Wisdom from a Jewish man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisdom from a Jewish man

A female CNN journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, every day, for a long, long time.

So she went to check it out. She went to the Western Wall and there he was, walking slowly up to the holy site.

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, using a cane and moving very slowly, she approached him for an interview.

"Pardon me, sir, I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. What's your name?
    "Morris Feinberg," he replied.
    "Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"
    "For about 60 years."
    "60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"
    "I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims."
    "I pray for all the wars and all the hatred to stop."
    "I pray for all our children to grow up safely as responsible adults and to love their fellow man."
    "I pray that politicians tell us the truth and put the interests of the people ahead of their own interests."
    "And finally "I pray that everyone will be happy".

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a fucking wall"
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Wisdom from a Jewish man

:H:H:H:H

Comment

Wisdom from a Jewish man

good stuff Sam.
      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Wisdom from a Jewish man

Thats cute
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Wisdom from a Jewish man

More Jewish humor, although you might have to be Jewish to get it:

An elderly Jewish man weds a beautiful young woman in her 20s. She's genuinely in love with him despite their huge age difference. She's blissfully happy with every aspect of their marriage except in the bedroom, where he just can't seem to satisfy her. So they go see the rabbi that performed their wedding ceremony.

The rabbi advises them that the next time they make love, have a strapping, handsome young lad wave a blanket in their direction. So they do just that. They're making love and the elderly husband is just not satisfying his young bride. Out of frustration, the elderly husband stops, snatches the blanket out of the handsome young man's hand and instructs him to switch places. Of course the bride almost immediately has a thunderous orgasm, at which the elderly husband says, "You see, that's how you wave a blanket!"
          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Wisdom from a Jewish man

Alky
            I like it !!!
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
            X