Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lessons Learned and AF Milestones

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tomorrow is 6 months and today is 181 days since I stopped Drinking. Neil and Mike?s postings and your responses led me to post separately.

Thankfully, I have not relapsed, though like Neil, I think I?m frightened at the thought. I have come to realize that whatever lingering desire I have to take a drink is to get drunk. No longer do I question, no longer do I hope that there is a possibility I can drink. I do not want just a drink or two--- even when I was on Topamax---I drink to get drunk. Anything less is pure fantasy.

I don?t mean I have regrets. One of the things I cherish the most is my new found freedom. I now have the option to do anything else I want, whenever I want, without asking or questioning my drinking self. That's a huge rush. You and this site have made that possible.

Capto

Capto, it is wonderful to hear from you and I want to say a big congratulations on six months. That is just so incredibly wonderful. I hope you will continue to post and keep inspiring. Freedom is a wonderful thing. Here's to six more months AF!!!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Yes congrats!!
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Well done on 6 months, what an achievement.

Comment

Congratulations on 6 months, Capto!

You've proven that one reaches milestones one step at a time...

Mike
          "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

Fantastic news..what an inspiration to us...so it is possible then!

cassy

Comment

Hi capto!

Well done on those 6 months.

Isn't it strange how we look back on the drinking days, like it was somebody else entirely?

I still see drinking Neil standing far away in the distance. Doen't mean that I'm out of range though. As long as I see him though, and can judge the distance, I feel hope. It may be if we lose sight of our drinking selves, that they can sneak up on us and pounce.

Neil

Comment

My hat is off to you!

Comment

Capto: It was inspiring to read your thread. I know I cannot moderate. I too drink to get drunk, & MWO has really made that reality clear to me. I cannot open a bottle wo/finishing it. Right now, I'm in one day at a time mode. I joined MWO in April & erroneously thought I'd join the 30 day sober club for May, then for June. Neither month have worked out for me. However, I will not give up. MWO has meant so much to me. Seeing how many people struggle w/the problem of alcoholism has made me realize I am not as alone as I once felt. I just put my first zero in drinktracker for today. I will work for another one for tomorrow. Thank you so much for being here. Mary
                  Wisdom, Courage, Strength
                  October 3, 2012

Comment

Re teacher...good luck for today..when you get a couple of zeros it will really help..then comes the reframing the mindset about the booze..thats the tough cookie!!

Regards Cassy

Comment

Brilliant Cap... just brilliant!
                      :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Great going Capto,

Congratulations on the 6 months :goodjob:

And to Mary...just keep trying hun, its all just one step at a time no matter how long you've been AF.
                        HOPE EVERYONE'S HAVING A GREAT DAY:thumbs:
                        Victoria xxooxx

Comment

Working...
                        X