• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free courses in London

Hiya

I am going to a mediation course tomorrow after work for free at

Inner Space Covent Garden.

Anyway it is a two week course twice a week and is totally free.

They do ones on positive thinking and time management as well.

The website is Innerspace - Centre for relaxation, meditation and positive thinking in Covent garden - LONDON

Anyway I am going to give it a whirl anyway. If anyone wants to join me please let me know.

Thanks

Kath

Free courses in London

Hi Gargykath,
    Thanks for the info - I've never heard of them before. I can't make tomorrow night but will try to check it out sometime. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Free courses in London

oh good luck with it!

I took a six week meditation course and loved it.

I think you need to take a class to learn the basics, like how to sit.

Comment

Free courses in London

Hiya

I have been before to their courses - they are run by a group called Brahma Kumaris. They have free day retreats as well so am going on one in August.

Will report back !!!

Do you think I can go swimming afterwards or will I be a bit sleepy ?

Cheers

Kath

Comment

Free courses in London

Hi Gargykath,

What a coincidence, I have been with the Brahma Kumaris since last September.. I did three workshops on Raj Yoga Meditation with them and it was fantastic.. Meditation has helped me a lot with stopping drinking and I now meditate on a daily basis.. I go to a Brahma Kumaris meeting every week and hope to go on a retreat to their centre in Oxford sometime this summer.. My aim is to visit their main spiritual centre in Rajistan in India in a few years time but I have a way to go first before I'm ready for that.. And yes, everything they do is absolutely free, also they are very open minded about religion, you don't have to subscribe to any doctrine to be accepted by them..

I hope you get as much as I do from it all,

Love, Louise xxx
          A F F L..
          Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

Free courses in London

Interesting. I have never heard of them. I was thinking it was going to turn out to be Dyanetics and you might bump into Tom Cruise!

Comment

Free courses in London

I do daily meditation at home (on waking and before bed) also go to a prayer group in catholic church weekly for last month.

i am sure without my faith , this site, spiritual reading/prayers i would be an emotional wreck!!Despite obviously having a drink problem i feel hopeful about change in my life.

Personally in the past i have gained so much innder calm from attending regualr retreats/ prayer groups that i would strongly recommend to give it a whirl. The amazing inner peace i feel when on retreat trickles into my daily living.

hope the meditation goes well for you and you get the strategies to use it daily to help in your life.

Regards Cassy

Comment

Free courses in London

Hi,

Just stumbled across this... not been around for a while but really interested in meditation though not practiced it for a couple of years... very interested Thx.

Comment

Working...
                X