Possible to OD on supplements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAHA OD.. yeah right? Well, I am a little concerned about what the side effects may be from overdosing on something like amino acids or protein. I am nowhere close to a doctor or anyone that understands the way the body works, so I figured I would start here. As part of the MWO program we start taking supplements. I choose to start out by ordering the starter pack from the website that includes everything mentioned as the core program in the book, including the allinone. Well, I am wanting to also drink a protein shake every morning along with the allinone, but I do not want to do this if it will screw something up. Does anyone know for sure what the potential downside would be from putting more amino acids and protein in the body than it needs? Will the body just excrete it out somehow?

I take the allone in my morning protien shake, some people have mentioned that the allone's amino's might compete with protien if you regularly eat enough protien. I have researched this a bunch and basically found this.....

Dont eat more than 30 grams of protien at one sitting...you will expel the rest ( found this from a nutritionist)

If you regularly consume a high protien diet--lots of eggs, meat, soy ect...you might wanna skip the all one.

I have chosen to take it again, I do not take it everyday, I vary it with days off, because in addition to amino's it has some other beneficial thing in it. So if you dont eat a bunch o protien already...take it....if you eat a lot skip it, or use it every other day.

Hope that helps.
    It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
    James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

That does help some. Thanks for the quick response. I think what I am going to try to do is drink the allinone for breakfast as I have been doing. I bought the "magic bullet" thing that is like a smoothie blender (makes it really easy) and I have been mixing juice + tons of fruits to make a nice smoothie for breakfast. I think I will follow that up with a protein shake for lunch this week and see what happens.

Comment

Oh yeah, the reason I started taking it again...I read the thing about the amino's competing if you eat a lot of protien....but then found a bunch of personal trainers and nutritionists recommend adding an amino complex (liquid or otherwise) to your morning smoothie with a scoop of protien powder--which was what i was doing before, so i started doing it again, and now i feel great...

Most of them have that as their breakfast
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

I buy a bag of frozen fruit(it has mango, strawberries, peaches, and some other stuff) it lasts a week, and only costs a couple of bucks, here is my smoothie recipe if you wanna try it

8oz light soy milk (or skim milk)
          1 cup frozen fruit
          1 scoop protien powder (i use chocolate flavored)
          1 serving allone powder
          James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Working...
          X