Lecithin:
    http://www.herbs2000.com/h_menu/soy_lecithin.htm
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...138/ai_9216888

Alpha Lipoic Acid:
    http://www.lindisima.com/en/alpha-lipoic-acid.htm
    http://www.alpha-lipoic-acid.com/

SAMe:
    http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/liver/a/aa011015a.htm

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor... bla,bla, etc...

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Liver Health

Thanks for the sites music man - useful research - I'll follow it up.....A.Z.

Comment

Liver Health

thanks MusicMan! also L-Glutamine that we use for help in curbing cravings helps our livers by inhibiting fatty build up.
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Liver Health

Don't forget milk thistle. It is an amazing herb that actually helps heal damaged livers. I've heard masses of miracle stories about it.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Liver Health

yes, very tue Beatle...don't know how I missed that one. Even heard that artichoke extract and beet powder are very good. who'd a thunk?
          nosce te ipsum
          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Liver Health

Thanks music man.

Comment

Liver Health

Hi all, I have heard great things about Milk Thistle also, any stories?

L
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Liver Health

Well, I don't personally know anyone whose life was saved by milk thistle but I am a true believer because there are numerous scientific studies that prove it is effective. It has been used for hundreds, maybe thousands of years for liver ailments. I think it's so amazing how people knew so much back then without the science we have today.

I've also heard about artichoke and beet juice being good for the liver. Dandelion root is also supposed to be good and is often included together with milk thistle when you buy a milk thistle supplement.

Also, especially for those of you on medications, I heard that drinking a cup of detox tea first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) helps your liver deal with the medicine. I guess drinking detox tea all the time instead of regular tea can't hurt.

Now, how about the pancreas? (It also takes a a major beating from alcohol)
                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Liver Health

question

what is detox tea?

Comment

Liver Health

An herbal tea-- There are several different brands. You can find them in the healthfood stores and larger supermarkets. That's what they're called: detox tea.

I know people who drink it everyday even though they don't drink alcohol. It gently cleanses the body of all kinds of toxins found in our environment and the food we eat. (of course it must be organic or else it makes no sense.)

The brand I drink is Yogi Tea. It tastes really good with no sugar or milk. I think I'll go have a cup now.

Comment

Liver Health

I would suggest pancreatic enzymes. By all means do some research first. Basically if the pancreas is not producing enough of enzymes the body can’t absorb enough vitamins and minerals.

Comment

Liver Health

yes, i've heard pancreatin is essential for recovering alcoholics though i don't know what it is, what it does or where to get it. Will do some research and post back later. maybe i'll start a new thread if i find out something interesting.

Comment

Liver Health

burdock root is also said to be good for the liver. it cleanses the blood of toxins and is a natural source of minerals and aminos. The Japanese have used it in cuisine for centuries but we can get it in capsule form. (remember to always make sure herbal supplements are organic)

Comment

Liver Health

I have been taking milk thistle, I've been told it helps!
                            Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Liver Health

I take milk thistle too, I'll take a look at some of those links Music man. Thanks.

I drink lemon juice in hot water every morning, it's meant to clean out the kidneys and liver, it's a powerful diuretic. It may be a bit of an English Old Wives tale, but it seems to improve my digestion and makes my skin look better.
                              In the UK, I don't know about elsewhere, Dandelion and Burdock used to be made into a drink for 'health benefits' at least it was many years ago, now it seems to have morphed into a sugary fizzy drink with little regard to health !
                              It may be what the US calls root beer, we also call it sarsparilla here.

Dandelion and burdock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It tastes nice too.
                              Drinking..... but in moderation.

Comment

Working...
                              X