Should AL be illegal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should AL be illegal?

I wonder if anyone ever started a thread like this. It was something me and my office mate were talking about...he drinks, but we both agreed if AL was illegal, we both wouldn't miss it.

Personally, I always felt all drugs should be legal. I think we should be able to make our own choices...good and bad. We also know how prohibition turned out, and I don't understand why marijuana is illegal (I'm NOT a smoker).

But I will say this, if AL was illegal....I don't think I'd be looking for it. I think I'd be in some cases relieved. Whenever I decided to stop doing other types of substances, illegal ones, I simply threw the drug dealers numbers away and that was that.

I think people would be forced to have other type of social interactions.

I don't see this happening, which is ironic, because it's probably the most abused substance, but it is too engrossed in our social fabric..

At the expense of being a hypocrite, if there was a movement to ban AL again, while I don't think I'd join it, I probably wouldn't get in their way and if they were successful, perhaps feel slightly relieved...

just a thought..

j.

Should AL be illegal?

But prohibition really didn't work, did it?

Comment

Should AL be illegal?

Would sure make my life a whole lot easier
      The most exhausting thing in life is being insincere.

Comment

Should AL be illegal?

point

_EndOfTheLine_;1626208 wrote: Would sure make my life a whole lot easier
        That's kind of my point... we all know prohibition didn't work, but yes, I think it would make a lot of peoples lives a lot easier..

j.

Comment

Should AL be illegal?

I am cynical enough to wonder if alcohol and cigarettes remain legal BECAUSE they cause so much harm to health and social instability. Premature deaths and a society numbed is a society less likely likely to complain.

Legalising weed is too little too late IMO ( and I DONT smoke weed either)

Comment

Should AL be illegal?

kuya;1626258 wrote: I am cynical enough to wonder if alcohol and cigarettes remain legal BECAUSE they cause so much harm to health and social instability. Premature deaths and a society numbed is a society less likely likely to complain.

Legalising weed is too little too late IMO ( and I DONT smoke weed either)
            The other point is TAXES! I don't know about the States or the UK, but in Canada the federal and provincial revenue from the "sin taxes" (i.e. alchohol and tobacco) is considerable. They probably can't tax pot because of the medical use stuff. :H

Comment

Should AL be illegal?

prohibition in the US was a mistake and driven in part by religious factions imposing their will on other folks, aka the temperance movement. We are seeing this happen again, not with booze, but in other issues. I do not feel it necessary to have other people's belief system forced upon me. While I do not believe drinking or smoking is good for anyone, I'm not their keeper. I only can say what is best for me, not for others.

There is big money (large corporations) involved with booze, tobacco AND the HEALTH CARE industry, the drugs to help after abuse has wreck havoc on the receptor (our bodies) of "sin" products. The same could be said of the food industry, there is so much garbage food out there.

Can't say about the social instability, but one never knows, do one?
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Should AL be illegal?

In the US the government makes tons of money from tobacco and AL taxes. I also think they would be able to tax marijuana also, I don't see why not?

I am sure the set-up, taxes, etc., needed to start up those legal buy places in like California, etc., is substantial. I don't know for a fact, but I can't imagine why it would not be.

I agree, people should make their own decisions. I even think all drugs should be legal...if you want to waste your life shooting smack in your arm, so be it, it's your life.

j.

Comment

Working...
                X