june nineteenf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

june nineteenf

mornin all..how are we today then?all good hopefully ,as we go into another weekend....nearly chrimbo now!!!!so what plans have we got for the weekend then?owt or nowt?..well been up early doors again ..both the rabbits are out playing..I think we are getting near the stage ..fingers xd..only issue seems to be at the mo....he is using a completely different area from her as a toilet...need to sort that out...certainly dont want a 6 foot toilet!!

ok brew time..so lets have one...here we go...

hey Sam how are we today then?all good ?veying jobs on target?weekend comin... some toons maybe?steamer or a boomer today?have a good one..

hiya Lav....sounds like you are a lodger in your own house at the mo!!!!how did you get on at the vets?Baron Greenback get a spanking??I know how much Sandy cost..thank goodness I had insurance....so you got a house full this weekend too?

hiya Pauly..how are you today then?all good ?any plans for the weekend?hey dont let the pic postcard photos fool you ..believe me its like duck on water scenario here too at times...looks calm on top...but paddling like mad underneath!!

ppqp...wow nice car...like the colour too...if you are down Calgary today ..look out for my mate..he is bringing back a lowloader with some brinks armoured cash wagons back to be scrapped......all empty tho....glad that work isnt a hassle for you ...so wheres the drive to this weekend?you answered pie well ...a brilliant answer!!

hiya pie..how are you today?now then,reading your post worries me....Ive seen so many similar..get up to the year mark,and no bells and whistles..and this isnt particularily aimed at you so please dont take offence...In life we are really driven by time factors....time until such and such how long? is a main question...but quitting booze cant be given time margins..when you think about it...12 months isnt a lot in the scheme of drinking for say 15 years...there are no prizes except those from yourself and supporters..and the other thing is dont forget..no one ever knew you had a problem so how can it be celebrated when actually it is to everyone else a non starter..ok for what to expect or where to go.....firstly you can expect life.....life that you are in control of..not a slave to something in a bottle....I think with people..the words gift, expectations,rewards..conjure up physical or material things...but quitting is probably the best gift that you could have given yourself....it gives you the options of dealing with issues ,and also planning what you want to do in life ..really the world is your oyster..you have no constraints.enjoy life ,enjoy the challenges,enjoy being yourself,not living a lie...dont expect a big brass band waiting on the doorstep...but do expect a clear unhindered view of life and whatever you want to do with it..Perhaps Ive not explained that too well ..but if you want ..pm me ...dont even think of relapse .. u are too strong for it :hug: a year isnt a deadline..its a point of reflection...look back on it ...how you are..how you were ..and tell me which person do you like better?

hiya Det how are you mate?out next week again mate?tell me ..do all the shootings and use of violence with weapons impact on your job or indeed the legislation that goes with it?

hiya no sugar ..how are you today?again a great answer for pie ..tink we all have kinda got the same thoughts in different wrappers!!like you I am who I am and live my life as me.....hope you have a great weekend

hey bear hows you then ?all good hopefully..anything planned for the weekend?

right folks time to go..stay strong stay safe stay sober :hug:

I got sacked from my job for "not taking opportunities as they appear".

In fairness its a nicer way of wording "Because you had to be rescued from the revolving door in the lobby"

Take Your Children To Work Day.

What better way to teach your kids why you come home miserable every night.

"Where's the fecking volume button on this contraption?" I demanded as I stormed into my son's room at 3am.

"bloody hell," said my wife. "He's only three weeks old; he cries, o.k?"

What goes?

Message detected....scanning....analysing.....analysing... ..processing....analysing....re-scanning....processing....anaylsing...

Reply deposited.

My fecking dog around every tree.

The wife tried on a new dress and asked for my opinion.

I said I thought it was abysmal.

She bought the next size up.

Donald Trump would make a great president because you know he would comb over every inch of the budget.

"Where are you going? " Asked my wife.

"Remember all that money you made me put away for a rainy day, " I said,

"of course I do, " she snapped,

"well it's pissing down, I'm off out to buy a Harley, " I replied.

What do you call an alligator wearing a tanktop?

An investigator.

As I stood swaying from side to side at the British Airways ticket desk last night, the guy looked at me and said, "Can I help?"

"Yes," I slurred, unzipping my superman costume and pulling my wallet out, "One ticket to Amsterdam please."

"You're unable to fly, sir." he replied, "You're far too drunk."

I said, "I know mate, that's why I'm getting a plane."

Bored?

Cut open a leather football and place several bricks inside the ball. Stitch the ball together again. Place this ball on the pavement just outside a pub.

Wait a few metres down the road and when a drunk man exits the pub, shout, "Oi mate, can I have my ball back?

An interesting observation. . .
    1 The sport of choice for the urban poor is BASKETBALL.
    2 The sport of choice for maintenance level employees is FOOTBALL.
    3 The sport of choice for front-line workers is BOWLING.
    4 The sport of choice for supervisors is CRICKET.
    5 The sport of choice for middle management is TENNIS.
    6 The sport of choice for Corporate Executives is GOLF.
    Conclusion. . .
    The higher you are in the corporate structure, the smaller your balls!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers,

Hot, humid & more storms predicted this afternoon - enough already!!!
    Honestly. my chickens are up to their knees in mud, what a mess!
    I feel this weather has been fueling my aches & pains all week - moaning & groaning here.
    Having the grandsons here until 10:30 the past few nights hasn't helped much. They are leaving Sunday for a week's vacation at the beach. They are leaving me with the ITs. I will be officially insane this time next week, ha ha!!

Mick, your bunnies seem to be doing very well together - good job
    We only had one rabbit but placing a bucket underneath the hutch caught most everything he produced. I guess you need two buckets? The trip to the Vet went OK but to the tune of $222 but she's caught up on all of her immunizations, heartworm check, etc. Next week when I take the older dog I'll probably end up spending even more on her. It's a painful process on the old wallet!!!

Pie, now more than ever ramp up your gratitude for the gift you have given yourself! Freedom from any addiction is precious!
    The future is not truly clear for any of us, all we really have is today. I fully subscribe to Tolle's 'The Power of Now'.
    I spent all of my life wrapping my happiness/unhappiness around whatever the hell my husband was thinking or feeling at the time. No more of that for me! It took me a lifetime to realize & accept that he doesn't want to be happy, that's his problem, not mine. It just makes sense to wake up each day & choose to be happy & remain open to possibilities :hug:
    We will celebrate your 1 year anniversary with you right here!

Greetings Pauly, hope your mailbox is OK, ha ha!!

Hi there Det, NS, bear!
    Sam, are you getting this heat, humidity & rain? Ugh, it's so damp.
    SF, hope you are doing OK.
    PQ, very nice ride, good luck with your new vehicle!

OK, pushing myself out to Curves. Definitely thinking about a granny nap later.
    Have a great AF Friday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I'm still jealous of your yard! I've tried to be a good gardener but I suck and its pissing me off,I bought some of that hydro lawn spray off the TV,have you seen it?grass did pop up in spots maybe I'll buy another can or two,I just want a peaceful backyard, Louie was being"nice" and plucked off the few flowers I do have to give to me and Kell,turd haha,Pie,everyone has given you wise words but I never got a hint of you thinking of drinkin, you seem content and know you ain't drinkin again to me PPQP,I couldn't make out the color of your car,blue? Lav,I made hubs fix the mailbox last night, he wanted to put it off so no bills would come haha,Det,I was reading old threads and seen Determinatrix posts,looooong time ago,woke up with a headache so Advil and coffee, hi Sam,NS,Bear, let's have an un-Freaky Friday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

OMG! Determinatrix?? Maybe the best moniker ever here on MWO. So funny, Det. Thanks for sharing that.

Morning Mick and Lav. Thanks for your words of advice and insight. In the early AF days, just making it through sober IS enough. The passage of time though, and the one year marker specifically, had me contemplating what more I should be doing, and I started stressing over it. You've helped me to see that the right time for making changes is not tied to any calendar. And that continued sobriety, mindfulness, and gratitude will light the way to whatever comes next.

PQ, are you planning any road trips in your new ride?

Comment

Hi Pauly! I was hoping to hear more about your wacky mailbox. Best that it's fixed now though. Never know when you might receive a winning notification from Publishers Clearing House!

I do have drinking thoughts, but mostly refuse to entertain. I'm not at all sure I could dig myself out of the alcohol abyss again. My AF life is SO much better, and I'd like to keep it this way.

Hope you enjoy your Friday.

Comment

hidy ho ABerooooos!

keeping it weird here... lamb and sweet potato curry for breakfast

Pie, ditto that!

well, quick one as I have to zip off to a work meeting. back laterish.

be well loves
            nosce te ipsum
            (Know Thyself)

Comment

I occasionally get 'threatening' notes from the mail lady here. She gets upset when the poison ivy grows up the post that holds the mailbox. It's always something, ha ha! I have to send YB out there to deal with the poison ivy, I am way to allergic to deal with it myself. Glad you got your mailbox fixed Pauly!

Det,I've been making my own no bake high protein energy bars for breakfast. Hell would freeze over before I cold eat lamb & sweet potato curry in the morning. Enjoy!

Pie, we don't have to figure out our whole lives in advance, The pressure is off! Enjoy today to the fullest, maintain the gratitude :hug:

Flood watches posted fpr the weekend - swell.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X