Moderate drinking and breast cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Health - Information on Health and Technology ? Blog Archive ? Alcohol boosts breast cancer risk
    :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Thanks Scoob as usual for your TLC,
    Another reason for me to give up - I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004, I had a mastectomy followed by chemo and radiotherapy and will now take medication for life. Can you possibly believe that I was silly enough to drink myself through this horrific dangerous time. I would be poisoned by the chemo, then a few hours later would be sitting at home poisoning myslef with the wine. The same after my radiotherapy...... How ridiculous is that? Let's hope we can all beat this rotten poison.Thanks Scooby, BTW I love your postings. Have a great day.

Bluesky XXX
    It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

Hi Bluesky,
      It doesn't sound as daft as someone I met last year having chemo for liver cancer. His wife said how good it was that the hospital had said that he didn't have to give up drinking! Thats France for you!
      Suz
      Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Hey Bluesky

I can absolutely understand drinking while going through something like that! I don't think it's silly at all. You've been through so much! Do you have good support around you, and did you join a support group? My neighbour went through a similar ordeal, although she didn't have the chemo, but did have a mastectomy. She went through this about 9 years ago and she gets very emotional about it... I can only imagine what an incredibly scary thing to go through.

*hug*
        Scoob

Comment

Thanks Scoobs and Goingsobermum - I don't feel so bad now!

No support groups Scoobs - I just get on with it. That's how I've always plodded along..... that is until I found all you guys at MWO. Having said that I do have a wonderful husband and children but sometimes I haven't had the sympathy from my husband as he has been so upset about my problems with the alcohol and I can't blame him, I have been totally out-of-control for the past 7 years.

Cancer is a scary thing to go through, I'm still working on my reconstruction and in the meantime my mother has just had another mastectomy at the age of 84 so it lurks around doesn't it (Mum doesn't touch alcohol). Cancer runs in the family as does alcoholism, not a good match eh? But we all carry some terrible baggage with us don't we?

Got to run or I'll be looking for another job!

Thanks for the *HUG* it means a lot.

Bluesky XX
          It is easier to stay out than get out.

Mark Twain

Comment

I can understand the seriousness of the issue, but I feel this would not affect the spirit of those who choose to drink at all. This can be related in the same way as people who are into the smoking knowing very well the pitfalls and dangers of the habit. Drinking therefore can be considered something in the same league where people know that they are on risk but they never want to get out of this habit. Am not talking about those who quit but the majority of the persons are not willing to think likewise.
            the nexium helped me to heal

Comment

Scoobs - you've left a link on that website which comes straight back to your post.... can you delete it?
              It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

Flip, I'm not sure what you mean. I've double checked the link above here and it seems to be working properly. What do you mean by the website coming back to my post?

Scoobs

Comment

Working...
                X