New Here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here...

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I am not an addict myself, but I'm married to a very sweet and talented man that is. (alchohol) I read Dr. Ameisen's book several years ago, and tried to share it with my husband, he seemed open to it and talked with his doctor, but the doctor was very hesitant to prescribe that dosage to him. I was disappointed that the doc was not willing to look at this. I'm glad to find this forum, and I'm hoping that I can encourage my hubby to come on before, our marriage is over....He is a binge drinker, and when I read Dr. A's story it seemed similar o him. Aaanyway.....I hope to get some support and info
    Thanks

New Here...

Hi there rikkid. Lots of support here for you and your partner. Great strength frm you to ask for help..good on ya. Keep posting and reading. Lots to learn and im sure it will help you both to realise youre not alone..this is a place you can come to to talk..let off steam..listen and gets info. All the best to you. Bella xxxx

Comment

New Here...

Hi rikkid:

Welcome and yes---you have a very delicate issue. One thing I do know----Cuz Im single now after 24 years....is that anyone with a drinking issue is not thinking straight...because of denial and some thick brain fog. Reasoning is very difficult and ego protection is #1.

I would read everything you can about intervention as well as perhaps see a very experienced addiction councilor prior to confronting your loved one.

You will need to be very patient until he has a month or two of quality sobriety.

Its doable though...happens every day........Patience is the key!

Post here often and ask advice in the womens section if you like

Comment

New Here...

Hi there!
        I'm glad you found this forum! You could also get Baclofen for your husband via an online pharmacy overseas. It's difficult to find a dr willing to prescribe Baclofen for alcoholism in the US. I also read Dr A's book and Baclofen has given me a new life. Send me a personal message or check out the meds page. It's a drug that needs to be used with care; however I believe in this drug 100% Don't give up. There is hope!

Comment

Working...
        X