anyone done a body/colon/liver cleanse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They have these cleansing programs at the health store that I saw while looking around. Some claim to do full body cleansing, some colon, some liver. Has anyone here tried to cleanse out? If so, do you recommend it? Did you do it after completing the MWO program or at the beginning?

Thanks!

Hi iced,
    I haven't tried it, but I've been reading about it for a while and I'm very interested in giving it a go. There is so much gunk stranded inside a body and getting rid of it must be a good thing.
    I'll be following this thread very closely.

Comment

Hey Iced,
      Back when I was healthier (tho still a drinker) I did some juice fasts for general cleansing purposes. They were awesome. I'd never felt so high in my life as I did after finishing an 8 or 10 day juice fast. I accompanied them with enemas and/or colonics for the full effect (a primary goal of a cleanse is to clean out the colon - as you clean out your blood cells and organs you have to clean out your colon or all those nasties will get reabsorbed). I've thought much about doing a fast again now, to reinstate health as I strive for AF, but a juice fast means a lot of sugars generally, as typically they are based on carrot juice.

Anyway, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend cleansing. READ all you can about the topic. Yes, we build up so much toxins in our bodies - blood, organs, cells, etc. Cleansing also involves deep breathing (do you know you excrete a great deal of toxins through your lungs?) and dry brush massage of your skin (your skin is your largest exratory organ - meaning you extrete more waste though your skin than through your skin than through any other organ, therefore, if you do not 'brish off' old skin you cannot effectively release all old stuff)...

Point is... there is a LOT to learn....

Thanks for bringing this up.... Reminds me to work this into my program....Because I LOVE CLEANSING.... Simply going on an entirely raw foods diet is very cleansing. I did that for many months and felt .... well, I can't even describe it.... immortal.... and like I had been doing LSD....
      Hugs,
      imatree

Comment

Sounds really good, looking forward to more posts/experiences on this one. How do you start and more importantly stick with it?

L
        Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

I have done all of the above. The liver cleanse is very unpleasant but highly effective.

Liver / Gallbladder Cleanse

Comment

Don't do anything based on my reply - just more info to research: I've done one called the Clean Me Out Program by Dr. Richard Anderson. That was 10 years ago and I found it did just that. It's basically one-two weeks of a NO FUN diet, then two-three weeks with the supplements, plus psyllium husk powder/liquid bentonite shakes. I think it's pretty extreme and I didn't expel long strands of the mucoid fecal plaque that it was so gung-ho on eliminating. Not sure if I'd do it again. A little gentler detox is the Fat Flush Plan which focuses on liver health. There is a lot of overlap with Ann Louise Gittleman's supplements in FFP and the MWO supps. Again, it is a strict plan for the first two weeks, then you get to add friendly carbs. It is more of a lifestyle change, and very compatible with MWO. I may do it before summer is over. Some people rave about the Master Cleanse, fresh lemon or lime juice, filtered water, cayenne and maple syrup - and that's it for a few days or a week. I couldn't even do it for half a day. I need something to chew on!
            "There are two types of education... One should teach us how to make a living, And the other how to live.? ― John Adams

Comment

I have heard of that Master Cleanse diet before as well. The guy that told me about it said he lost around 10 pounds in one week by doing it and described it more as a diet than a cleanse. I thought he was crazy at the time he told me about it. I guess I am the one who is crazy!

Thanks for the info so far. Keep it coming as I think this is a really good topic for anyone coming off of years of the booze and now wanting to be healthy. Any ideas of ways to clean out the lungs other than exercise?

Comment

Tea - to stick with it, for me, it was vitally important to know the benefits inside and out. Know what toxins are doing inside the body, know what good it does for you to be rid of them, etc. And after the first cleanse (juice fast) the others were easier because I knew how very good I would feel. You're only hungry the first 3 days, then after that you're mostly high. But again, I believe the simplest most natural way to cleanse the body is to eat an all raw diet for awhile. It might sound extreme, but not as extreme as some of the cleansing programs out there.
                Hugs,
                imatree

Comment

Iced - cleaning out the lungs - mmm, there's an herb or two, can't think of it right now... but really, the best is deep breathing. and really deep. Look up just how, but basically, you fill your lungs from the bottom up, when you think you can fill them no more inhale some more, hold a few seconds, exhale completely, then a little more... do this breath several times a few times a day. cleanses the lungs wonderfully.
                  it will do wonders for your overall health as well...
                  Hugs,
                  imatree

Comment

Thanks Ima, will look into it... ahem sounds a bit scary though, anyone want to buddy me on this?

L
                    Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hey iced,
                      I love this topic!!! I have only done one cleanse in my life...mainly because I love food too much so it is really hard for me to fast....generally that food was always accompanied by beer....coffee....cigs....well you know what I'm sayin So, one thing to note, if you plan to do it alone, DO get a full physical beforehand, make sure EVERYTHING is in working order. You often have to prepare your body for a cleanse, and then REALLY IMPORTANT, stick to the after cleanse routine for a few days to ween your body back to food. A cleanse is really shocking to the system and can do more damage than good if not done properly...hence, my limited one attempt.
                      Last year, I took a trip to south east asia and went to a special cleansing spa. All the supps, vitamins, bentonite drinks, everything were prepared for you. I did a seven day cleanse. Day one, myself and a couple other girls who were partying right up to day one, went through hell!!! But, finally caught on. The cleanse involved enemas 3xs a day, self administered, as well as super vito broths, wheat grass drinks, liver cleansing (nasty ass) drinks, and others. No food, only liquids, lots of saunas and relaxation.....gotta say, coconut milk is YUMMY!!!!!! The results were astounding, I've had this mark on the edge of my lip (i think due to alcohol and smoking) within 4 days it dissapeared...COMPLETELY!! My skin looked the BEST its ever looked. I was removing things from my body still on day 7, could have actually gone longer, but really wanted a drink (re-tox after the detox...not too smart!!). Needless to say, my last few days there were spent retoxing, not long after, my skin went to shiite, that thing came back on my lip, and the weight packed back on. I will be going again in september. This time, AF, I'm sure the results will be even better!!! Not only that, but no doubt I will feel better as well, as my body wont have to work doubly hard to releive itself of the major toxins. It was an amazing experience! If you have any holidays coming up, that is one I would highly recommend, a week of relaxing in a controlled atmosphere detox. I'm sure they have them all around the world....however if you want info on the one in Thai town, let me know, would be happy to send it to you

Although I will stress the point, if you are planning on doing a home kit, please do some research, and since now, congratulations by the way, you are AF day 4, make sure to get a complete check up before hand. The older we get, the less our bodies can withstand, so best to get the green light, and then follow whatever program you are on to the tee...before, during and afer
                      *I picked up a cleanse smart program at christmas, my AF day 15 is when I think I will begin it, depending on docs approval

Hope this helped,
                      Good luck Iced, 4ever

Comment

oh yes, the program I was on was developed by some doc, can't remember his name or the name of the books, after work tonight, I will check for you, they are also great accompaniments to the benefits, etc....will post the results when I find them

Comment

I was reading about this on the 'net a few weeks ago.
                          I was particularly interested in the juice fast. The thing is I've a pretty energetic job so I think I'd have to do it during a time when I'm not at work.
                          There's nobody that I know, except here, who has any idea of what I'm talking about. I live in an area of Scotland that has one of the unhealthiest lifestyles in the whole of Europe. We top the poor diet/lung disease/binge drinking/heart attack leagues and I'm determined to do something about my own personal health.
                          Thanks for the thread iced.

Comment

Hey Popeye -
                            Based on my experience with juice fasts I can offer you this...
                            The first 3 days you need to allow yourself lots of rest. So it is good to begin on a 3-day weekend. By the 4th day (and you'll find this in just about anything you read about juice fasting) you'll begin to feel much better and should be able to resume normal activities - even have bouts of increased energy. My longest was a 10 day fast. On the 10th day I had to do a major presentation in front of a group of the leaders of the company I work for, the first time I had ever done anything like that before, and I was absolutely brilliant.

And if you do a juice fast, DON'T TELL ANYONE. Jeez, people get so freaked, not realizing that throughout human history fasting has been done regularly for health maintenance.

READ all you can on the topic, so you know what you are doing and - most importantly - have confidence in the process.

You are inspiring me to give it a go again!
                            (I tried a few months ago but drank as much wine and beer as I did juice so figured it was bogus. LOL)
                            Sue
                            Hugs,
                            imatree

Comment

Thank you imatree.
                              I'll keep you posted.....

Comment

Working...
                              X