Canadian, eh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian, eh?

There's been a thread like this for Australians, so I thought I'd make one for Canadians!
    How many of the MWO members are Canadian?
    I live in Nova Scotia.

XO
    Meg

Canadian, eh?

Ontario. About where the rib cage is on the elephant.

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Hi,
      I'm a Canadian too eh? Where is the rib cage on the elephant?? That's very mysterious......
      I like it up here in Canada. I lived in Edmonton some time ago and that is the strangest place I've ever seen. I was there in June. It was frosty cold in the morning and hot as heck in the afternoon. I'd get up at 3 a.m. to go to the washroom and the sun was out already. I went down at midnight and came up at 3 a.m. Not only that, there were magpies all over the place. They look like these feathery giant crows with white plumes all over. They make a song like caw caw noise too. I felt like I was in Wonderland. Anyone else been in Edmonton or anywhere "really" far north in Canada.
      I bet it's like that only more so up in Alaska!

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Hey Cblossoms,
        I spent all of my teen years and into the early 20s in Edmonton. I liked it there. Good people and too much "fun".
        I was born in Grande Prairie. Mud - a lot of mud. But the sight of the Northern Lights snapping in the sky could bring you to your knees.
        I loved living in the north. You could be whoever you wanted to be and the people didn't give a s**t anyway - as long as you knew how to work and how to drink.

Actually, I'm in the lion area of the elephant - I double checked.
        Helen

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Me too !! Born and raised in Edmonton, ran away from the snow 10 years ago to BC.

Comment

Canadian, eh?

OK, I'm getting out a map and I'm going to find that elephant!:rollin

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Canadian at heart!
              I was born and raised in Southern Ontario. Don't know where that is on the elephant. Actually never heard the elephant thing. If it's southern... must be... uh oh.
              Am I from Elephant Arse Ontario?
              Man, that explains A LOT.
              Anyhow, my dad is Canadian, mom is from Michigan. They met and married, and have always lived in Ontario. I have U.S. citizenship because of my mom, so I was able to look at both the U.S. and Canada for University. Decided to come State-side! Been here ever since.
              Miss and hold dear my Canadian heritage, though.
              Love,
              Becca

Comment

Canadian, eh?

I really should edit my posts. That's the LOIN area of the elephant.
                Hey Becca - If you're from Owen Sound, you be stinkin'.
                Great garden manure though!
                Hey BCers, anyone near Merritt? I got the poop beat out of me at the Adelphi Hotel years ago. I lived in Logan Lake.

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Can someone explain the elephant thing to an ignorant US girl?

Marcie

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Hi,
                    I don't know about the elephant thing but I will find out. I am very willful. If I don't find out I am going to BEG helen to tell us. And, yes I wish this place had spellcheck.
                    CB

Comment

Canadian, eh?

OK, So I have found Elephant Lake, Ontario in the Haliburton area. That's a nice spot. I had a trailer in the Haliburton Forest a few years ago. The black flies and horse flies'll eat you up and the mosquitoes are the size of helicopters though! There's a Jumbo the Elephant cemetary in St. Thomas, Ontario....
                      So, Helen WHERE ARE YOU?? AW, c'mon! Tell us.....

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Okay - Hold a map of Ontario away from you. Look for the shape of an elephant in the Southwestern area. Hint, He's kind of on a tilt head down.
                        Getting warmer?
                        Helen

Comment

Canadian, eh?

I'm an Aussie and I wanna come to Canada!!!!! To see all those ribs and loins!!! Barbecued of course...

:lol

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Come on Down!!
                            Or up - as the case may be.

Comment

Canadian, eh?

Too cool ! I have lived in Canada all my life, never heard of Ontario as an Elephant. But there he was !!

Comment

Working...
                              X