Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanity

I hate to say it...

I have read spiritual posts and funny posts and horrible drinking experiences posts.

But the messages in a few threads have stayed with me.

I believe it was simeybear who mentioned the benefits to your skin of abstinence and that her plastic surgeon asked her if she was two-timing because her skin looked so good. Then there was that weight loss thread, AAthlete has lost a lot.

Today, on day 7, feeling irritable and weepy, I went and bought some non-alcoholic wine with my supplements, and the clerk at the health shop carded me (I live in the US, age of purchase is 21), saying my skin looked so good! I am almost 40...

Let's hear it for vanity as a motivator!

Vanity

If that doesn't make your day what would,,, Enjoy this wonderful feeling and watch it get better and better... Good Stuff !

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Vanity

Nancy... I'll have some of what you're having! I like the sound of that!

Good on you Nancy. I just read about your day 6 yesterday. Brilliant!

Scoob
      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Vanity

Yes, the same thing happened to me the other week.. My daughter came round to see me and I was sitting near the window, she looked at me and said " Have you had something done to your face ", I asked her what she meant and she replied, " You haven't got any lines and those two frown lines between your eyes have gone ".. Well I hadn't noticed as I never look at my face properly but when I checked in the mirror I realised she was right.. Also my skin is so soft now and all the red blotches have almost gone, another good reason to stay off the drink...
        A F F L..
        Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Vanity

with you on this one: I turned 40 yesterday and as I have dropped 25 lbs on MWO and my skin looks amazing I look 10 yrs less no problem.

who needs botox!

K x

Comment

Vanity

Happy Belated Birthday Ripley!

You look "maa-volous"!
            :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Vanity

Congratulations to all of you! I am a newbie to the MWO program and I am so hoping it works for me. Ripley, how long have you been on the MWO? Are you taking Topa?
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

Vanity

Well, I'm not missing lovely stained purple lips! I notice my tongue is much pinker these days! (in Chinese medicine, that's a good thing!) I, too, am waiting to look more youthful from my abstinence. I DO think my fine lines are fewer, but hard to tell! Maybe I'll do a mask today to speed the process!
                "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

Vanity

It does work! he did say I looked younger, my Mom who is 73 and has never touched a drop looks at least 10 years younger than her age. Congrats on being carded Nancy, I would have to have that moment reenacted and filmed so I could show everyone! Lets all celebrate the youthful benefits!!
                  Smiles
                  Mar

Comment

Vanity

Hi momof3 - yes being doing the whole programme since Feb. 150mg topa daily. works a treat, although I have had the occasional lapse... I moderate, don't abstain completely. BIG BIG porgress for me! Good luck - I'm a mum of 3 too!

K x

Comment

Vanity

Hi Ripley, Thanks for your response. I started with the supplements yesterday and I am waiting for the Topa. Going to start the CDs today. I have started cutting back on the alcohol (was drinking 2 bottles--yikes; now down to one). I am having lots of anxiety, irritability, sadness--it's difficult for me to focus on anything. I'm wondering if I should wait til the Topa comes (but that could be another week or two). I'm trying to hold it together with work, kids, etc.
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!

Comment

Vanity

I swear to you all I can't tell any differnece in my skin; :anon: however the fuzz has come off of my brain. :H

Momof3, for what it is worth, I think getting started as soon as possible is a good thing as long as you don't beat yourself up when you have slips. :hitme: You will do better when the topa gets to a reasonable level. Waiting on the topa always sucks. :damn:

Bear
                        What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                        ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Vanity

Thanks Bear,

I'm going to do what you suggested...and, I'll try really hard not to beat myself up.
                          AF Since April 20, 2008
                          4 Years!!!

Comment

Vanity

my carpet looks a lot better since I stopped barfing on it while running to the toilet.
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Vanity

D, you are a scream,

Momof3: you could be me. I was a 2 bottle a day gal. This is how it worked for me:

willpower alone = crap

supps + MWO boards + willpower = slightly less crap

supps plus+ MWO + hypno CDs = kind of getting it under control

supps + MWO + hypno + topa (once I'd hit 150mg) = LOTTERY JACKPOT

Have had a few wobbly moments but really, doin' the whole car wash is what worked for me. the topa is dynamite. (also I took adrafinil from nubrain.com to stop my brain from seizing up. no side effects. and no doctors either)

good luck girl.

K x

Comment

Working...
                              X