16th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16th June

mornin folks and how are we all today then?all good ...weather over here is ace,so been in the garden ..thinned out beetroot ,swede,turnip,rocket and radish....rabbits happily playing away..brew time...evryone else too...here you go

morning bear and hows u today then?all good..hows the employee that u had the issues with re work?has that all been resolved now?

hiya Lav..hows u then today?brew time ..here you go..so u are in cahoots now with a phone totin Amish chicken despatcher :congratulatory:thought they couldnt have them as a personal thing?thats what Levi said!!any kid minding today?

eek...thank the Lord for autosave!!thot I had lost the post!!Pauly...here u go ..just for u!!

the last 2 pics i took when I was out for a run yesterday

how are u? all good bright eyed ?ready to go cut some hair?

hiya ns ..hows u today then ?all good hopefully " We had some free range thighs last night" hmmm...dodgy comment season on that one!!!!!!!you planned anything for today? ..nope not growing belladonna here ...but....if theres a market....

hey det..when you find a time that a vehicle goes into the garage for a cheapo let me know!!!even a serious case of looking at with a few oohs and aaahs costs dosh!!new blade fitted..the other one snapped!!

Sam you cracked me!!!!!! your comment my friend....not the router one but this....Off to work on a piece of broken bed....no wonder it takes you ages to get around!!!! as for buying quality...few n far between most nowadays is guaranteed...till you get outta the shop!!

hiya pie..hows you then?salad for breakfast..yum yum..not too much processed food in that pic!! are you working wjhile your lodger is here or have you taken time out?

hiya ppqp..hows you ...hope you are enjoying your jollies!!

right folks offski..off to buy a tunnel for the wabbits!!

"How many people on The Titanic died?" asked my teacher.

"All of them," I said. "It happened over a hundred years ago."

I have just been presented with a gold watch on my retirement and my manager surprised me by offering to buy it off me for a good price.

They don't mess about at Cash for gold.

"Your resume has MPGMA listed under hobbies. What exactly is that?"

"Making people guess the meaning of acronyms."

I see the Clangers have made a comeback on the TV today.

Or more commonly known as the Candidates in the Labour leadership election...

I was asked to run the London Marathon for charity but I declined.
    I had no experience of organising an event that big.

Pepperami..

What Sgt Pepper served in.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good Tuesday morning Abbers!

Cloudy, hot & humid - what a way to start the day, oh well.
    More storms are due to roll in early this afternoon too. My chicken yard is a muddy mess & of course all of the holes they dig for their dust baths are filled with water right now. My chickens are probably almost as dirty as Sam's piggies right now, ha ha!!

Mick, the Amish are permitted to use cell phones for business purposes & they all seem to have some sort of business these days. I still think it's weird though to hear them on the phone. They are pretty socially awkward for the most part but they do want your business. Their new organic chicken business in a huge success & after just a month or two they already have more orders than they can handle. Everyone is looking for safe food to eat & you just can't trust what you're getting from the supermarkets.

Sam, I'll send some of this rain down your way if you want some!

Pie, looks like your visitor is health conscious, awesome

NS, not sure where you are located but do you have any local farms near by? You may be able to find someone raising healthy organic chickens.

Pauly, you can bring Louie here if he likes to play in mud - we have plenty!!

Hi there bear & Det. You both sound good, stay that way!

PQ, how's that vacation going? I hope you are having some fun

OK, I need to get my Curves trip in before the skies open & the roads flood as they often do around here.
    Have a fabulous AF Tuesday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick, the pics wouldn't show up,it said invalid link woke up feeling yucky,not sure if a cold is coming on or what,just super stuffy and groggy feeling, grr,gonna buy some vitamin c today,I know its in my regular vitamin but I think I need more maybe? Tried to shuffle a walk in,it was shitty but at least its something, hello to all,will be back later when the fog in my brain clears
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning everyone,

Precious little impact so far from Tropical Storm Bill. Not much happening today, as everything is on hold in anticipation of heavy rains. We'll see.

Comment

Stay safe Pie Bill is a dumb name for a storm haha

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
            finally had a small cloud burst yesterday, sweet taters, cow peas, tomatoes, loving it. They like the heat but need that H2O.
            WOW!!!! I JUST got a call from the Soil Water Conservation for a job interview next Tuesday!!! Might be full time. Have to see what is offered, but it is exciting to have opportunities.

Selling one of my motorcycles... sniff sniff today (maybe) But I can't afford both of them, really can't afford any of them. Long ago a parts guy at the BMW shop told me BMW stood for Break My Wallet, he weren't lying...

Thanks Mick for the start up, I couldn't open any of your pics either. Happy tunnels shopping!

Lav, the Amish and the Mennonite folks are very driven to succeed. Around our area, they are the ones to call to get stuff done.
            There was one person I used to haul cows, hay, make hay, cut bulls, and when he moved away, boy there was a big void.And I wasn't the only person he did work for by a long shot.

Pauly, hope you're feeling better. Take a page from Det's book... garlic!! Eat a clove, it will open you right up (but will not endear to those closet to you!)

Pie, think I'll look at the forecast more closely to see where things are moving. I hope that the impact for you is a minimal.

Det, the Blue Ridge I see are in Virginia. One day I would love to try to hike the A.T. I love unentangling myself from the tech world and seeing mother nature doing her thing. You make a good point: SF you doing ok???

Bear, hope your day is a good movin and groovin one

Later friends
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

lets see if this works then...

20150615_183703.jpg

20150615_175601.jpg

20150615_175604.jpg

20150614_143530.jpg

20150614_143522.jpg
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Yep Mick, that works. Sure looks as though those bunnies like each other. And beautiful scenery. Is that a view from your house?

I agree Pauly, Bill is a funny name for a storm. Maybe they should have stuck with female names?

Comment

Those bunnies are getting over their shyness! They are really cute, Mick!
                  Sam, so glad to hear you have another lead on a job! It would be great to have some options.
                  Hey, Pie- isn't it something how there's either too much or not enough water? Hope it all settles down soon.
                  Pauly, you sure seem to catch a lot of bugs. Lav's idea about a GF diet might be one to consider for recurring sinus issues. There's a good deal of information about the possible connection online.
                  Lav, I get good meat at a co-op or Farmers' Market but it is $$$$! I should look for a direct farmer. (Sam????).
                  Have a great day, Abbers!
                  Last edited by NoSugar; June 16, 2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Mae ALL....

Mick...thanks for kick starting us this morning. Happy to say I haven't been in the garden. they can sort it out themselves. We're about 2 months behind you. Great to see the pics (finally) looks like they've sorted it out and have been together forever. Decided to enjoy my holis and be totally selfish and do something nice for myself. So I went out and bought a brand new Ford Escape. Picking it up tomorrow so will post pics later.

Lav...having the same type of weather as you, only not quite as humid. Thunderstorms bubbling up in the pm and looks like full on rain tomorrow. Of course as I'll have to figure out the windshield wipers before I can leave the lot. LOL

Pauly...hope the fog has lifted. Garlic isn't a bad idea. I actually picked up an iron supplement. Eating hasn't been the best and hopefully it'll help.

Pi...sounds like the exchange student is going to work out just great. Stay safe.

Sam...great news. Just goes to show the old saying is right. Easier to get a job when you have one. LOL Did you get the hay hauled?

NS...(waves) sorry haven't been keeping up on all the posts but glad to see you.

BBQing Souvlaki chicken and fresh veg's for dinner. Must get a start to beat the black clouds rolling in. Have a Terrific Tuesday Evening all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

What's souvlaki chicken PPQP?I've tried garlic capsules cuz the smell/taste of garlic makes me gag,will find the cure someday, maybe I need to move, who knows

Comment

Hey Pauly....it's a Greek marinade made of garlic, lemon juice, oil, oregano and salt and pepper. Goes great with Tzatziki Sauce (strained yogurt mixed with cucumbers, garlic, salt, olive oil, lemon juice, and dill, mint, or parsley) it is very addictive. LOL

Comment

PQ
                          that sounds pretty tasty!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Thank you to everyone for PM's or replies back or the mention. I have been doing better, but I know I am not out of the woods. My hubby and I discussed rehab.....and as I was unscheduling my life....I decided to just take a break from everything. Unfortunately....I just don't hear stellar things about rehab. Especially from the people who work in them.

So I cancelled all my yoga clients.....which they were fine with since it is summer. I was a bit scared of giving myself so much free time....but, I am finding it more helpful than trying to "recover" and keep on the face that nothing is going on. I really only get a short window for this. But, since unscheduling my life.....I get on the stair master, I go swimming, I go to yoga, I take naps and I read into the wee hours......and yes, basically have just let all worries, except for recovering.....fall away. I know that everyone would love to do this....but, lets face it....if I went to rehab.....it would be happening anyways. My kids and I are able to make plans for things that we otherwise would not be able to do.

When all went to shit with job my entire inside wiring went all wrong. I went from high anxiety to completely depressed and could care less if I woke up in the morning. Those are the basics there is alot in-between. Quite frankly looking back and seeing how my nervous system was shot to hell and back....I am surprised I stayed sober as long as I did.

I know that nobody's life is without problems....so I am not making excuses.

I know there has been some debate around the boards on relapse. When I had read more last night....I was thinking of staying away for awhile. And I may decide that.

I think there is a huge difference between someone who truly relapses and someone who thinks they may be able to control it again. Trust me, I never picked up that drink because I believed I could control it and I was all better. My nerves were shot to hell, my thinking was shot to hell and quite frankly....I wanted to lose to control of what was happening with my nervous system.

I am enjoying Tommy Rosen's conference as it seems to be around relapse and people who think they can drink again.

My dad quit drinking for 30 days....and returned to normal drinking. This was after 25 years of heavy drinking. This was detrimental to me....as, I do realize my drinking did actually skip a generation. I take after my grandfather on my mother's side. Although I do not drink as heavy as he did.....we both did periods of abs....and relapse....and he died due to liver failure at 60.

Mick...I do read most of the jokes.....little known fact....my great-grandmother had a ticket for the Titanic....but, was not allowed to board due to overcrowding. Gosh....wish I had a copy of that ticket!

Sam I hope the job works out, my hubby is closer to getting a full time position. He is working 60 hours a week......seems like you have it a bit better.

Paully....I hope you feel better.

I am ending this post.....I can't tell you the number of times....I have had to come back on to complete the post!
                            Last edited by TheSunFlower97; June 16, 2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

SF :hug: What an honest post! Thank you.

"Trust me, I never picked up that drink because I believed I could control it and I was all better."

What a memory you brought back for me. I picked up that drink to escape from myself and my life. I had forgotten that episode so again, thank you.

Rehab was good for me but I also heard "the stories". It sounds like you are doing what you need to do for you, so you go girl!

Thinking of you.....PPQP

Comment

Working...
                              X