june 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

june 3

hiya folks this is a really quick jump in...trying to set the garden up...its trying to rain be sunny...splitting the garden until these 2 get used to each other.....yesterday was fatal...but I got away with it ...thankfully..never put the male into the females hutch..the other way round works but not that one ...its a steeep learning curve ..they are brill on neutral ground so its just gonna take time for them to get used to each other....looking forward to it..garden fenced in half ...evn made a little hinged gate!!

be back soon...!!

20150603_090017.jpg

20150603_085942.jpg

20150603_090004.jpg

just looking at those pics...you wouldnt believe it was in between rain...even the ground looks dry!!
    Attached Files
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    still in learning mode for my job, the route I'm doing is pretty convoluted. Reminds me of when I was in printing years ago... "hurry up and don't get your arm stuck in the press" Seems I have a good person I'm working with, which is very helpful on the learning aspect. Thank goodness I'm done with the 2 hour commute!

Mick, looks like you have a little slice of heaven where you live. And it does look dry!! Hope wabbit orientation keeps better.

Not much else on the menu, kind of a toast and jelly day so far. Check in later how do to you all!
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

finally gettin somewhere..mebbe!!

20150603_100335.jpg

20150603_100356.jpg

20150603_100400.jpg

20150603_100413.jpg
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day

Mick, I think you have done a fabulous job with the yard for your bunnies! Sit down now & take a break
        I've made more coffee, it's that kind of day around here - dark & damp.

Sam, I'm sure you will learn your route quickly! I feel sorry for the lady who delivers mail around here because she is (rightfully) afraid to get out of her vehicle with packages. Everyone has dogs, some are not as nice as mine I hope you don't have problems with that. Amazon has kept the post office busy delivering the smaller packages. Job security is job security I guess.

I am not going to let the weather dampen my plans today. I am heading out to Curves in a bit then on to meet an old work friend for lunch. We have grandson stories to share, ha ha!

Det, glad to see you are resisting the booze crew - it's the only sane thing for us to do!

Greetings to Pauly, Pie, PQ, NS, SF, bear & anyone stopping in today
        Have a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Mick, Sam and MAE ALL to come.....

Mick...great pics. Wow you're like the little energizer bunny....you keep going and going.....Gotta say I am learning a lot about bunnies. Hope the segregation is a success. When it's not raining there it's raining here. Overcast and cooler temps here, which is just fine as I can use a break from the garden.

Sam...glad your training partner is a good fit and that you're finally done with the commuting. Can't remember, is it a daily job or part time? Toast and jelly type of day sounds good to me.

Det...you're sounding great. What a victory over the voice. Enjoy your day today.

Off to an eye checkup today. Currently on drops every 4 hours so hoping for a good diagnoses and reduction in drops. Still trying to figure out a good time to take some time off and have decided there isn't any. So just going to go for it and let the chips lie where they may.

Have a Wonderful AF Wednesday all.....:smile:PPQP

Xpost Lav...just knew you'd be there after I hit post. Enjoy your lunch and stories.
          Last edited by porqoui; June 3, 2015, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,how old are Sandy and Zuess?she looks so big next to him but I think its mostly fur,Sam,describe" convoluted" does that mean twisty, hilly,confusing? I delivered newspapers when I lived in San Diego, what a piece of shit job,I'll never do that again, wake up around the time Mick does(haha) everyday, go pick up your bundle, roll em up,and drive,drive, drive, confession:sometimes Iwwould just throw the papers into a recycling dumpster!!!so I couldn't deliver mail,I'd probably be tempted to toss the mail away too enjoy Curves Lav,you've been really good at going consistently lately, good for you hey PQ,did hope your early p.j day was restful, I did the same,dang allergies are making a drained, stuffy mess out of me,hello Pie,Bear,Det,SF,NS,readers,lurkers,joke readers,let's all have a productive Wednesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hi folks ..2025 and thats me just sat down..did some planting up as well...really nice night out there ..both rabbits runnig about doing their own thing..eventually they will get it together...quite pleased the garden has turned out not too bad..worked really hard today but got one of those sort of self satisfied moods on..
              pauly zeuss is approx a year old,sandy is about 5 or 6 ...her little toyboy...again in the house washing each other,,

ppqp...hope things are better with your eyes..hey what do you mean theres no time to take off...think of YOU!!youve done the gaffers job ..let him do yours..

Hiya Lav thanks for the pat on the head..not quite finished yet ...still got some veggies to set too..how did your lunch go?hope it went well...

hiya Sam....hope the day went well...thats good that you have a sound mentor....so the 2 hour commute is history?how long does it take you now?

right peeps sorry it wasnt much of a fred today but had a fair bit to do..take it easy ..see you in the morning....

Comment

evening all - quick whizz in after evening work meeting,ong day at work - ended well. Still performance issues with 1 member of staff,needs chasing like a child to do anything - yet is in a really independent,self driven role.We shall see what happens,feeling a lot tougher about it all now. Realised I was stressed that she hadn't done a piece of work while i was on leave,my manager was checking with her each week - and i was right - she hadn't done it.This is despite her knowing our new senior manager asked for it so it was high profile,me saying it was top priority and us having weekly catch ups all the way through - grrrrr!!Sick of doing all the worrying,responsibility taking for an adult who is paid well and not much less than me.Time for more straight talking - which won't go down well, but the alternative of just chasing her constantly,worrying her work isn't being done and being right about that is just not on.

Anyway - that said I feel better about dealing with it now.Lazy evening ahead,bit of tv catch up and maybe a bubble bath.Happy sober life,can't imagine the horror of dealing with her with a hungover!!

Apart from
                one day at a time

Comment

Hi Folks,

Took myself to the beach today. Didn't expect the drive to take so long, about two hours each way, but it was worth it. Galveston is not exactly a pretty beach, but it does have sand and salt water. beach.jpg

Pauly, thanks for the funny story about your newspaper delivery job.

Keep those bunny pics coming, please Mick.

PQ, will you do any traveling during your time off?

Det, you sound terrific.

Hi Lav, Sam, and Bear.

Comment

Galveston....brings back memories of me trying to learn to play the guitar. LOL Nice beach.
                    Vacation is a matter of "use it or loose it" so haven't made any plans to travel anywhere. Not even sure which days I'll take off yet.

Bear...hope you enjoy your lazy evening. I'm finding staff a bit frustrating these days too!

Mick...what do you mean "sort of" self satisfied!!! You should be well chuffed!!!
                    Eye is being stubborn so starting another 3 week tapering! :sad:

Pauly....yup, early PJ day was restful and now I'm pulling another Bear and having a lazy evening. (just no bubble bath LOL)

Det....waves (can't find a "wave" smilee) hope your day was good.

Came home to son cooking dinner on the BBQ, what a treat. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I had a nice lunch & visit with my friend. Grateful we both survived our nursing careers & can laugh about all that now

PQ, sorry it's taking your eye so long to heal but hopefully you'll be as good as new real soon!
                      Very nice to hear your son jumped in to help with dinner. That's how we raise them right!!!

Pauly, we only get the weekend paper delivered. Sometimes I think our paper girl does the same thing, ha ha!!!

Mick, I'm still holding on to some watermelon plants, zucchini & cantaloupe. I hope to get them in the garden in the next day or two

Pie, your beach in Galveston looks a lot like the beach in Wildwood, NJ - big!
                      Hope you enjoyed your day trip.

bear, if your employee is not getting her work done - isn't that her problem? I wouldn't own anyone else's problems. Be nice to yourself

I hope everyone has a peaceful night!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

heya AF cats and kitties!!

Mick, thanks for the kickstart and pic's. Glad you're figuring out the mysterious ways of the bunny.

much more mellow day today which has been nice, not a stressed-out moment in the mix. I really didn't realize how stressed out I was getting about things. I seem to be oddly out of touch with my own emotions.... it took me years to realize that I was stressing myself to the point of physical and mental sickness. good grief! better late than never I spose.

PQ, what happened with your eye?

Bear, sounds like you made the right choice NOT delivering the mail LOL

Lav, kudos to you for maintaining the workout schedule rain or shine. I've done some squats and pushups in the hotel room but otherwise pretty sedentary this week which isn't great. time for more pushups.....

k then, that got me breathing!

Pie, any beach beats CA traffic!

time to unwind and listen to a podcast, then hypno, then zzzzzzzzzz

be well peeps
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                        X