Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pastimes anyone!!

hi there
    found tawnyfrogs "locations anyone" pretty interesting so i thought a pastime theme would be an ok idea.i wondered what you lot did with your spare time!

my pastime by the way is off road biking!!

pastimes anyone!!

What's that? Ha! ...I've been working 6 days a week, & alot of 8 to 10 hr days lately. So, I'm taking the weekend off...Yeah!!
    Caught up on a bunch of chores this AM, now I've just been enjoying the afternoon, cleaned & dusted off my poor neglected guitar & tuned it up(even ran the Hubby off ...to go fishin) so I can whail out a tune or two!
    The sun's trying to peak thru, so I might go for a bike ride along the river....
    Happy Easter weekend everybody!...Hugs, Judie

Well this was obviously written during the rainy season...:happy :lol I guess now the new change of tune would be... Kayak, kayak, Kayak, Surf the river waves!:happy

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

CAMPING!

I LOVE IT!! I could camp all summer long!! I grew up camping. All nine kids, and grandma too! What a riot. Now I take my children and we go with all the families we used to when I was younger, only now we are the adults....scary thought...:rollin We have a blast!

Donna

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Run, cycle, swim (just a newbie at that), roller blade, kayak.
        YES, it's all true. You'd think I wouldn't have time to drink! Then I drink and don't do my fun stuff. I am currently looking for either a house or townhouse. I am tired of condo living (I think). I want a pet.

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Donna, I love kids & camping! lets go! My guitar's all tuned up for the campfire...might have to "clean up" my act ...but I can do that...
          My Grandma used to play the fiddle around the campfire when I was a kid, while we danced around! Great memories...wish I had some of that on tape. She came here in a covered wagon, from Texas!

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

I USED to like camping until I moved to the Pacific North West where the ground can be a bit damp. I will be camping on May 6th but IN A VAN!

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Heck,
              It's still prime snowshoeing and snowcamping time here in Colorado, though I like to go backpacking all times of the year, I especially like winter, because there are vew other people on the trails !:rollin

Or bears, or bugs,

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Are you seriuos Judie, a covered wagon??? I will have to clean my act up too....what to do, what to do??? Still be a blast though:rollin

CB, a van works, I through my tent in garbage at a campground after two weeks of rain and went out the next year and bought a camper!! Now that's camping!!

Donna

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

My family camped all over the East Coast while I was growing up--I still have 8mm home movies of some of the trips packed away somewhere.

Now my pastimes are tamer--somewhat. I'm a licensed wildlife rehabilitator so I take in orphaned/injured wildlife with the goal of re-release. On another note, I used to travel the craft show circuit with handweaving items; still have a loom but don't get to use it much. Major yarn junkie. Definite book junkie.

Ter

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Yeah I guess, travelling in a covered wagon, cross country from Texas to Oregon... that'd be some campin! Maybe where I got some of those "gypsy genes"! Although, soon as they hit Oregon they homesteaded... unlike me! Couldn't wait to get outa here!
                    Look where it got me! Here I am in Ore! 20 yrs later, still miss those Rocky Mts tho. But I do love it here, especially after being gone...
                    Doesn't rain any less than I remembered! Come on summer already!!Happy Camping!

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Am reading How Proust Can Change Your Life by Alain De Botton.

Fabulous. Anyone else into reading?

F

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Gosh... I think I could do abstinence for sure if I could hang out with all you guys and go camping and kayaking...neither of which I have ever done in my life... but will check with my local YMCA and see if they offer classes in the pool....

I really dont have much great past times! I think that in itself is my problem! Have thought about the roller blading... think I could do that since Florida is flat, and we have miles and miles of sidewalks in my neighborhood...(my daughter said that is really cheezy for 30 plus y/o women to roller blade..)

Anyway... I dont even have a bike! I thought I was in shape b/c I run and walk for 25 minutes a day, which is sooooo boring! I'm jealous!

Its already hot as heck here.... and I love to read.... my daughter thinks that's cheezy too. Been through two novels since Monday! I think I'm an official beach bum.

Final confession... I crochet. Yikes.

Allie

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Hey Ter, have you ever heard of "The Rocky Mt Ark"? It's pretty small. But a friend of mine outside of Telluride, Colorado has it (I used to help her out a bit w/ the critters).
                          She has a couple of full grown cougars, river otters emu's, Bald eagle, Great horned owl, ...big happy family up on the mesa... a lot of the critters are life time residents, because of permanent injuries & cannot be released. Quite the happy family.
                          What a wonderful thing for you to do with your time & compassionate nature!

PS I thought you were a "gypsy healer"! You Wild Woman!...Hugs, Judie

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Hey Allie,

Don't listen to your daughter! It's her job to think that you are an old fud and be disdainful of your interests! Lots of women roller blade and bike; do what you like and enjoy! Florida IS awfully hot, though!

I can crochet, sew, knit, and quilt and am capable in a lot of hand-work kinds of stuff. My daughter's color guard friends (both male and female) and instructors gave me lots of love and hugs for the flags I sewed for them this spring. My sister is big into counted cross stitch. I like needlepoint. So there is lots to do! Enjoy!

Love, Kathy

Comment

pastimes anyone!!

Allie, When we were in Fla., last mo., we got to kayaking with the manattees on the Crystal River. That was one of the hi-lites of the trip for me! They rent kayaks for fairly cheap...I'll let you know next time I'm down there. They also have them here @ the lodge where I work(not quite as nice as mine... they don't come with a dog, a stereo, a cooler silk flowers on the bow & stern...or cell phone), but you can bring your own goodies!

Comment

Working...
                              X