June 20th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June 20th

mornin all...and how are we this fine day?well by fine ,I mean the fine rain this mornin...well both rabbits in the same hutch last night overnight for the first time ..opened them up this morning.despite being up most of the night watching them..its still early days,but I think thats it..they have both been out playing this morning..until it rained..then I had to get them back in ...the power of the digestive biscuit!!! so whats goin on today then??shall we see then?(sounds like the presenter on some kids tv programme!!)
    brews made ...dive in....

hia Lav....not like you to be going on bout aches and pains....extra brew for you madam!hows the weather over there today?hens still jotting about with flippers on...other dog at the vet next week?reminds me ..Ive got to go for my tests next week!!you take it easy today ma'am.oh and watch that Ivy...shes real poison...

mornin pauly..hows you today?advil and coffee?u make it sound like fish n chips or bacon n egg bread n jam..or suchlike!!have you ever thought of artificial grass?better still put a pic up of the yard and the ground and lets see what we can come up with ..Im sure we can think ov something....

hi pie hows you today then ?hopefully feelin good?..now before you get inot anything big etc today...just take a couple of minutes to yourself....what have you done this morning?just think about it ..even if its got up sorted yourself out and ready for the day ahead...now reverse that and think if you'd had a few wines last night....(forget the just the one scenario..)..again think of what youve done this morning,and getting ready for the day ahead..how would you feel?Your honour....I rest my case..oh and btw I was talking to someone about the drinking thotz (new word)..even up till the 2 year point they were having them..now me every now and again..very very rarely I thin k about it...what does change is your ability to cope with it,and deal with the thougths,as opposed to climbing the walls for a bottle....when is your year day?hows your guest enjoying the place?

oho ..the Determinatrix!!!!!!hows you today then ?lamb and curry for brekkie? nothing wrong with that says he eating fish with strawberry ice cream.......only kidding!!!!

No Sam ,bear,NS or ppqp?hi folks whatever you are up to...that is apart from ppqp..we all know where she is screamin down the highway in her new wheels!!!

right gang offski ..have a good one......

20150620_074155.jpg

the happy couple!!!!!!!

20150620_074214.jpg

My mate Paddy called me today and asked, "What's the 2nd largest state in America?"

"Texas." I replied.

30 seconds later I got a message saying, 'What's the 2nd largest state in America?'

My wife took me to the cleaners during our divorce.

"You're not sitting in court wearing a dirty suit," she said.

After questions about his coach and two missed drug tests before the Olympics, Mo Farah says he is on the verge of giving up running and entering the Tour de France.

here yare Lav...one for your son to take to the firehouse.......

I'm always the same when we have to go out, its always a rush and everyone is waiting for me. I'm trying to brush my hair and put my make up on at the same time, I can't find my tights. Long story short, that was my first and last day as a fireman.

My dad went to the shops to get cigs 40 years ago when I was just 4 years old, and he never returned.

Sometimes I get really mad about it, the thought that he is out there somewhere, with my cigs.

Apparently, a new study says that marriage is far more beneficial for men than it is for women.

I know this because the results of the study were just screamed at me through a locked bedroom door.

It must be terribly frustrating being a dyslexic witch, when you keep getting your spells wrong
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good (my) morning, Abbers!

Sounds like your bunnies are settling in, Mick. I bet they are fun to watch. It's great that they are getting along. My dog got in a fight with another one yesterday over a rawhide - so weird to see a normally goofy, friendly dog go totally BALLISTIC!

I think you hit the nail on the head with this idea (although it runs through the back of my mind pretty much all the time):
    ... now reverse that and think if you'd had a few wines last night...
    So, here's my problem with the daily thread - I always forget to hunt down the last one :eek-new:. Hope all is well with all of you!

Comment

Morning!

Looks like mission accomplished on the wabbit front, Mick. Maybe they've heard that Chrimbo is coming up, and want to be on their best behavior? While pouring coffee, it did occur to me how good I feel this morning, vs during my drinking days. The AF life is the way to go for me. Looks like a ran-free weather day, and I'm off to volunteer at a canine kennel.

Happy Saturday, y'all!!

Comment

Morning, NS! Yep, can be easy to overlook previous day's posts.

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Still overcast & damp here. Now we are told to expect 1-3" of rain this weekend, flooding likely - swell.
          I am predicting these aches & pains will recede when the rain recedes.
          I am awaiting the arrival of the ITs. I hope the weather clears up soon so I can keep them outside where they prefer to be anyway

Thanks for the coffee Mick!
          You bunnies are looking pretty cool, just chilling out together. Good job

Hi there NS & Pie! Hope you both have a great day!
          Pie, I will have 4 dogs in my house for the coming week & could use a visiting volunteer

Hello to the rest of the gang!
          I hope to check in later. It helps me to maintain my sanity, ha ha!
          Have a great aF Saturday everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I like the dad going out for cigs joke you'd puke if you saw my back yard,its mostly dirt with a few weeds and my garden area,the rest is filled with Louie's toys,I usually catch the previous days thread if its lit up with a new post,that's how I keep up with Det and SF usually, off to pep myself into going to work hope everyone has a nice Saturday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Yup, been out getting used to the new wheels. It drives so smooth and quiet I'm over the speed limit before I know it. Had a great visit with Dad today. Outside to the park and watch my brother with his drone.

NS...I usually check the day before thread but sometimes I just go ahead and post. Especially if I've missed a couple of days.

Pi...hope the rain has stayed away and that your volunteering was good. You're sounding good these days.

Lav...we're keeping our fingers crossed we don't get flooded out like 2 years ago. I think we'll be ok. Hope the IT babysitting goes good.

Pauly....hope your work day is going good.

Off to make some lunch and then maybe another road trip. LOL Have a Super Sober Saturday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Glad you're enjoying your car, PPQP.

Weeds are a sore subject this year, aren't they? Seems like we all have a ton of them. We're getting a break from the rain today so am enjoying that! But I'm not going to go out and pull weeds... I feel the weather in my left hand, of all places, Lav. Seems odd since I'm right-handed and use that one more.

I'm glad you just go ahead and post sometimes, too, PPQP. I was hoping that people wouldn't think I was rude or disinterested in what they had to say - it's just hard to keep up sometimes!

Comment

Don't worry NS - if anyone gets rude around here I'll just send them to their room, ha ha!!!
                  I have never officially been diagnosed with anything related to these aches & pains. I can remember having them as far back as high school & college. Damp weather, extreme hot or cold weather just gets me aching. Thankfully it clears up when the weather improves (for the most part). Of course now that I am 100 years old it takes a little longer for it to go away, ha ha. I hope your hand feels better soon!

PQ, glad you are enjoying your new wheels

Pauly, do you use Pinterest? There's a million different small garden ideas on there - take a look.

Have a good night everyone!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Lav, I probably should come over and help with your dogs just to keep my skills up. Seems I've overbooked myself for dog care next week, and will be hearing the pitter-patter of 28 little paws around here next Fri-Sun. Actually 27 paws, since one of my pups is missing a foot. At any rate, will need to be at the top of my game.

PQ, glad you pulled the new car over long enough to stop in. Are you on vacation next week as well? I am good these days for two main reasons. One is the feedback I get from you guys. As a single person, I benefit hugely from hearing others' perspectives. The other recent help is having my guest here. Giving consideration to things she might enjoy doing/seeing has opened up some windows for me.

For example, I discovered and registered for an International Day of Yoga happening downtown tomorrow. Never would have known about it had I not been on the lookout. There's a lot to be said for breaking out of stagnation. Took myself out for dinner tonight too. Grilled Ahi Tuna with steamed broccoli and cranberry/quinoa salad.

None of these things would be happening for me had I kept on drinking. Thank you, MWO friends!

Grateful Pie
                    Last edited by Pie; June 20, 2015, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X