Simply JOY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply JOY

Being Mother's Day our priest's sermon was not about mommies but about finding peace. Which I suppose most mommies want sometimes. I was already quite at peace today watching my children with love, glad I have chosen to be AF.

But what perked my ears today was our priest pointing out that we all try & seek peace. Many people will turn to alcohol & drugs to find temporary peace (escapism) but will eventualy need to come back to reality & face it. What I realized was that my drinking caused more turmoil & then I'd drink more to escape from the troubles I caused. Back & forth, back & forth.

"It's so simple to find inner peace. Easy as the word JOY". J is for Jesus, put him first. O is for others, put them next. Y is for yourself, put yourself last. Then you will find inner peace. And I thought: all love given is returned. How simple.

May there be JOY in all our hearts.
    :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Simply JOY

I agree Breez.
    I too had a wonderful mom's day with my "kids".
    The oldest flew in from Ohio and surprized me...he had a blue bow on his head as he arrived at my door!
    My middle child showed up Friday afternoon with her two sons and spent the night and next day here.
    And of course my "baby" boy and his precious little wife were here too.
    It just doesn't get much better....Peace and Presence!
    My mom's day gifts!
    Priceless.

Love you....thanks for sharing today!
    Nancy
    Ps....when I turn on my cell phone, the word Rejoice comes up first!
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Simply JOY

Hi Breeze I too was at mass and had a "peace " sermon. What struck me was that the search for peace that is within us all. For some Peace is economic...financial security, maybe peace is seen as a state of personal happiness(ggod health, job , relationships etc)??But the priest went on to say .............The peace that Christ came to give us is much deeper than any off these..Its about being at peace with God.

The sermon went on that that sort of peace Transcends all other types of peace the world can give us.

"Peace is better than a fortune,,,(St Francis of Assisi)

Heres hoping we all get peace in our lives .."

Have a good Day...Regards Cassy

Comment

Simply JOY

"Peace" is a person........Jesus
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Simply JOY

A PS to southernbelle47: And our peace comes from knowing Him.....

I too had a great Mother's Day. My granddaughter and grandson planned to take their Mom (my daughter) and me out to a nice dinner. They decided on a resturante that a friend had recomended to them. Our granddaughter called and made reservations for our family of eight. We all arrived at the place and were seated in a small private dinning room and the waiter came in to describe the specials for the day which were the chef's choice. We should have had a clue that this place was out of our league ( not to mention too much for the grandkids pocket books) when the waiter wore a tux and tie with a white nappy on his arm, but we were convinced for certain when he quoted the prices of the specials. No entree under $59.95 and all the way up to $89.95 with the addition of $17.00 for side of salad and veg. We decided against the specials and looked for something more affordable from the menu. Not to be found. I suggested we excuse ourselves and go somewhere else, but this was going to embarrass those who were treating us so this was out of the question. After much consideration, we decided to order only appitizers and salads with the house water to drink. We bowed our heads and gave thanks for them. The parents and grandparents still had to help with the bill. In spite of it all, we had a great time. We left the place laughing at ourselves and the events of the evening. It will be a Mother's Day we'll not soon forget. :H :H :H
          :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Comment

Working...
          X