Fun Mother's Day Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun Mother's Day Stories

I shared my story on another thread and thought it would be good to hear others. If you have one, tell us about it. :l

I too, had a great Mother's Day. My granddaughter and grandson planned to take their Mom (my daughter) and me out to a nice dinner. They decided on a resturante that a friend had recomended to them. Our granddaughter called and made reservations for our family of eight. We all arrived at the place and were seated in a small private dinning room and the waiter came in to describe the specials for the day which were the chef's choice. We should have had a clue that this place was out of our league ( not to mention too much for the grandkids pocket books) when the waiter wore a tux and tie with a white nappy on his arm, but we were convinced for certain when he quoted the prices of the specials. No entree under $59.95 and all the way up to $89.95 with the addition of $17.00 for side of salad and veg. We decided against the specials and looked for something more affordable from the menu. Not to be found. I suggested we excuse ourselves and go somewhere else, but this was going to embarrass those who were treating us so this was out of the question. After much consideration, we decided to order only appitizers and salads with the house water to drink. We bowed our heads and gave thanks for them. The parents and grandparents still had to help with the bill. In spite of it all, we had a great time. We left the place laughing at ourselves and the events of the evening. It will be a Mother's Day we'll not soon forget. :H :H :H
    :heart: Eliziby :heart:

Fun Mother's Day Stories

Ouch, that is pricey!!!! Glad you had a fun time!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Fun Mother's Day Stories

Great Story,,, Isn't it amazing what memories are made of... At first they can almost be painfully stamped on your heart or pride or in your memory,, but give it some time to manifest itself and it turns out to be a memory to never forget for everyone... Good Stuff !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Working...
      X