ALLONE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALLONE

I ordered two weeks ago from a local health food store and it still has not arrived. What is everyone's impressions regarding this supplement?

ALLONE

Personally I like it because it gives me the opportunity to take a lot of supplements (twenty some odd pills) at one time....I usually buy it at vitacost because I found that their price is the lowest I've found.
    :boxer:Failure is NOT an option! :boxer:

Comment

ALLONE

I bought it from vitacost too, it was much cheaper...however i took it everyday for about a month, and I almost felt like i wanted to drink more....wierd....so i stopped taking it...and i feel okay, so I dont know if it was all in my head or what. I am going to attept to take it again in another week or two...and see if anything happens. I saw another thread somehwere on here saying if you eat a lot of protein then the amino acids in the powder will conflict with the ones you are already eating....i have no idea.
      It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
      James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

ALLONE

All One

As popeye said, All One provides most everything you need in a single supplement. tons of vitamins and minerals.

Personally, I decided against it because I am a meat eater and don't think I need all the amino acids in the mix (I eat protein at almost every meal and throughout the day as snacks) and thought I could get something cheaper. I am now taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement targeted for women with lots of B vitamins ($12), plus a supplement for vitamin D/calcium/magnesium ($10) - three in one. All One costs $30 a month at my local health shop. however, I read that you can get all one cheaper online.

The other factor to consider is that All One is a powder so you need to mix it up every day. And if you are male, you need to get one without iron. and if you have food sensitivities (like milk allergy), maybe get rice based All One.

I definitely think it's good to take supplements. When you drink a lot it is easy to become nutritionally deficient. Becoming healthier can only help you and you feel good taking better care of yourself, which supports abstinence.

Look at your own diet and decide which supplement is best for you.

Also, look at the research threads and read about Seven Steps to Sobriety information. Lots on nutrition there.

Good luck.

Comment

ALLONE

I chose to not get AllOne because I have lots of supps already. I take a very good multi, extra b complex, c, fish oil caps. Also I make a smoothie in the mornings with frozen berries, soy milk, an awesome green powder (Miracle Greens), Hemp protein powder (full of aminos, EFAs and fiber) and ground flax seeds. I figure I've got it pretty well rounded as it is.
          Hugs,
          imatree

Comment

ALLONE

I just got the AllOne from the Hi-Health store close to me. It was 30-something dollars. Kinda steep, but I figured I would try all the supps as recommended in the MWO program for the first month (except I am eliminating the Kudzu and using Naltrexone instead of Topamax - just a couple personal modifications based on what I am comfortable with and what I think I need). I think its good to review the whole list recommended by MWO and then modify it based on your own personal needs.

For me, the AllOne I think makes a lot of sense. I've been dieting (on WW) for a long time now and don't get nearly as much meat as I'd like. And, I've been short-changing my diet to save points for alcohol (not good!) so even though I eat healthy foods (and a lot of vegies because those are free), I'm probably not eating as much meat, carbs, and healthy fats as I should. I take a multi, but upon reviewing it compared to what is recommended by MWO, it is really lacking most of what is recommended.

Anyway, I start the supps today (including AllOne) so I'll let you know how it goes. I'm planning to mix the AllOne in some V8 juice (that's what RJ does). I don't eat or drink anything, though, until I have my diet coke in the morning. LOL

Comment

ALLONE

All One is pretty easy to work into a morning routine. I mix it into a smoothie much like imatree's mix, but I also use whey powder, the strawberry flavor masks the funky taste, with a little dash of Stevia. I tried it once blended with hot coffee and chocolate whey and finished it, but it wasn't ... delicious.
              "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

ALLONE

Update... I put it in V8 (1 cup) and mixed it in a shaker cup. I couldn't taste it over the V8, but it does have a texture/chalkiness to it. V8 is pulpy enough that its not that noticeable. I think it would go well in a smoothie.

Comment

ALLONE

I buy the soy bean based ALLONE, and mix it with a little soybean milk, and diet V-8 splash drink. Use a ice cube or two in a cover plastic cup, or martini shaker, and it will help avoid the clumpiness. I think you will be pleased with it.
                  Meow-Meow
                  MonaKitty

Comment

ALLONE

Something new to use your martini shaker for. LOL

Comment

ALLONE

Yeah, you don't want to waste a martini shaker!
                      Meow-Meow
                      MonaKitty

Comment

ALLONE

I am going to start drinking this stuff tomorrow morning. When I ordered my stuff from the site I ordered the starter pack which has the allinone normal. I have since read about some concerns with the Iron in the drink for Men? Should I be concerned about that enough to not drink it? Anyone know what the real deal with the concern about the iron is? Thanks!

Comment

ALLONE

How funny! I, too, am doing WW and count drinks as points. I pretty much have given up, though, with a beer being 2 points each....I only get 22 points a day. I have noticed that you are on a lot of threads. I have to say I have been on MWO almost two weeks now and am very discouraged. I even stopped taking the supps this weekend. I still have not received the Allone from my local health store and my docs won't perscribe Topomax, plus I'm still on Effexor although I am weaning off. I am afraid to tell my hubby about all the money I've spent so far on the tapes, supps, etc. He is always saying I'm always trying to find the miracle pill for everything. I guess he's right. Also meeting with a surgeon tomorrow to discuss a biopsy. Kinda nervous. I am so ready to buy the Topomax on line but am nervous about that, too. Any advise Adagirl?

Comment

ALLONE

I'm also on Weight Watchers. I mix the All One with Crystal Light. I use a portable hand mixer, count it as one point and also cross off a milk. That's stretching the rules a bit.

By the way - it's not dieting, it's making better choices. Diets don't work. I've lost 45 pounds and kept it off (relatively) for over 11 years.

Comment

ALLONE

helpmeout;144689 wrote: How funny! I, too, am doing WW and count drinks as points. I pretty much have given up, though, with a beer being 2 points each....I only get 22 points a day. I have noticed that you are on a lot of threads. I have to say I have been on MWO almost two weeks now and am very discouraged. I even stopped taking the supps this weekend. I still have not received the Allone from my local health store and my docs won't perscribe Topomax, plus I'm still on Effexor although I am weaning off. I am afraid to tell my hubby about all the money I've spent so far on the tapes, supps, etc. He is always saying I'm always trying to find the miracle pill for everything. I guess he's right. Also meeting with a surgeon tomorrow to discuss a biopsy. Kinda nervous. I am so ready to buy the Topomax on line but am nervous about that, too. Any advise Adagirl?
                              Why are you discouraged? I see many people here stating that they have been able to make signifigant changes in their lives, particularly as it relates to alcohol consumption. Your husband may be correct in thinking/stating that there is no "magic pill". I wish there was, but any program, diet, or whatever that anyone chooses to try they must be devoted to it and give it their all. What I got out of reading the book is that this program relies heavily on each part to work correctly. The only partially optional component is the prescription medication, although those that are the most successful here seem to have it in common that they are taking topamax. The Allinone is a critical component of not only the MWO program. Taking all the rest of the supps, but not taking that one may not work as the Allinone has components of it that enable the other supps to be absorbed appropriately into your body. Keep trying and attempting to move forward and outward and you will succeed! You will be in my thoughts and prayers, particularly over the biopsy report and you moving forward!

Comment

Working...
                              X