Self Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Image

"Our self image and our habits tend to go together.
    Change one and you will automatically change the other."

Dr. Maxwell Maltz
    1899-1975, Author
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Self Image

D, great post. Such a simple message but it carries so much truth in it.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Self Image

Yep..... I believe this is so true. I am learning through counseling that every battle starts in the mind before it manifests itself externally by our actions. Change your mind, and your actions will begin to follow suit. But learning to change your mind and the way you think can be quite a challenge! We first have to recognize all the lies we have believed for so long and replace them with the truth. I didnt even realize some of the lies I have been buying into without some help so that i could see them.

A-
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Self Image

This is SO true...the better I feel the better I am looking, the better I am looking, the better I feel....I feel good, I look good...goes hand in hand

Comment

Self Image

Determinator, that is so true. I found rather suddenly that I had to change my habits because of a life growing inside me. This is no longer about me, but about someone else. My self-image has greatly improved since I stopped drinking. I find that I value myself more than I ever have done. Its incredible really. Thankyou for posting that for us. Bella xxx

Comment

Self Image

Yep. Since I have split with my husband (nasty controlling violent horror of a person) I have said every morning to myself

"I am bloody marvellous"

I do believe it is coming true!

Kate (*crash!, falls off own pedestal*)

Comment

Self Image

It is amazing how much smarter I am, of course I lived in an alcoholic haze before so maybe it isn't amazing. Maybe I am better looking! Naw, that's impossible. He He! I know, my sense of humor is better. Yep, that's it. Since I am sober, everything is much funnier. But then again, maybe itis the drugs.=0)

Bear
              What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
              ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Working...
              X