Feelings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feelings?

Is it just me, or are there any other guys that feel the same?
    Before I came here, I would have laughed if someone had told me the changes that I feel.
    I was a cynical, unthoughtful man who cared little about life outside my own little world.
    My first few weeks here were mostly about getting to grips with how things work.
    Then I found myself being moved emotionally by the kindness and honesty of the people here. I've been close to tears on many more than one occasion, and I've discovered that I'm not the emotional dwarf that I thought I was and I'm so glad.
    I'm having a great time finding out more about myself. Not just the drinking, but the deeper me.

Any thoughts?

Feelings?

Sorry to intrude on the Guy's Group again Popeye but I just wanted to say your transformation since coming here has been remarkable. You should be so darn proud of you!!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Feelings?

Hi Lushy.
      You can come here anytime....and thanks.

Comment

Feelings?

HI Popeye,

Yes I was new at the same time as you ....

I've always been an emotional dwarf (always emotional and only 4' 11' tall) LOL

You probably remember that when we 1st joined it was around the time when Kanga passed away, I was touched by the emotions but I never really understood how you be upset by the loss of an 'online buddy' .....

Boy, now do I understand ......... If I lost anyone from here that I had got close to it would be horrendous ..........

So yes Popeye, not exactly the same as you, but I do understand ......

Love & Hugs, BB xx
        sigpicXXX

Comment

Feelings?

Oh my goodness!
          Did a MAN just say the word feelings?

Here's a great big SMOOCH for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Feelings?

Hi Popeye,

Yes - the warmth and caring and empathy for others that I see (and have received) when on here has had me close to tears sometimes too.

I think it may be that typically we don't get much contact with people who actually care about others much these days that makes it all a bit overwhelming sometimes.

I even had a PM from a MALE on here when I went MIA recently - can you believe it!

Southern, pucker up!

feelings, feelings, feelings , feelings!

Satori

xxx
            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

Feelings?

Pucker is up! )
              "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Feelings?

Awww, Yep, Yep Yep!
                :l :l
                :upset:
                Me too!
                I've never been that good at expressing myself. I usually just get quiet, & say I'm fine or go get on the river & spend time alone. But since being here... I think I've gotten a lot better at it....maybe.

At least I type my feelings out here some...if not spillin' em where they really need to be heard sometimes...
                The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

Feelings?

Wow Popeye, the girls all answered.

I have to tell you that before I found MWO, I was so foggy I don't think I was capable of having the feelings I am having now. I could not even think right, muchless feel. I now find myself emotionally tied to people and situations I just read about. Anyway, I feel it too.
                  bear
                  What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
                  ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

Feelings?

Satori....I still owe you your cyber slap... double plum flower jump spinning.....slappity slap! nice to see ya here bro.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Feelings?

Popeye, sure do know what you are saying/feeling. Sobriety isn't just an act. it's a mental bootcamp through and through. it really changes us.
                      I'm ready for a group hug guys.

nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Feelings?

First off...

D - I hope you drop that shell before you slap Satori!

I took off running being super poster when I first joined, and so many have come and gone since that time. I tend to get very emotionally attached, so I have had to withdraw a lot. The day Kanga died (day before Thanksgiving here in US), I happened to be in a new park for the first time in a new city. I had a strange sadness over me the whole day. My husband was in China on a business trip he could not reschedule, so I chalked it up to a holiday without him. But then on Friday after Thanksgiving, I learned about Kanga. I calculated the time, and figured he probably died at some point while I was at that park scratching my head wondering what this strange sadness was? And somehow I think my heart already knew something tragic had happened. Strange how that happens.

Oddly, I wasnt even that close to him although we had some fun poems back and forth and some fun laughs when he first joined.

But overall, I am amazed at how attached we can become to those we have never seen their face, and yet have connected in a way that we may never have with those whom's face we see every day. Odd.

Popeye,
                        You are definitely an amazing, caring soul. I will never forget what you posted on the domestic violence thread. I think it broke everyone's heart. And yet you still go to bat for those who hurt and are in need. Thanks.

Allie
                        If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Feelings?

Allie, it's not a shell but a giant elephant garlic clove...which I later ate. really!

it's so true that this forum is alive and real beyond what we thought it would/might be.
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Feelings?

In that case...

Garlic is healing for sure! That is a 2 meg clove would you say?

Feelings are raw (just like the garlic clove...lol) when you abandon the crutch.

But hey! Garlic tastes so much better when its freshly minced, smashed or chopped... without some sort of crud that reduces or changes the flavor? Thats what alcohol does to us I guess. Changes our flavor from the true garlic that we want to be. See what AF nights do to me?

Allie
                            If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Feelings?

I know this place is special and your postings have confirmed it. Tells us that RJ deserves a very special spot in heaven.

Comment

Working...
                              X