Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to make it happen

Hey all,
    Just like everyone here just trying to make the quit happen. Everyday is a new "I wanna quit day " but just can't seem to find day one.
    It's always YOUR choice!

Head on over to the nest, Fluff, we have several folks just beginning again. You will have lots of quit buddies! Pinecone wrote today that the nest provides two things he didn't have on his own, tools and support.
    Tomorrow never comes inour world, start today, dont let AL take another day of your precious life! We have had some wonderful conversations today that might be helpful to you. Link is in my signature line. Hugs to you, Byrdie
    Last edited by Byrdlady; October 20, 2014, 07:21 AM.
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Fluff, Byrdy speaks the truth, for us tomorrow never comes, we only have today, we get through today and then deal with the next, every day is a new experience with it's own challenges, but, you don't have to face them alone. There are so many here that have walked in your shoes, and found a way to a better life. Why not make today your day 1, then worry about the next.....and stay here and keep coming back for any help and support that you need....it is just one day at a time you know....
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

October 20-day 1.

Hi- and thanks for the replies!
        Okay Today IS day one-I'm up early, feel okay- having my coffee and getting ready for work soon. I'm so tired of the drinking cycle- I function pretty well during the day but it's always tiresome- I'm always so tired- and it's from not getting a good night's sleep because of drinking from dinner time right till I go to bed. Ugh.
        So, I'm going to work, then to watch my daughter's volleyball game at 4:00- then make dinner and just not drink.
        One day at a time!
        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Fluff, I'm so glad to hear that you've begun day 1! I read your post last evening and have been trying to think of the "magic words" that would convince you to begin. But of course, this isn't magic. It is a matter of choosing, over and over and over, not to take one drink. It truly is a leap of faith - faith that what people here are telling you is true: that you can gain your life back, that you will make it through your cravings, that it won't always be so hard, that you are stronger than you think, that you will love yourself again, that you'll never regret making this change, that someday your main regret will be that you didn't do this sooner, and that you will always be able to come here and find someone who is more than willing to listen to you and offer support. Congratulations on beginning what can be one of the best times of your life!

Comment

fluff, to be totally honest, all of us join you on your day 1! For each and every one of us, today is day 1 on the road to the rest of our lives! Glad you decided to start the journey today and not "someday", and we're all here to support that decision!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks NoSugar and ABCowboy-
              I got home from work at 1:30, ate lunch and really feel soooo tired. Why the heck do I repeat this habit after feeling like crap- it makes no sense.
              Anyway gonna lie down on the couch and try to get a snooze in before my daughter's volleyball game.
              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

I did it ! Got through day one and now onto day two! Going to bed at 9 after I watch "The Millers".
                It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Way to go, Fluff :thumbsup: ! Enjoy the movie.

Comment

October 21-Day 2

I feel so much better this morning-even though my sleep was a bit off. I had trouble falling asleep even though I was tired- finally I took a melatonin tablet and that worked for a few hours and then woke up and had a hard time falling back to sleep again but eventually did- so even with a night of fitful sleep I am feeling so much better than yesterday morning.
                    I'm loving my coffee this morning!
                    It wasn't too hard to stay away from drinking last night because I was sooo tired and tired of the habit. I actually didn't want to drink- no craving- just wishing I was a week ahead of where I am at now.
                    Have to get ready for work!
                    Can't wait for day three and more!
                    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Coffee is much better on a non-quesy stomach! So what's the plan for today? Until not drinking becomes your new normal, it really is a good idea to know exactly what you're going to be doing during those dang witching hour/s. Keep tomorrow morning's coffee in mind :wink:.

Comment

Hi NoSugar!-
                        The plan for today is to repeat what I did yesterday- not drink! Went to my daughter's volleyball game at 4pm then came home. Instead of turning on the news and having a g&t- I jumped on the computer, and also did some housework. Then as I started to make dinner I turned on the news but kept out of the living room. After dinner watched tv till 9pm and then went to bed- which is pretty much what I'm going to do again today. I also want to get used to being in my surroundings without alcohol.
                        I felt pretty good today just a bit tired but a good tired not like a withdrawal tired.
                        It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Going to bed at 10- after watching NCIS New Orleans- onto day 3!
                          Made chicken quesadillas for dinner and spent my witching hour at Kohl's -I had a 30% coupon so how could I resist?
                          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Don't you just love it at Kohl 's when your receipt tells you that you SAVED about twice as much as you SPENT??? Hope you found some good stuff .

Comment

October 22-day 3

Hi Nosugar!
                              Yes, I love that about Kohl's!
                              Hello day 3!
                              Having my coffee and reading around the threads.
                              Thinking of going out for a walk around 5pm-if it's not raining-just to switch up my daily routine, and get some exercise.
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Working...
                              X