Magnesium Citrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnesium Citrate

I am taking all of the supplements every day. I have read that the magnesium is quite a cleanser for our digestive system, and I am definitely experiencing this. I am also eating very healthy foods, and drinking lots of water.

Sometimes, in all honesty, it's quite uncomfortable (as I suppose any cleansing could be?). Has anyone else experienced this? If so, have you been able to cut back on the magnesium with any success? I've had good success with this program for eleven days now, exercise, hypnosis, diet, supplements, and everything (doctor aprroved). I'm just wondering if I can get a break from this cleansing thing.

I was a binge-drinker for a while, but I weaned myself down from hard liquor to wine, then less and less wine. I also ate less and less white bread, less and less sugar, less and less fast food. I ate more and more salads, drank more juice, more seltzer, then more regular water. I ate higher quality meats, poultry, fish, brown rice, sweet potatoes, fresh, organic fruits and vegetables, et cetera. So, this whole thing has been quite gradual, including going from power-walking twice a week to nine times a week (sometimes twice a day, real brisk) and lifting weights six times a week.

Reading these threads - as well as the book - gave me the hope to keep trying.

This is where I'm coming from.

Thanks,

Rebel
    "It takes a whole lot of medicine, Darlin', to pretend to be somebody else" - Bonnie Raitt

Magnesium Citrate

Rebel, I thought Mag Citrate was to help you be more regular, and not the dietary magnesium like Mag Oxide...? I took a lot of mag when I found out how important it is for people with alcohol probs, and continue to take it since I'm taking campral which robs us of mag.
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Magnesium Citrate

Yes, very regular indeed :H
      "It takes a whole lot of medicine, Darlin', to pretend to be somebody else" - Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Magnesium Citrate

Rebel,
        I had the same thing but I thought it was the Milk Thistle that was causing it. It went away after about 2 1/2 weeks I think. We are all different though. All the supplements had to be a shock to my system.

Melissa
        If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Magnesium Citrate

Hey, yeah - I just read that about milk thistle, too.

I guess I'll just go on Immodium AD for a few days. This program is too good to screw up!!!

Thanks for your help!!

Comment

Working...
          X