Splitting up the topamax dose over the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone understand why in RJ's book the topamax dose is split into two parts over the day? I couldn't find a reference.
    Reach deep, find your will power.

I know from my own experience that it's easier on my brain and system to stage the dose over the day that to put the whole amount in my body at once -- feels a LOT better.
    Mimi:armsaround:

Comment

Thanks, mimi

Comment

I was told by my Dr. & if I recall it was in the book (I have to look it up) that you should break the dosage up between a.m. & p.m. Can't remember why for the life of me but do recall seeing & reading it.
        :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

I looked & there's a reference on pg. 95 that at 50mg or higher that it be taken 2x a day rather than the full day's dosage at once & schedule in Ch5. pg. 119. I may have seen the reason why here at the MWO Home page under research or somewhere else....can't remember.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Thanks, Breez. I'll look further.

Comment

I thought that said "spitting up" the topamax dose. I was gonna say try drinking more water. (watta dork)
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Has to do with "easing" it into the system...don't want to go too fast with this drug...so you go very slowly...a little at a time....Initially, you take a small dose in the afternoon, increasing the dose...eventually you take a little in the morning and the afternoon, increasing until you reach the desired dosage as per the DR's instructions. This is a real basic/down and dirty description.
                :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

Working...
                X