Changing my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing my life

I'm back to mwo. Several years ago I posted one thread under another user name. I went back and read that post....geez nothing has changed. Same problems...same actions...rationalization,mind games...
    If I added up all the hours in the evenings since fall 2009 that I sat watching TV and "having a glass of wine" I would probably have a masters degree or have a fitness model's body or something better than sitting and drinking wine.

Anyway, January 2015 is it. It's not just because it's a new year...but I've stopped and realized how many glasses (bottles...) I've had since Thanksgiving and I'm ashamed. I'm working with a trainer to help me physically and mentally (she helps her clients love themselves). I'm not going to succeed with her if I don't stop drinking.

The 1st week of January was ok, I did have a glass of wine (or 2) a couple of evenings...but got my workouts in. The weekend hit and I was back to grabbing dinner and drinks with the hubby...so of course, getting to the gym on Saturday was unrealistic. Last week was not any better-eating or drinking.

Last weekend I found a great article about someone who gave up drinking for 30 days. He had his blood tested before and after the 30 days. All he was instructed to do was stop drinking. No changes in food or activity. The pre-30 day blood test was interesting...it's a great, eye opening read:

My focus now is getting my workouts in and being AF. I need to make sure my DH and I plan out and prep meals for the week, so we have food at home after work, instead of going out. Taking it odat.
    I am tired of constantly thinking about how much I drink, if I'm going to drink when I get home tonight, etc.

I like that this forum is called personal journals. If somebody wants to read what I'm posting, great. If not that's fine too-it gives me a place to discuss what I'm going through.

Have a great evening.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi CK - Glad you are back!

Comment

Done with work, off to the gym.
      No AL at home, so that's good.....
      :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
      X