Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a way out

Hello all!,

I am new here and looking for some help and advise please, I am heavy drinker and don't know how to stop has anyone had any luck with medications to try to stop or something else?

Thanks so much

Hi Boe & welcome! Sometimes the weekends are a bit quiet (especially holiday weekends), so I wanted to be sure to say hello. I cannot offer advice about medication, but I am sure comments will be forthcoming.
    There is so much information here to help you make sense of things. Have a look at the Newbie Nest tool box and if you hit "new posts" you can see what folks are talking about most recently.
    It is this website that has helped me to stop drinking entirely without medication. I bought a couple of starter kits at the health store to help with cravings and took it from there. Wishing you a warm welcome to this supportive community.
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Hi Boe and welcome! You'll find the links to the Toolbox and Newbie's Nest in my signature line. I didn't use meds either but like El said, pleople will chime in. There are threads here that address meds. Not sure of the link but you can search for them. A lot of people take Baclofen (sp) but again, I didn't use meds so I don't have a reference point.

If you can commit to coming here every day and reading and posting, you will find more support than you ever knew existed! The people here are amazing and I wouldn't be typing this at 1 year sober if not for the support I found here at MWO. Please pull up a chair and look around. You'll be glad you did!

Comment

Working...
      X