I see
                          This is what I want to be
                          suddenly I see
                          Why the hell it means so much to me.

-KT Tunstall

Comment

Maybe it's an ulcer

Comment

D - I, too, recall you mentioning this quite a while ago as well. Glad you are going to the Doc soon. It may be nothing but having it checked will give you some peace of mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X