6 june

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 june

mornin folks ..and how are we all today then?weekend is here,so whats everyone got planned?0750,and I have got both the rabbits running around in the house...well running probably isnt exactly the word ...they are both dossing at the mo..weather looks quite nice tho it is pretty blowy out there..ok on with the show...tea n coffee on the go...

took my computer to the shop yesterday..yep pauly it spends some serious time there....!!want an upgrade to windows 8.1 and while I was there asked the woman behind the desk if she would check the internet connection speed..during the convo ..she said ...now bearing in mind this is 10 am in the mornin..."cant wait to get to the pub ..dying for a drink"not a bad opener is it?

mornin Lav...hows you today?gloominess gone?heres some sunshine..yep pretty sure these 2 think they are in paradise...waited on hand and foot!!they are both lying washing each other...thats after zeuss has chewed my phone charger into milli sections!!have you any plans for today then?kids dogs chickens ..all welcome

hiya pauly...hows you this morning?feeling any better?despite what ppqp says ..my advice isnt always good isnt always right..its only what I see and think ,on top of that I say what I see etc ...but I think you should spend more time on you,and quit listening to other woe is me s.. let people live their lives and you enjoy yours ..do for you not others..reckon you do more than enough for other peeps..you have some good times too...you do that and find something that you enjoy,and you will see the change in you..again only my opinion.....

hiya pie...hows you today?hopefully well...slow progress in bunny land,but we will get there..we know since we had sandy what she has been thru but not the little fella...he definitely has had a hard time ..my mate thinks what has happened he has been bought as a kids pet and because they arent the friendliest of rabbits he has been battered...when you go near him with a hand he is so frightened,when you shout he cringes...but we will persevere...Ive got them both eating out of the same food bowl now as we speak....

hiya ppqp...how did the rib dinner go then?all good I hope....have a good visit with your dad today..do you have to travel far to get there?as for the holiday..the holiday is ..not thinkinng about work ..let them sort it out

hi det hows you then...hope you get home safe n sound ..dont do any hyno stuff when you are driving!!

rigt folks offski..so have a good one all

I went to the pharmacy this morning and asked for 50 condoms.

The girl winked at me and said, "Oh, someone has a busy weekend ahead of them!"

"I know," I said. "I'm making a raincoat for my pet snake."

I said to my doctor, "I have got a problem with the hearing in one of my ears."

He said, "Are you sure?"

I said, "Yes, I'm definite."

A recent study into banknotes in circulation showed 60% had traces of class A drugs on them and 90% had traces of FIFA.

I'm watching a program about reverse origami.

I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

A girl came skipping home from school one day. "Mummy, Mummy," she yelled, "we were counting today, and all the other kids could only count to four, but I counted to 10. See? 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,7, 8, 9, 10!"

"Very good," said her mother.

"Is it because I'm blonde, Mummy?"

"Yes, it's because you're blonde," her mother replied.

The next day, the girl came skipping home from school. "Mummy, Mummy," she yelled, "we were saying the alphabet today, and all the other kids could only say it to D, but I said it to G. See? A, B, C, D, E, F, G!"

"Very good," said her mother.

"Is it because I'm blonde, Mummy?"

"Yes, pumpkin, it's because you're blonde."

The next day the girl came skipping home from school. "Mummy, Mummy," she yelled, "we were in gym class today, and when we showered, all the other girls had flat chests, but I have these!"

And she lifted her tank top to reveal a pair of 36Cs.

"Very good," said her embarrassed mother.

"Is it because I'm blonde, mummy?"

"No, it's because you're 25."

IT support are utterly useless. I phoned them today to say my computer crashed so I turned it off. They said I just need to boot it.

Great. It still doesn't work but now I have a fecking dent in it as well.

Got on the bus this morning and a bloke had nicked my seat.

I said, "Fck it, you drive then."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey Mick - hope you're good, youre a good rabbit parent - our cat is similar -especially scared of men!I was at spa yesterday so missing in action,up early today to take car for service and off to gym in a bit,then town to catch up with friends and treat self to new perfume.HR stuff all in order,we've coached mentored and documented my ass off!

My digestive system is coping pretty well,I feel a lot slimmer and healthier already too Other than that,friend down so food and diet soda down the local tonight,then up for body balance and more decluttering tomorrow - love it!

discovered new blog hipsobriety - really interesting take on drinking and very positive about being sober.

Pauly I think Mick has a good point,look after you and let their decisions be theirs - serenity prayer may be worth a quick read too. Hope you feel better.

sorry gotta dash - running late - back later
    one day at a time

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers,

Just sitting here with my coffee, not ready to do much yet - it's only 8:15
      Still no sun here Mick. I guess it's now officially on the MIA list. Plan to get some stuff done around here today & heading out to visit daughter & her crew tomorrow.
      Enjoy your sunny day & happy bunnies!

Bear, enjoy your weekend too! Have fun with your friend!

Greetings to PQ, Pauly, Pie, NS, Sam, Det & all the regulars.
      I hope everyone has a good AF day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi, Abbers

Sadly, Mick, my plan involves work. A project arrived at the END of the day FRIDAY! There's no way to finish it by the deadline w/o weekend work.

Your weather often follows mine, Lav, so hopefully you'll be seeing the sun soon.

Bear, I guess I missed that you were having stomach problems but glad to hear you're feeling better!

Hope all have a great day!

Comment

morning all
          Lav, the sun is out down here!! hope it makes it up your way. Slept like the dead last night, drove a part of the route yesterday. It is unusual for me to feel pressure from a job, that has not been the case since I quit working in print shops in the 1980's. Should all calm down once I get some time under my belt. I've been self employed for so long, too. Wife arrived home yesterday after doing an overnight flight, she's still snoozing. She'll be out of whack for a couple days!

Mick, I can't help it, the blonde jokes... the best...

Bear, how you be doing? Declutter is fun once you get rolling, I need a big dumpster parked in front of my barn!

NS, hope you get enjoy your weekend at least some. This work thing is not all it is cracked up to be, but it do keep food on the table.

Off to town, be well friends
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, not much going on besides the usual crap,anniversary for me and hubs today so that's good, hope everyone has a nice Saturday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Quick pop in as I got called over to the community garden this morning. I swear the 2 volunteers working on the sitting area have early dementia.
              Off to have a relaxing visit with my Dad. Will check in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Aye Lads and Lassies,

Spent the morning washing dogs at the kennel, then over to my dad's to see why natural gas had been shut off. Turns out gas company routinely replaces gas meters over 20 years old, and today Dad's was on the list. Okay. My A/C is completely dead, also over 20 years old, and on no one's list for free replacement. Repair guy will come over tomorrow afternoon when he gets back into town, so we shall see.

Det, I agree with you that feelings of guilt are demoralizing. Probably better to spend that energy working on some manner of forgiveness for myself and/or others.

Mick, it's not uncommon for mistreated animals to be fearful of hands coming towards them. Luckily for Zeuss, you're understanding his issues better everyday.

Hi Bear, Lav, NS.

Sam, I agree that blonde joke is a side-splitter!

Pauly, I wish I had some advice that might help you. Your life is more complex than mine with workplace stress, kids, allergies, etc. I admire your strength in continuing to juggle all of it, while kicking AL to the curb.

Hey PQ, I'll bet your community center thanked its lucky stars the day you walked in. And yes, my hanging crack-house for flies will somehow end up on the other side of the fence.
                Last edited by Pie; July 15, 2015, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Yes Pie I agree guilt is a waste of space, just the way these kids act makes me wonder,I started drinking right during their formative years, pre-teens,if I hadn't been so stupid maybe they'd be different I had an alkies mom and it messed me up, who starts drinkin and smoking at 31?I was so straight before that,of course I had some beer as a teen,but after I had Michelle and got married, I was good,, for awhile, bleh,maybe my fear of raising them in Vegas came to fruition, maybe if I'd have been good they'd still be weirdos,who knows,can't cry over spilled milk I guess, fly crack house haha,that made me laugh!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I like your practical approach, Pie:
                    Probably better to spend that energy working on some manner of forgiveness for myself and/or others
                    I beat myself up "for letting this happen" for several months. When I read a post that talked about not sacrificing another moment of my life to an addiction, something really clicked. I still of course have some regrets and "if onlys" but I try to acknowledge them, vow not to let them happen again, and move on. It's a good goal, anyway, and at least stops me from endless rumination about things that cannot be changed.

Comment

Pauly, I bet there isn't a parent here who doesn't question whether they should have done some things differently. Your kids still need their mom now - and you have the chance to be exactly the mom you want to be. xx

Comment

Thanks NS

Comment

yay! I'm finally home ABerooooooos!

home, and wife pounced on me. (no further details due to PG13 rating violation)

now, nice bison burger, grilled onions and broccoli salad. All is right in the world.

going to rest up, do some stretching and unpacking etc.

Fly crack house LOL

ok then, putzing around the house in my jammies....

be well peeps
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

Dang, Det! You sound like one happy dude. Good for you!!

NS, how's your last-minute work project going?

Comment

I got a good chunk of it done, Pie - thanks for checking on me. I had a chance to spend a couple hours with my grandson this afternoon :smile: so the rest of the work will just have to wait until tomorrow. It'll be ready by Monday...

Comment

Working...
                              X