monday 22...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 22...

morning all...Monday morning its raining like a good un here ...at least I wont have to water the plants today!! so hows things today with everyone?hopefully well...touch wood, this gzmo that plugs intto the wall is working with my computer...at least it seems to be...oh what wizardry!!its pretty frustrating at times ..and me being the technical genius that I am....anyways lets see what the world on here has to say today then.....

brew time folks...here yall go...

hiya Lav...hows you today then?all good hopefully..fur twinz gone now?like you I found quitting smoking harder that stopping drinking,.in fact at one stage I had stopped for a fair length of time then started again..thankfully long time ago now..dont know what the price of cigs is over there..but over here it is some really crazy price like about £10 a packet...when I quit think it was about £3.80 a pack..had to larf at your comment..we dont celebrate anniversaries cos yb doesnt believe in happiness!!we were ..(thats wrong..we werent!!)Julie was looking at hols yesterday....seems like all the Spanish mainland and Balearic Islands hols are booked...all the way thru till after chrimbo..lots of people choosing that as opposed to long haul with all thats going on in this mad world!once rabbits are good then we will have a hol...in the meantime have a brew...see the direct follow on link there? nope ..youre right there aint one.. have a great day

hiya det ..hows you my friend? how did the bbq go....what did you cook up? (visions of roasted garlic broccoli on a bed of charcoal!)so wheres this journey take you to?be safe n sober...

hey pie ...days off ?now what are they?actually its me own fault ..Im a self propelled task master..Judge Judy,Kyle ,Springer,cookin progs and chopping up cars all day doesnt do it for me...I can safely say,I tend to do a bit as opposed to sofa surfin......anyways how are you today then?how are you and the lodger (sounds pretty formal) getting on?hows your thinking doing too?

hey bear how and where are you?hope all is well with you ..........

hiya ppqp..hows you?and the new wheels doing?hey like the idea of you quitting smoking..try the patches..they take ages to light!!are you off this week too?irrespective have a great day.

Hey Sam 26 years ..congrats mate....weve been married 4...lived together for 19...just to make sure ..kinda like an apprenticeship...dont want to rush things!!:happy2: hows the job front going?all good?when do you see about the conservation one?

hi ab ..nice jump in mate..always nice to see the guy with the maple :welldone:

hi pauly...how are you today then?hows the aches n painz today?hope you are doing ok..had any more thoughts about growing in the yard?doesnt matter how good bad it looks ..you can always do something with it..first hose we had together had an old outside brick sort of shed..it originally had been an outside toilet...the whole yard was probably 10ft wide by about 12 long with a big wall ...put planters all over the wall...smashed the toilet /storage dump down and with the brick built a raised bed...with a step leading up to it ...slabs across the top of it and lots of planters...send us a pic and lets get brain scratching!!

right folks..its now 9.20..since I started this Ive cut some bamboo bases,fed the rabbits ..let them out ..put them in and redone some of the tiling grout in the kitchen,where the heat has cracked it off...so dont think its because Im reeeeeeellly slow at typing!!have a good day one n all

My wife walked into the living room and said, "I've had this dress since I was 18 and it still fits me."

I said, "So you've always been fat then."

I went for a job interview on Friday and was asked to describe myself in three words.

"Violent when disappointed," I replied.

I hope to get appointment letter on Monday.

Teacher: Whoever answers my next question, can go home.

One boy throws his bag out the window.

Teacher: who just threw that?!

Boy: Me! I'm off home now.

God noticed His tortoise trying to make an escape from The Garden Of Eden.

"Not so fast," He shouted, unaware of how strong His magic had become.

Say what you like about nudists.

At least they never poo their pants.

I said to my mate, "So what did you get your dad for fathers day"

He replied, "I got him something that he's always wanted"

"Oh yeh, What was that then, I replied"?

He said, "A cake with a file inside it"

I was feeling rough this morning, so the wife had to drive me to work.

"I don't understand it." I said." I only had five pints."

"I know, Dave." She replied. "But it's hardly a fecking balanced breakfast."

I've maxed out at the bank and they keep phoning me,

I wish they would just leave me a loan.

A barman finds a fancy pen lying on the floor of the bar, he shouts over to the few blokes in the bar, "Have any of you lost a pen?"

Theys all shake their heads, but Paddy says, "Pass it here with a piece of paper."

The barman complies and Paddy starts writing on the paper.

"Yes, barman, that's my pen," says Paddy.

The barman asks "How can you tell?"

Paddy points at the paper and says, "It must be, that's my handwriting."

I phoned my mum last night to tell her that when she comes to visit me in Australia for Christmas she'll be hearing the pitter patter of tiny feet round my house.

"That's fantastic news!" She squealed, "I'm going to get all the neighbours round and open some champagne to celebrate."

Honestly, I think she's more excited about my new gerbil than I am.

A policeman knocked on my door.
    He said, "I have reason to believe you are in receipt of stolen goods".
    I said, "What makes you think that?"
    "The police uniform you're wearing, for a start".

I said to my doctor, "I've got a problem with my penis. Just before I'm about to make love to my wife, she laughs at it."

He said, "Don't worry that's quite common."

I said, "Really?"

"Yes," he replied. "She laughs at everyone's."

I offered my computer a sandwich today.

It took a Megabyte.

The wife just rang me, "Where are you?"

I said, "I'm in sane."

She said, "How did you get there?"

I said, "You drove me."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and MAE ALL....

Back to work and back to reality today. I am enjoying the new wheels but am thinking of walking to work. That parking lot can be scary with all those seniors! LOL
    Glad to hear the gzmo is working. We may get a pop up shower this afternoon and the forecast is for 92F by the end of the week. Have a feeling I'll be spending some time in the garden this week.
    Off to get a second cuppa and read the jokes. Have a Marvelous AF Monday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Monday to all

Hot & humid here, of course with the threat of thunder storms all week. I have to say the gardens love this weather though. We're already eating Swiss chard, banana peppers, bell peppers & beets from the veggie garden. Not bad at all!

Glad you're internet connection is better now Mick.
      Also glad you were able to watch that Facebook video of the rabbit & snake. I had no idea a bunny could beat the crap out of a snake, ha ha!!!
      btw - I was totally serious about YB, he does not 'trust happiness'. When he first verbalized that about 10 years ago I was floored. What the hell does that mean? Since then I've realized that statement kind of explains his erratic behavior over the years. I keep telling him he can choose differently, choose happiness. It's up to him!

Hi there PQ!
      I hope your new wheels survive the parking lot, I totally understand. I had a new car badly scratched in a mall parking lot years ago, made me sad. Sometimes people suck, ha ha.

Greetings Sam. Pie, NS, Pauly, Det, bear & everyone!
      I am about to make breakfast for 4 dogs & then get myself to Curves. The ITs will be here all week!!!

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, hope everyone had a nice weekend, we laid low cut its too hot to be dragging Louie in and out of a hot car,kinda got cabin fever yesterday though, I'm not used to that cuz usually I love being a lazy bum haha,think we topped out at 108,hubs whined about the heat all day,I just don't feel heat like regular people I guess cuz I just didn't care,but defo hafta keep the little one cool,have Mondayitis, but whatevs I'll use my fake happy face much love to all,Bear and SF check in peeps!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all

had a rough night for awhile, really bad leg cramps! Did a lot of work yesterday and it was hot, but I kept hydrated, still... ouch.

thanks for the brew Mick, enjoyed the tortoise joke. The internet thing is maddening, isn't it? Go for the interview tomorrow.

morning Lav, summer is coming on with a vengeance this week, tomorrow suppose to be quite hot and I'm sure humid. We don't have AC but there are times I wish we did. Enjoy "your" doggies!

PQ, morning to you. My last car "inciDENT" was in a parking lot, and I was the culprit. I back into a car I didn't see. I had a ball hitch on the back which enabled me to inflict more damage. Fortunately for you, I'm not nearby! I blame genetics, my grandpa never looked when backing up. Yep, he was a senior citizen by then!

Pauly, I would probably be one of those whining about the heat. I have always heard the heat out west is different because of low humidity, however 103° is still 103°. Good idea to keep the little one inside.

just about lost this post, was able recall it, thank goodness for the advanced option!

off to sweat!!
          be well good friends
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning, gang. Just off to Dad's house for routine Monday visit. Prolly stop back later for proper post.

Comment

Glad to see your post waiting when I woke up, Mick! Hope the computer gods keep smiling upon you.
              PQ, hope it's good to be back to work. I generally like routine so am often glad to get back myself.
              Lav, my dog looks much like one of your ITs - I'm not sure what she'd be like if she had a partner in crime!
              Pauly, that is HOT! I guess at least it isn't humid.
              Have a good day, Pie - hope to see you later.
              Sam, as you've probably noticed, I'm pretty science/data-driven but a couple months ago, I did something I've heard about for years but always thought sounded completely crazy. Leg and feet cramps were bothering me so much, I put a bar of soap between the mattress and bottom sheet, down by my feet. Haven't had a problem since! Online they tell you it has to be Irish Spring or some such thing - I used whatever soap was on my sink and it is an olive-oil based, unscented sort of natural soap but it still worked. This might be an incredible placebo effect (and that's ok, too - I believe in the power of the mind) but anyway, at least it wouldn't hurt you to try :smile:.

Comment

NS, I've heard about that bar of soap idea, though can't recall why it's supposed to work. With no disrespect to science, I've got no argument with placebo effects.

Sam my last car inciDENT was similar to yours. Backed out of a driveway into a car parked in the street. Parked car belonged to a friend who was riding with me at the time; crushed her left front fender pretty good. Ironically, she was unable to pick up her car from the repair shop on the designated date, because that very morning another customer drove into her right rear bumper! My friend decided that her car was "invisible" so bought a new one in a very bright color.

PQ, I guess it's not just the senior drivers you have to worry about. Wishing you many dent-free miles. Have you thought about getting an e-cig to use in the car?

Hey Pauly, laying low in 100+ degree heat sounds like a good plan. Got any ice-skating rinks nearby for Louie?

Lav, how do you prepare beets from your garden? I've only ever had the pickled kind from a can.

Hey Mick, glad you're back online. Guess you're nearly done with your day which did not include TV watching. Interesting that holiday resorts are booked up so far in advance. Was it Spain you visited on your last holiday?

My guest is delightful, like a breath of fresh air. I'm learning much from her on the healthy eating/cooking front, and have decided to become a tourist in my own city. There's SO much to do here in the USA's 4th largest, fastest growing and most diverse city. Yesterday after the yoga fest, I explored parts of downtown, watched a hula-hoop competition in a park, and hopped on one of the newest train lines, just because I could.

I still love watching Judge Judy though. Oops, look at the time! She's on at 4pm. Gotta run.

Hi Det, Bear, SF, everyone else.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Well, that was a long day! Got through about 3/4 of the "junk" on my desk.

Lav...I hope you made breakfast for yourself as well. Sounds like it's going to be a long week.

Pauly....."I just don't feel heat like regular people I guess cuz I just didn't care".....well that explains why you're living in Vegas.

Sam....I never used to pay attention to trucks till I moved out to the ranch and started using ball hitches. Adds another foot you gotta watch out for. New addition to my gratitude list...Sam doesn't live in Calgary. LOL Good luck with the interview tomorrow.

NS...yup it was good to be back at work. You and I are on the same page with routines! Accountant seemed to be in a pissy mood but hey I'm well rested and it didn't bother me in the least. I suffer from foot cramps, sometimes excruciating....never heard of the soap trick, must give it a try.

Pi...thanks for the wishes. Don't e-cigs give off a lot of smoke? Think I'll just stick to the "new car" smell for now. It was a treat getting into the car after work and not burning my back on leather seats. Sounds like you lucked out with a great boarder. How long is she there for? You'll miss her when she's gone.

Pork chops and asparagus on the BBQ so must check out all the smoke coming in the door. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hope that dinner was good PQ

Pie, I grew up eating pickled beets & love them. Nowadays I mostly roast them. Sprinkle on some olive oil, salt & pepper, wrap them in foil & toss them in the oven. When they are cool enough to handle you can just push the skins right off. They are wonderful sliced on salads, yum.

Pauly, 103 is HOT! Stay in!!!!

Sam. leg cramps are nasty, I get them occasionally. I have to remember to include plenty of potassium/calcium rich foods in my diet & avoid getting dehydrated. With this hot weather we need to be extra cautious.
                    Never heard of that bar of soap trick - interesting.

The ITs have been good - no complaints so far

Be well everyone!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

108 everyone, again today too

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                        108 everyone, again today too
                        WOW

Comment

Hahahaha!

Comment

Good one, PQ! Lav, I'm totally trying those beets. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                              Good one, PQ! Lav, I'm totally trying those beets. Thanks!!
                              Me too Pi....we have a "free" plot (not my idea!) and there are beets planted in there. Vegetables are for anyone so I'll be first in line. LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X