Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

As promised:

In the course of human events, we have occasion to acknowledge those individuals who by perserverance, courage, and determination merit special recognition.

By these notations, we honorably recognize our own Gabby, as having achieved the arduous task of completing one year alcohol-free, and therefore by these presents, in gracious admiration, due hereby award Gabby the title of:

AF SOLAR ORBITER

on this day June 6th, 2007.

Please step to the podium to accept your medal, certificate, and honorarium. You may add the customary chevrons to your robes, so that all may know of your great achievement.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:wd: :wd: :applaud:

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Congrats gabby. Excellent job.
    bear
    What St. Frances of Assisi said of himself is true for me.
    ?If God can work through me He can work through anybody.?

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Ok....stepped up I am.

Ah Neil.....ya got me blushin. And really smilin too. Right here at my computer screen. This is a way cool award. Gonna have to print it off somehow. (can we do this?)

I do really feel achieved. I am happy for myself. I wanted to be AF for a while before I actually worked on it. Its hard to believe I have actually traveled a full year without my addiction of cold beer. (wow)

RJ, I am so glad I have had your website to guide My Way Out of the rut that I allowed myself to get in with those cold beers. There really aren't any words to express the strength that you and your creation here has meant to me. Gosh I have made myself cry now.

And to all the people here that I have made true heartfelt bonds with. We really do walk this road together. Its amazing what we feel with one anther. And how we all help each other. Thanks everyone. You all are so incredibally special. There is no way I could name the way each of you have touched my heart. It would go on and on. Thanks you guys so much.

Big loves and hugs...
      Gabby :flower:

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Gabby that was wonderful and again congrats to you and your journey.

Neil, that was wonderful

A very special day indeed.
        "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

To my dearest Gabby

Congratulations fellow solar orbiter. Welcome to the next level.

A year is such a long time. When you start out trying to get sober and sort out your life a day seems like a lifetime - even an hour just drags on and on sometimes.. thats how long a year is... 365 days of THAT.

And what a journey. It takes courage and determination to stick at it and beat the odds to get this far. Well well done Gabby.

During your year you have had trials and tribulations. Unfortunately, getting sober does not eliminate shit in your life. But think how much worse you would be now if you had caved in.. and I know.. we all think about that on occasion. And so through your trials and tribulations you have created a corner of success and growth in your life. Do not underestimate the value of this cornerstone of your new life...

And there is no doubt.. that once you start to knock this thing on the head.. your life DOES change.

So.. onwards and forwards and leap into your second year. See you in 365 days with a new award and new stories to tell and not the same old same old.

Well done my friend. Well done... oh.. and did I say well done?

Brigid

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Now I've got a lump in my throat.

Definitely print that award out Gabby!
            :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Big Smiles with some tears too.....So cool to see you Brigid. I was hoping you would come.

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Kate I knew you wouldnt forget either. You guys are the best. And my peeps that I continue to look up to. Thanks so much!

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Congrats Gabby, I am soooo Happy fo you !!!!!!!!!
                  It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
                  James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Way to go Gabby! And just think, you started out planning on what, 30 days??? And it felt so good you just kept on going.

You're truly an inspiration.

Mike
                    "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Hi Gabby. . . I have followed your posts for the last few months and think you're pretty amazing. Congratulations on your accomplishment! You are a great example and inspiration to us all!

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

I have followed you

I remember when you were not sober...great job...don't stop patting yourself on the back. You have made it through so many rough spots and milestones.....congrats!

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Hi Gabby, I posted over on General Discussion but just had to post on here as well.. I can't congratulate you enough, another one of us to break the one year barrier, hopefully I'm coming up fast behind you..

Love, Louise xxxx
                          A F F L..
                          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Day late (my world is nuts) but congratulations to a truly inspirational friend.

Congratulations - you deserve it!!

Comment

GABBY ONE YEAR AF

Congratulations on this amazing year!!

:goodjob:

Gabby - you are so very inspirational to all!!! WOW! One year!!! Wahooooooooo!!

Louise, you are not too far behind her!!
                              xoxo, Mary

Comment

Working...
                              X