Lizzard (Part Deux)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lizzard (Part Deux)

I recall a thread a few weeks ago about a renegade lizard in Lucky's house. I believe said lizard escaped.

My story today....

I was cleaning out a few things in the garage, and had a box with some new brake parts, and some expensive synthetic differential lube for a couple of my cars. I was going to get around to replacing those parts this summer, and wanted to get them out and in my line of sight. Didn't want to forget to do these things next weekend.

Reaching into the box, a 6 or 7 inch long lizard scurried around, and scared me a bit because at first I thought "SNAKE!!". But saw the legs, and tail and all was OK. The lizard was terrified, and was hiding under a little bag of brake springs. I picked up the box, and saw the little lizard was breathing hard, and not moving a muscle. Lizard may have thought the last days were upon him (or her).

I gently carried the box out to the forest, a short walk from the garage, and lifted the bag of brake springs off lizard. Lizard closed his or her eyes, and prepared for the end, thinking I was going to destroy him/her.

Not so! I tilted the box under a small pine, near a damp shady place. Lizard moved at the speed of light getting away to freedom.

Lizard lives to see another day, with many bugs in the forest to feast upon. Many trees to climb. Many places to hide.

All is well with lizard.

Neil

Lizzard (Part Deux)

Do you consider yourself a lizard whisperer?
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

No claims to lizard whispering...

Just sort of a "Rest of the Story" thing, like Paul Harvey used to do..

Perhaps it was the same lizard that invaded Lucky's abode.

Lizard moves at the speed of light from house to house, knowing where all MWO members live.....

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

That was to boring of a lizard story. Could you start over and spunk it up a bit?
        Gabby :flower:

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

Well I Liked it Neil !
          reptile rescue and recovery

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

Glad another lizard is happy tonite!

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

"Lizard Whisperer", perhaps you and Lucky should start a new business?

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

Neil, I know how you love animals, the fact that you traeated that lizard with so much kindness and caring by releasing it back into the forrest, shows just that. I know I probably would have thown the box ran screaming into the house swearing to never go into the garage again! I recently had to change drycleans because the new owner's have a large lizzard/ dragon that gets to roam the place freely.My heart coulnd't take it. My friend you are a good person to look at that lizzard and to care how it would feel.
                Smiles
                Mar

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

Ahhh Neil, what a sweety you are ......

Hope that my house isn't his next stop .......
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

You're all heart.... What a great story !! I'm sure that you've heard the saying, " what comes around goes around" Well when it comes around to you... think of that lil' critter you saved and know you deserve all the great things that come your way !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

I can't share my lizard stories......it would make Neil cry....
                      Let's just say there are plenty here so don't send any more my way!
                      All colors.....blue, green, brown, striped and of course the ones that "show off" with that big red bubble on their neck!

LOL
                      Nancy
                      "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

Neil I know you are a sweetie. I didn't mean to sound like you weren't. (geeze guys....now I feel like a heel, guess I need to stick my keyboard in my mouth) Its just that luckys story had so much extra stuff. But then again.....when is extra not attached with lucky?

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

I'm sorry Neil.

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

Hey Gabbs...
                            Maybe you've been watching too much violence on tv....LOL

Stay with Hallmark Theater and the Family Channel for a while and you'll get your perspective back and like nice stories again!

:l Nancy
                            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Lizzard (Part Deux)

Ok Nanc.....I'll go to reform school.

Comment

Working...
                              X